Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Sony DVPCX995V 400-Disc DVD Changer/Player

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-08, 10:21 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm am thinking about getting one of these Sony 400 disc players. Anyone here have this model? Would you recommend it? Will it shuffle through all the discs or just the chapters on the disc playing? Read a review online that has me wondering about that. Think it would be kinda neat having it shuffle to a random movie, when my girlfriend and I can't agree on a certain one to watch.
Old 07-31-08, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have it and I use it for all my episodic animated stuff. Great as a secondary player, but not a primary. Also, the lack of any type of internet connectivity makes tagging discs cumbersome, as it's a manual process. Not sure about the shuffle - check the manual out:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...5V&region_id=1

I'm debating on getting another one because I've nearly filled the one I have!
Old 08-01-08, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want to tag everything in the player, that's a pain with these. Though my model allows you to hook up a PC keyboard to make it much easier.

The thing I did was simply have a list (I used a spread sheet) to record the slot of everything I put in the machine. I then printed out a couple of copies (straight list by slot & alpha) and didn't look back. I found I watched more movies with a jukebox unit like this -- and often would program 4-5 movies to play on weekend day and just let them play in order... sorta my own movie channel.

-beebs