Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Jeepers Creepers

Old 08-02-08, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeepers Creepers

Love me some Creeper. Hearing that 3 is not too far off. What does everyone think is the backstory on the Creeper? There are some obvious things we have seen, and some that were more subtle? I have heard some interesting suggestions. What does everyone think his story is?

In 3, where will they take it? We know how 2 ended. Will the Creeper continue the hunt for the ones on the bus he ddn't get? Remember what Minxie said - it doesn't matter if you are hiding on this bus or hiding under your bed................
Old 08-02-08, 11:10 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why would anyone want more of this?
Old 08-02-08, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thought the first was really great, a lot of fun. I thought part 2 shit on everything good about the first one, so I'm not really anticipating a third - unless they go back to basics with it.
Old 08-02-08, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought the first half of #1 was brilliant. Watching the movie I really thought I was seeing a comeback to "real horror" (luckily that actually happened a few years later). Then they went and ruined it by revealing what Creeper really was. Had they kept him a man (even a slightly supernatural man ala Meyers or Jason) I would have been ecstatic.

Maybe I was being too harsh (I haven't seen it since that first viewing) because it didn't meet my expectations. I guess my disappointment that it turned out to be a monster ruined it for me.
Old 08-02-08, 01:01 PM

Ok I must have missed something. I only remember what people said in the movie. I don't remember them exactly explaining what he was - only that he was a bat out of hell. Is the information you are talking about giving his little backstory on the DVD extras?

The Creeper is my guilty pleasure. The worse they get, the better I like them. Can't help it. Any information anyone may have on the Creeper, I would really appreciate it.

SHUT UP!!!! I CAN LIKE IF I WANT TO!!!!!
Old 08-02-08, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 981 Likes on 608 Posts
The first two movies are guilty pleasures for me as well, so I'll check out a third when it comes out.
Old 08-02-08, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
I thought the first half of #1 was brilliant. Watching the movie I really thought I was seeing a comeback to "real horror" (luckily that actually happened a few years later). Then they went and ruined it by revealing what Creeper really was. Had they kept him a man (even a slightly supernatural man ala Meyers or Jason) I would have been ecstatic.

This.
Old 08-02-08, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These movies are pretty damn sloppy in their use of "psychic abilities" to explain the plot. They do it in BOTH films! In part 1, they have an older woman who apparently has always claimed to be psychic, which is a little more forgiving -- BUT in part 2, a completely random girl on the bus momentarily gains psychic abilities solely so she can explain what the creature is to her friends (how convenient!)
Old 08-02-08, 02:21 PM

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=536817
Old 08-02-08, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts
Exactly! The first part of the original was fantastic. Everything that occurred
Spoiler:
once they got to the police station
was a total letdown.

Part 2 was just plain forgettable. I know I saw it but aside from kids trapped on a school bus I don't remember anything about it.
Old 08-02-08, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Maybe I was being too harsh (I haven't seen it since that first viewing) because it didn't meet my expectations. I guess my disappointment that it turned out to be a monster ruined it for me.
I would recommend a second viewing. I saw the movie theatrically as well and felt much the same way that you did, but thanks to a couple of additional viewings on DVD since then, I have come to appreciate it a lot more for what it's trying to do (and be).
Old 08-02-08, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was a cool and fairly original film. Better than much, most frankly, of what is called 'Horror' these days.

I liked it.
Old 08-02-08, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's pretty funny that the parts that people like most (the beginning) were stolen from an Unsolved Mysteries episode. The similarities are too much. Check out this side-by-side comparison of Unsolved Mysteries AND Jeepers Creepers.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yh8B-OI_1uQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yh8B-OI_1uQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by Seantn; 08-02-08 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-02-08, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Exactly! The first part of the original was fantastic. Everything that occurred
Spoiler:
once they got to the police station
was a total letdown.

Part 2 was just plain forgettable. I know I saw it but aside from kids trapped on a school bus I don't remember anything about it.
My thoughts are the same.
Old 08-02-08, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
Why would anyone want more of this?
Because I liked both films. The first was rather genius as far as horror films. Second one was embarassing somewhat, but I'm fond of flying things with razor teeth, and stupid teens getting their arses kicked/eaten.

And I want more because you simply could never get so bad as a Cohen Mummy installment.
Old 08-02-08, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh yeah, the other thing that really bugged me about Jeepers Creepers 2 was that I could feel the camera oogling the teens... If you know anything about Victor Salva's past, watching parts of that movie are pretty disturbing (the guys pissing scene comes to mind)...
Old 08-02-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I really enjoyed the first one but the second one was so terrible that it really soured me on the idea of another.
Old 08-02-08, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
I liked them each as Monster Movies not Horror Movies, but the homoerotically suggestive scenes with the teen boys in the 2nd movie were psychologically disturbing in suggesting that the director is still a creeper himself.
Old 08-03-08, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Seantn
It's pretty funny that the parts that people like most (the beginning) were stolen from an Unsolved Mysteries episode. The similarities are too much. Check out this side-by-side comparison of Unsolved Mysteries AND Jeepers Creepers.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yh8B-OI_1uQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yh8B-OI_1uQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Geez!
Old 08-03-08, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Oh yeah, the other thing that really bugged me about Jeepers Creepers 2 was that I could feel the camera oogling the teens... If you know anything about Victor Salva's past, watching parts of that movie are pretty disturbing (the guys pissing scene comes to mind)...
Agreed -- the guys basketball team stand shoulder-to-shoulder to pee IN THE MIDDLE OF AN OPEN FIELD, and one of them pulls his pants all the way down for no reason, and I think they sun bathe on top of the buses, right? (The guys, that is)

Also, the creeper himself is only after young males (no females) and the creeper is caught sniffing Justin Long's underwear. Kind of iffy when you know Salva's pedophile history.
Old 08-03-08, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting. Thanks for posting!!
Old 08-04-08, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
I enjoyed the hell out of these movies, and even though the second one is getting a slagging off here from everyone i actually enjoyed it. The first one was a good story, good characters and entertaining (if a little slow at points). The second movie gets going right away and whilst the story and characters are through away it does make for some good light entertainment. The opening and closing of the second movie make it worthwhile.

For the person suggesting that in the third movie the Creeper go after the kids that were left alive. Well at the end of the second movie you see things in about 20 years in the future. Man the creeper would have to be good if he could track all those folks down after that time.

For me i would like to see an opening that is maybe set in the Old West or something showing that the Creeper has been around for hundreds of years. I think going back to the original concept of a chase/road movie is the best option.
Old 08-04-08, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
With the 2nd one, I was very disappointed that the storyline from #1 wasn't continued.
Spoiler:
The girl watched her brother get taken, you would think she would be looking for revenge. Unfortunately, the actress turned down the role, according to IMDB.

By the way, how did The Creeper manage to get his own vanity license plate? Did he stand on line at the DMV?

Last edited by Charlie Goose; 08-04-08 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-04-08, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Agreed -- the guys basketball team stand shoulder-to-shoulder to pee IN THE MIDDLE OF AN OPEN FIELD, and one of them pulls his pants all the way down for no reason, and I think they sun bathe on top of the buses, right? (The guys, that is)

Also, the creeper himself is only after young males (no females) and the creeper is caught sniffing Justin Long's underwear. Kind of iffy when you know Salva's pedophile history.

U think thats bad, go watch "Clownhouse".

That is disturbing.
Old 08-04-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
By the way, how did The Creeper manage to get his own vanity license plate? Did he stand on line at the DMV?
I was just at the DMV, the Creeper wouldn't be out of place at all with that freak show.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.