DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Stargate UE Director's Cut at Rite-Aid

u-stu
08-03-08, 05:07 PM
I bought what I think is the version of Stargate that everyone prefers. If anyone could help me out in how to distinguish it I could confirm this. I bought it for $5.99 at Rite-Aid. The UPC is 012236125709 which, I believe, is identical to the version still in print but it has less features. This one contains a Making of Featurette. I think the defining feature is on the bottom it says "Director's Cut".

Also, dvdcompare.net says that this is the best version but at the same time says "Avoid the OOP Versions especially since reports state that there are soundtrack problems on them." Could someone clear this up?

Could a moderator move this to DVD Bargains (I think that would be correct)?

u-stu
08-04-08, 10:46 PM
Why NO response at all? I thought every post no matter what the topic got at least ONE response. What's wrong with my post?

toddly6666
08-04-08, 11:33 PM
Don't expect a response from such an insulting topic. How could you even think of asking this question? I don't think I am alone, but you owe everyone at dvdtalk an apology. You should have read the rules that no one is allowed to ask questions about the Stargate UE Director's Cut DVD after what happened in the past concerning this title. It's a very taboo topic.

;)

u-stu
08-04-08, 11:54 PM
Don't expect a response from such an insulting topic. How could you even think of asking this question? I don't think I am alone, but you owe everyone at dvdtalk an apology. You should have read the rules that no one is allowed to ask questions about the Stargate UE Director's Cut DVD after what happened in the past concerning this title. It's a very taboo topic.

;)
Um... I don't owe anyone anything. I have read the rules and have no idea what you're talking about. Why is this topic taboo? What happened in the past?

Jedi Master 33
08-05-08, 12:08 AM
Um... I don't owe anyone anything. I have read the rules and have no idea what you're talking about. Why is this topic taboo? What happened in the past?I think he was being sarcastic.

If your UE has only one disc and one version of the movie, than yes, it is the Director's Cut. The UE that had both versions of the movie{on two discs} is now OOP. Also, I believe it says Director's Cut on the front botten of the box.

bis22
08-05-08, 12:11 AM
:lol:

If I remember right, the one that everyone's after is a 2-disc version that comes under the same UPC. I've got the 1-disc and it says "Extended Cut" at the bottom.

Jedi Master 33
08-05-08, 12:42 AM
That's right. It does say Extended Cut at the bottem. My bad.

u-stu
08-05-08, 01:55 AM
Well I haven't opened mine and it says Director's Cut on the bottom and feels heavier like it could be 2 discs. So if anyone's interested, you may find one for $5.99 at Rite-Aid.

Jedi Master 33
08-05-08, 01:56 AM
Can you post a pic?

u-stu
08-05-08, 02:19 AM
Can you post a pic?
I will tomorrow but it looks identical to THIS (http://dvd.ign.com/dor/objects/497943/stargate-ultimate-edition/images/stargateue_boxlg.html)

Either way, I still haven't found the answer to the question about DVDCompare.net saying to avoid OOP versions due to soundtrack problems. Does this original 2 disc release have soundtrack problems?

starman9000
08-05-08, 08:01 AM
I think the original release of the dvd is the one with the problems. I have never actually seen it anywhere. It has the pyramid with both of their heads on the cover.

starman9000
08-05-08, 08:23 AM
This got moved to Comic Book Talk?

u-stu
08-05-08, 12:09 PM
This got moved to Comic Book Talk?
No? I can't find it there. It's still in DVD Talk. I thought this post was originally about a bargain find and requested it be moved to DVD Bargains. No mods have moved it for whatever reason. Also, instead of any sort of thanks for the heads up, everyone wants to correct which version I have. There is no doubt I have the Ultimate Edition Director's Cut (2-Disc) that has been OOP and was re-released with only one disc and currently titled Ultimate Edition "Extended Cut" and doesn't have the Making of Featurette that mine does.

starman9000
08-05-08, 12:37 PM
It was moved to Comic Book this morning when I posted. Why are you taking things so personally?

u-stu
08-05-08, 01:12 PM
It was moved to Comic Book this morning when I posted. Why are you taking things so personally?
I'm not. I just said that I didn't see it in Comic Book. I was referring to other posters who want to be smart-alecs and question my find instead of helping me positively identify the version I have.