DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Top Cartoons Not on DVD

u-stu
07-25-08, 12:36 AM
What cartoons do you want to see on DVD that aren't available yet? Here's some of mine, I'll add more later.

Cartoons:
X-Men
Muppet Babies
Bucky O'Hare
G.I. Joe
Fox's Peter Pan & the Pirates
Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics
The World of David the Gnome
Dexter's Lab
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Rugrats
Pirates of Dark Water
The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
The rest of the original Hanna-Barbera Jonny Quest.
Bobby's World
The New Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh
DinoRiders
The Berenstain Bears
Monsters in My Pocket
Superbook
Doug (The Disney one too I guess)
Mega Man (re-release)
Ronin Warriors (re-release)
Ewoks (the rest)
Droids (the rest)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (redo or better yet a Complete Series)
Mighty Max
Thundarr the Barbarian

Kids Shows:
Eureka's Castle
Welcome Freshmen
Salute Your Shorts
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Hey Dude

Never Saw But Looks Cool:
Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea
Pole Position
Pac-Man
Dragon's Lair
Encyclopedia Brown
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
The Karate Kid
Knights of the Zodiac
Dragon Warrior

MovieExchange
07-25-08, 01:01 AM
I'd like to see a real Space Ghost: Coast to Coast season 1 release instead of the half-assed one that was released due to stars wanting way too much money for the DVD royalties. Seriously, Jim Carrey, did you really need any more fucking money?

Thanks to those greedy asshats, we lost out on a lot of great episodes.

JOE29
07-25-08, 08:57 AM
I'd like to see the Lone Ranger cartoons released. I've been watching cuts of them on Youtube. But if they were released legitimately on DVD i'd get them on release day.

notkevinbacon
07-25-08, 09:02 AM
Mighty Max!

dx23
07-25-08, 09:39 AM
There was a similar thread before, although the OP of this one has compiled a nifty list:

Cartoons not on DVD (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=465008)

Any word on these unreleased cartoons? (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=427696)

Tarantino
07-25-08, 10:48 AM
The only one I'd be interested in would be Doug, and I'd pick that up right away.

= J

Paul1957
07-25-08, 10:53 AM
What hasn't been released from the Original Jonny Quest?

My Other Self
07-25-08, 10:58 AM
Why Rocko's Modern Life hasn't had a legitimate release yet is beyond me.

haleyxvader
07-25-08, 11:00 AM
Are You Afraid of the Dark? has been released on Canadian dvd, check Amazon, thats where I got my copies.

u-stu
07-25-08, 12:40 PM
What hasn't been released from the Original Jonny Quest?
"Season Two", the 13 episodes from 1986-87. Maybe considered a seperate show but even the DVD release says The Complete First Season.

There was a similar thread before, although the OP of this one has compiled a nifty list
I figured there had been but every figuration of terms I searched with came up with anything "cartoons".

Are You Afraid of the Dark? has been released on Canadian dvd, check Amazon, thats where I got my copies.

Yeah, I've thought about getting those but I've never had to resort to buying Canadian before. If they never get released in the U.S. I'll end up buying them that way.

JackBurton
07-25-08, 12:57 PM
Are You Afraid of the Dark? has been released on Canadian dvd, check Amazon, thats where I got my copies.Yeah, I've thought about getting those but I've never had to resort to buying Canadian before. If they never get released in the U.S. I'll end up buying them that way.DeepDiscount sells Season 2 of Are You Afraid of the Dark? I purchased it from them a while back but they don't seem to stock the other seasons.

xfilefanfreak
07-25-08, 01:40 PM
more jonny quest

calhoun07
07-25-08, 05:02 PM
"Season Two", the 13 episodes from 1986-87. Maybe considered a seperate show but even the DVD release says The Complete First Season.

Then add Jetsons to the list, because that pretty much sums up what is going on with that show as well.

And the Flintstones Meet the Jetsons movie. In fact, there is a mess of VHS tapes not yet on DVD from Hanna Barbara:
http://www.amazon.com/hanna-barbera-classic-Sing-long/dp/B001BKUG8O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1217023457&sr=8-3

u-stu
07-25-08, 06:24 PM
Then add Jetsons to the list, because that pretty much sums up what is going on with that show as well.

And the Flintstones Meet the Jetsons movie. In fact, there is a mess of VHS tapes not yet on DVD from Hanna Barbara:
http://www.amazon.com/hanna-barbera-classic-Sing-long/dp/B001BKUG8O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1217023457&sr=8-3
The original post is just my personal requests. I like The Jetsons but I haven't been able to really LOVE them since I was younger.

darkhawk
07-25-08, 08:01 PM
I know there is best of out there, But I would like to see The Complete Fat Albert

kstublen
07-25-08, 08:31 PM
The one TV Show that I have waited on for years on end is Rocko's Modern Life. Of all the Cartoons I want to be released, that is without a doubt number one. Others would include...

-Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
-Doug (Original Nickelodeon Series)
-Hey Arnold!
-Johnny Bravo
-Rugrats (Original Nickelodeon Series)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (A Complete Series Release, None of this Volume and Season Nonsense)

toddly6666
07-25-08, 11:03 PM
U-STU,

The X-Men 90s cartoon seasons are getting released in the UK now (PAL dvd)

Fist of Doom
07-25-08, 11:42 PM
Deputy Dawg
The Maxx

djskyler
07-26-08, 01:05 AM
Are we focusing on TV cartoons? Wish I could buy:
Bozo cartoons (1957)
The New Casper Cartoon Show (1963)
Larry Harmon's Laurel and Hardy (1966)
Hanna-Barbera's Abbott and Costello (1966)
"Will the Real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down" (1970)

In the theatrical realm, we're still waiting for a comprehensive
Betty Boop set

scottp120
07-26-08, 03:27 AM
Richie Rich

Doc Moonlight
07-26-08, 08:19 AM
The Fox and the Crow

calhoun07
07-26-08, 09:13 AM
I think we are delving into personal requests (as most of these type of threads do)...I would question whether some of these choices are "top."

There is one I've been waiting for, though over on Toon Zone it was held up as evidence that 1973 was the worst year for Hanna Barbara: ROMAN HOLIDAYS. It was kind of the Flintstones in the Roman Empire. I enjoyed the heck out of it and I have a handful of the comics that were put out based on the one season show.

We've had this kind of topic before (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=494643) and I see that I mentioned this show then as well.

rw2516
07-26-08, 09:35 AM
Deputy Dawg

"It's possible!" "It's possible!"

dvd-4-life
07-26-08, 10:58 AM
Where's The Herculoids? It seems that WB is in no big hurry with there Hanna Barbera library.Too many to mention.There were rumors of Wally Gator and Quick Draw McGraw but there were remastering issues.Have all the Superfriends been released?Whats the proper release order? I would also like to see a complete Deputy Dawg but I thought that Jerry Beck mentioned there were no planned releases of the Terrytoons.I would also like a complete Felix the Cat and complete Beany and Cecil along with the King Features complete made for tv Popeye from the 1960's.There was also a animated series from the 60s that was banned due to references to Post cereals that I would like too see.

johnbook
07-26-08, 12:37 PM
There is only one cartoon i would love to have that is not released on dvd as of yet, "Rover Dangerfield" R.I.P. Rodney.. you are missed.

u-stu
07-26-08, 01:34 PM
U-STU,

I remember reading that they were going to and I looked it up and it's being released on my birthday. But like Are You Afraid of the Dark? I'll have to wait for a stateside release and then wait for the Complete Series set... If they do it here like they are in the UK (Season One, Part One) I'll have to wait for 5 seasons worth. Hopefully two seasons can be on one release in some cases. How can it be released in the UK but not US?

paaron46
07-26-08, 01:39 PM
I can't find any Buzz Lightyear: Space Ranger cartoons on DVD. That is a huge want for me. They really need to release it.

Giles
07-26-08, 01:50 PM
I second - Courage the Cowardly Dog

resinrats
07-26-08, 04:45 PM
GI Joe & TMNT has already been released on DVD

darkhawk
07-26-08, 08:20 PM
Centurions
M.A.S.K.
C.O.P.S. the animated series

dadaluholla
07-26-08, 09:18 PM

Hasn't that been out for a while?

The Cow
07-26-08, 09:29 PM

Hasn't that been out for a while?

Yep, at least a coupla years.

u-stu
07-26-08, 10:25 PM
Uh yeah,... that's why I said re-release or better release.

kstublen
07-26-08, 10:34 PM

I want a Complete Series release for TMNT, not the Volume Releases that eventually change into Season Releases.

And once again I say...Rocko's Modern Life. Release that and all will be well in the Cartoon DVD World.

Fist of Doom
07-26-08, 10:49 PM
"It's possibuhl!" "It's possibuhl!"
Fixed. -smile-

beebs
07-26-08, 11:30 PM
I'd love to see Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures from the late 80s on DVD. Bakshi did a great job with the series, and one look at the list of people involved (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_Mouse:_The_New_Adventures) reads like a who's who of animation in the 90's+.

-beebs

djskyler
07-27-08, 12:40 AM
There was also a animated series from the 60s that was banned due to references to Post cereals that I would like too see.

Oh yeah, I remember that one, Linus the Lion-Hearted!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SNiZEbBSQ8I&fs=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SNiZEbBSQ8I&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The voices were supplied by talents like Sheldon Leonard, Jonathan Winters, Ruth Buzzi and Carl Reiner. The characters of the show all had their own Post cereal:

http://www.toontracker.com/linus/postcereals.jpg

The Cow
07-27-08, 01:03 AM
GI Joe has not had a full release.

calhoun07
07-27-08, 01:17 AM
I'd love to see Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures from the late 80s on DVD. Bakshi did a great job with the series, and one look at the list of people involved (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_Mouse:_The_New_Adventures) reads like a who's who of animation in the 90's+.

-beebs

Of all the unreleased animation, that would probably top my list. I don't know why I didn't think of mentioning it here. The show broke boundaries, and pulled my butt out of bed on Saturday mornings well into my late teen years when I thought I would be past the time to get up to watch Saturday morning cartoons.

Oh, man...that series was gold!

Where is the DVD on this? You mean to tell me the "drug" usage is still haunting this show?

Even more shocking is nobody is on the IMDB message board demanding for the DVD release.

Over at tvshowsondvd.com, it's 595th in ranking for unreleased shows. Not too shabby considering that's over all TV shows, not just animation. Not quite as impressive as Rocko's Modern Life #21 slot, but I suppose still strong for a show that's been off the air for 20 years now and virtually forgotten.

The Cow
07-27-08, 01:33 AM
Of all the unreleased animation, that would probably top my list. I don't know why I didn't think of mentioning it here. The show broke boundaries, and pulled my butt out of bed on Saturday mornings well into my late teen years when I thought I would be past the time to get up to watch Saturday morning cartoons.

Where is the DVD on this? You mean to tell me the "drug" usage is still haunting this show?

Even more shocking is nobody is on the IMDB message board demanding for the DVD release.

Over at tvshowsondvd.com, it's 595th in ranking for unreleased shows. Not too shabby considering that's over all TV shows, not just animation. Not quite as impressive as Rocko's Modern Life #21 slot, but I suppose still strong for a show that's been off the air for 20 years now and virtually forgotten.
Oddly, as a huge fan of the original cartoon, I have never heard of this one. -eek-

I'm grabbing the few episodes they made now and will give it a watch.

These are the good threads that tend to show people what they might be missing :up:

HeilHeiser
07-27-08, 11:36 PM
I'd love to see:

Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night

Yogi Bear and the Spruce Moose (or Goose, something like that).

The Care Bears Movie III - Adventures in Wonderland

The Smurfs - The Magic Flute

...and any other childhood favorite movies I've forgotten about.

xage
07-28-08, 12:19 AM
Spiral Zone
M.A.S.K.
Centurions
Tiger Sharks

Gizmo
07-28-08, 01:53 AM
Daria

Raye
07-28-08, 03:24 AM
Ronin Warriors was released by Bandai but its license expired a few years back. Knew I should have bought the complete collection when it was out...

Zenigata
07-28-08, 11:23 AM
Taz-Mania!!!
Eek! the Cat
Beetlejuice
2 Stupid Dogs
Samurai Pizza Cats

macnorton
07-28-08, 11:58 AM
Tarantino stole my vote for Doug.

But I would love to see more Rocky and Bullwinkle, Eek The Cat, uncut Ren & Stimpy, Capitol Critters, Family Dog, 2 Stupid Dogs and SWAT Cats.

Giles
07-28-08, 12:02 PM
I'd also like the see the few episodes that were created by Ralph Bakshi, his short lived 'Mighty Mouse' show.

calhoun07
07-28-08, 06:43 PM
I'd also like the see the few episodes that were created by Ralph Bakshi, his short lived 'Mighty Mouse' show.

It was more than a few. It got a two season run on TV. IMDB lists nineteen episodes in total, but I've also read it had 38 episodes. I am not sure which is accurate...somebody on the IMDB message board claims to have all 38 episodes from Ebay.

While I realize that's less than average animated shows, it would make a great release to put all the episodes in one set.

fujishig
07-28-08, 07:33 PM

I third (or fourth) Bakshi's Mighty Mouse, the New Adventures. I mean, they even guest starred the Mighty Heroes, all grown up.

I also third M.A.S.K., even those lame later years where it was all grand prix stuff.

I'm surprised Disney hasn't released the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh yet. they did all of the other old shows, right (Duck Tales, Tail Spin, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck)? What about Gargoyles?

Has Exo-Squad been released?

As a huge old-school anime fan:

I'd kill for a better Star Blazers release with the Japanese version included.

Also Tranzor Z (Mazinger Z). And Time Fighters (Time Bokan).

I always liked the Mighty Orbots, though they weren't technically anime.

edit:

Oh, and Spiral Zone.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of cartoons I remember fondly won't stand the test of time. Starcom, Visionaries, Sectaurs, Air Raiders, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Blackstar... I remember them all, but mostly for their toy lines and the way they'd market the new toys coming out.

Sonny
07-28-08, 10:00 PM
Ruff 'n Reddy

animefan
07-28-08, 11:38 PM
Dragon Warrior (I want the uncut Japanese version - one of my first introduction to anime without realizing it was anime at the time.)

Bionic Six

Silver Hawks

Centurions

Gobots

Inhumanoids

Visionaries

I used to love collecting the toys from the show(I may have like the toys better than the show), I wish I took better care of them when I was young.

Disc-Flipper
07-29-08, 12:34 AM
Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling!

EddieN
07-29-08, 06:40 AM
UPA theatrical shorts (some have been released here & there, a collection would be cool)
Herculoids (keep hearing it's in the works)
Speed Racer w/original Japanese audio & no edits

u-stu
07-29-08, 11:14 AM
I'm surprised Disney hasn't released the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh yet. they did all of the other old shows, right (Duck Tales, Tail Spin, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck)? What about Gargoyles?

Unfortunately, I think a lot of cartoons I remember fondly won't stand the test of time. Starcom, Visionaries, Sectaurs, Air Raiders, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Blackstar... I remember them all, but mostly for their toy lines and the way they'd market the new toys coming out.

Part of Gargoyles was released but poor sales ended that. I would've bought a complete series set easily. Also, Blackstar (the complete series) came out in 2006 and is available from Amazon for $10.49.

darkhawk
07-31-08, 08:17 PM
At one point, I thought Bionic 6 was a good show

GreenMonkey
07-31-08, 10:09 PM
U-STU,

Awesome! Will have to import that. Thanks for the heads-up.

Tscott
08-01-08, 01:39 AM
The Maxx
Daria
Just checking this thread to make sure these two were mentioned. Good job.

I'd love to be able to replace my VHS of The Maxx, and the two Daria movies with bonus episodes on DVD, while nice, just aren't enough.

toddly6666
08-01-08, 06:40 AM
M.A.S.K. complete series dvd is available on Australia PAL DVD: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/789361 and http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/790961

SILVER HAWKS VOLUME ONE USA NTSC dvd, up for pre-order at amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Silverhawks-Season-1-Vol/dp/B001BN25VW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1217590317&sr=1-2

VISIONARIES UK PAL dvd for sale at amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Visionaries-Knights-Magical-Sam-Waterston/dp/B0001V0148/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1217590402&sr=8-1

INHUMANOIDS UK PAL dvd is for sale at amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inhumanoids-Michael-Bell/dp/B000818V9I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1217590479&sr=1-1

Travis McClain
08-02-08, 07:30 PM
Have they issued "Shirt Tales" or "Blue Falcon" on DVD? I don't remember all of what was on USA's Cartoon Express lineup, but I remember liking those shows quite a lot back in the day. "Captain Caveman" was always a favorite, too. I don't know how big a following any of these shows actually had, but in my world, they were up there.

neilo13
08-04-08, 07:20 AM
Have they issued "Shirt Tales" or "Blue Falcon" on DVD? I don't remember all of what was on USA's Cartoon Express lineup, but I remember liking those shows quite a lot back in the day. "Captain Caveman" was always a favorite, too. I don't know how big a following any of these shows actually had, but in my world, they were up there.

The Blue Falcon is named for his partner Dynomutt. This was released as The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt hour. Apparently that's how this show originally aired, an hour long show with Scooby-Doo. I had no idea until I saw the release come out. Now I'm still waiting for the remainder of the pre-Scrappy-Doo cartoons to come out.

E-Z-B
08-04-08, 08:58 AM
Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates was a great show.

darkhawk
08-04-08, 08:24 PM
I would like to see THE PIRATES OF DARK WATER. It was on twice, once on network tv and then I believe Cartoon Network. It never made it to the end.

Canis Firebrand
08-05-08, 10:22 AM
The Maxx

Yes!

I still have my VHS copy, but with no VCR player, I cannot watch it. This so needs to come out on DVD. I'd be happy with just a barebones release of the entire series.

james2025a
08-06-08, 09:16 AM
They have started releasing MASK on dvd in the UK as well. And Visionaires was released there some time ago.

For me i am looking forward to:

Centurions
Spiderman and His Amazing Friends
The Hulk (80s)
Spiderman (90s)
The Avengers (90s)

I was happy to grab the release of Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors a s couple of months back, and its good to see that they are releasing the X-men cartoons in the UK. Although i will wait for them all to be released instead of buying the volumes one by one. Hope they do that with the Spiderman cartoons as well at some point.

toddly6666
08-06-08, 10:52 AM
The Hulk (80s)
Spiderman (90s)
The Avengers (90s)

all coming on UK PAL DVD...

N8 Storm
12-14-09, 07:01 PM
M.A.S.K.
The Pirates of Dark Water
Saturday Supercade
Spiderman & His Amazing Friends
Pac Man
Thundarr the Barbarian
Dragon's Lair
Visionaries
Pole Position
Sectaurs
Challenge of the GoBots
Hulk Hogan's Rock N Wrestling

I'd also like these completed:
C.O.P.S., Gummi Bears, DuckTales, Heathcliff

and proper releases:
Droids, Ewoks

toddly6666
12-14-09, 07:37 PM
M.A.S.K.
Spiderman & His Amazing Friends
Thundarr the Barbarian
Visionaries
Pole Position

these are all available on dvd.

Skyclad01
12-14-09, 07:52 PM
3-South

N8 Storm
12-14-09, 09:26 PM
these are all available on dvd.I'm talking the United States.

Giles
12-14-09, 09:49 PM
anyone remember a show called 'The Littles' based on a book and characters of the same name?

N8 Storm
12-14-09, 11:05 PM
anyone remember a show called 'The Littles' based on a book and characters of the same name?Yes, it was a good show. The complete series is out on DVD.

Evan Meadow
12-15-09, 02:04 AM
A lot of the stuff previously mentioned throughout this thread is now out on DVD out here in the US.

Skyclad01
12-15-09, 03:30 AM
A lot of the stuff previously mentioned throughout this thread is now out on DVD out here in the US.

Don't forget to look at the dates of this post. This thread was revived just yesterday after being dead for almost a year and a half.

OutRun2
12-15-09, 05:09 AM
Heathcliff

????

The US boxset I own has all the episodes AFAIK.

Regulus
12-15-09, 06:14 AM
I'd like to see the 1969 Animated Series Hot Wheels & Skyhawks released on DVD.

These were my all-time favorate cartoons when they were on, then some group of Do-Gooders got the FCC to BAN them from broadcast because they claimed they were over-long Commercials!

N8 Storm
12-15-09, 06:33 AM
????

The US boxset I own has all the episodes AFAIK.Not alll the episodes of Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats have been released in the US. Only one volume set with the first 24 episodes have been released by Shout! (NCircle has a few releases with random episodes on it as well). There has never been an official US release of all the episodes.

Evan Meadow
12-15-09, 07:09 AM
Don't forget to look at the dates of this post. This thread was revived just yesterday after being dead for almost a year and a half.

LOL didn't realize the last post was that far back.

JohnnyDaBull
12-15-09, 08:54 AM
Disney's Doug
Recess (season sets)
As Told by Ginger
The Weekenders
Rocket Power
The Pjs

E-Z-B
12-15-09, 09:55 AM
Gummi Bears Vol 2
Ducktales Vol 4
Woody Woodpecker Vol 3
X-Men Vol 5
Silverhawks Vol 2

Anyone notice a trend?

whotony
12-15-09, 09:36 PM
no whats the trend?

Quack
12-15-09, 10:23 PM
Gummi Bears Vol 2
Ducktales Vol 4
Woody Woodpecker Vol 3
X-Men Vol 5
Silverhawks Vol 2

Anyone notice a trend?

We only get a season or two....and that's it :(

Joe Molotov
12-15-09, 10:29 PM
Duck Dodgers, please!

My Other Self
12-15-09, 10:30 PM
no whats the trend?They're not finishing off the series (although I disagree with X-Men Vol. 5 being on there.. 3 and 4 just came out in September).

WB is dormant on Tiny Toon Adventures and that final Volume of Animaniacs as well.

dkedvd
12-17-09, 08:06 AM
-Street Sharks
-Bonkers
-Hulk Hogan's Rock N Wrestling
-Challenge of the GoBots
-GoBots: Battle Of The Rock Lords
-The Emperor's New School
-Little Mermaid: Arial’s Under See Adventures
-Jungle Cubs
-Mask
-2 Angry Beavers
-Camp Lazlo
-Beetlejuice
-2 Stupid Dogs
-Recess
-Eek! the Cat
-Taz-Mania
-Dexter's Laboratory
-Dexter's Laboratory: Ego Trip
-The Flintstones: Little Big League
-Mighty Max
-Muppet Babies
-The Care Bears Movie III
-Yogi And The Magical Flight Of The Spruce Goose
-The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones
-Monsters in My Pocket
-Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
-Rover Dangerfield
-Coneheads
-Doug's 1st Movie
-How The Flintstones Saved Christmas
-CatDog
-The Halloween Tree
-Double Dragon
-Casper's First Christmas
-Brand Spanking New Doug
-Toonsylvania
-Pound Puppies
-Popples

And about 100 more animated TV shows / Movies I’ll think of later on… And lets not forget the hundreds of animated TV shows that got releases started but never finished.

toddly6666
12-17-09, 10:50 AM
-Challenge of the GoBots
-GoBots: Battle Of The Rock Lords

I want to see these too! I have the Gobots Battle of the Rock Lords movie poster in Spanish (I never saw the movie though).

One would think that some company would buy the rights to GOBOTS and release them on dvd during the same time as all these Transformers movies/cartoon dvds...If TRANSMORPHERS 1 & 2 can sell on dvd, then so can GOBOTS!

dkedvd
12-17-09, 10:56 AM
ne would think that some company would buy the rights to GOBOTS and release them on dvd during the same time as all these Transformers movies/cartoon dvds...If TRANSMORPHERS 1 & 2 can sell on dvd, then so can GOBOTS!
Hadbro has owned GoBots since 1991. Though I'm not 100% sure if that means they outright own the movie/show as well? Wasn't the show Bandai? Anywho.. I think the release of the show & movie is WAAAAAY over due. And yes, with the release of Transformers & Transformers 2 over the past few years you think we would have seen something release to cash in on the buzz. Ohh well I guess those VHS tapes will have to make due for now.

shellebelle
12-20-09, 10:40 PM
I would like to see Mighty Mouse, Top Cat, or any of the old cartoons I saw as a kid in the 60's.

dkedvd
12-20-09, 10:59 PM
I would like to see Mighty Mouse, Top Cat, or any of the old cartoons I saw as a kid in the 60's.

I'm with you on a nice complete Mighty Mouse set. But FYI, there is a complete Top Cat set...

toddly6666
12-20-09, 11:16 PM
YAY!!!!!!

http://i47.tinypic.com/1zqzmu0.jpg

wm lopez
12-20-09, 11:57 PM
Anybody know why no 1940's MIGHTY MOUSE?
Is it because of the opera music rights?

PhantomStranger
12-21-09, 06:38 PM
Duck Dodgers, please!
My top remaining show that has yet to see a dvd release. They did include one episode on the Green Lantern: First Flight Blu-ray. It could be released as a complete set in one offering, there are not a ton of episodes. I have a feeling music rights to the theme song and throughout the series might be holding it up.

My Other Self
12-21-09, 07:03 PM
Is it because of the opera music rights?No. Paramount hasn't released any Terrytoons on DVD. That included Mighty Mouse, Heckle & Jeckle, and everything else.

dkedvd
12-21-09, 09:28 PM
YAY!!!!!!

http://i47.tinypic.com/1zqzmu0.jpg

SAY WHAAAAA? Is that real? If so, what region and is it out yet?

My Other Self
12-21-09, 09:31 PM
SAY WHAAAAA? Is that real? If so, what region and is it out yet?That pic is as classic as the Good Burger Criterion.

whotony
12-21-09, 10:31 PM
Is it because of the opera music rights?

There will be 3 of these of the release of the New Mighty Mouse set in Jan.

toddly6666
12-22-09, 09:54 AM
SAY WHAAAAA? Is that real? If so, what region and is it out yet?

sorry about that! ;)...here's another classic one that's only available on Australian Blu-Ray (in our dreams):

http://i50.tinypic.com/uvtbl.jpg

Desolate
12-23-09, 05:40 AM
I'm kind of shocked that Thundarr hasn't had a Region 1 release.

Also, they need to go back and fix the ****up on Jonny Quest. :wtf: They edited two episodes, removed the title cards from each, and they use the same end credits for every episode. It's a joke that's downright disgraceful. And the rest of that 'modern' Quest is God awful. Talking rock creature. Race's daughter. Ugh. Puke. :down:

Oh, and Force Five needs a proper release, not bootlegs made from VHS copies.

Steve
12-23-09, 09:09 AM
Where are the Herculoids?

Evan Meadow
12-24-09, 02:37 AM
Ewoks and Droids were both started by Lucasfilm but they never bothered to finish them.

Picked up my own copy of the Droids complete series at SDCC a few years ago.

And I'd love a complete Space Stars set, but that would also hopefully mean Herculoids would show up as well.

Oh also, as posted in another thread, X-Men Vol 5 has the cover up online as well as a supposed Mar 3rd release date.

THGhost
07-09-14, 08:56 PM
DuckTales volume 4
Darkwing Duck volume 3
Duck Dodgers season 3 (a lot of ducks)
TMNT 2K3 series (re-release in a complete series set, volumes/season sets went out of print)
Dexter's Lab seasons 2-4 & Ego Trip
Courage the Cowardly Dog seasons 2-4
Codename: Kids Next Door
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Taz-Mania seasons 3-4

PS. I hate resurrecting old threads, please redirect me if there's someplace new for this topic.

Evan Meadow
07-19-14, 07:56 PM
I don't think there has been. But we can always cross check what cartoons we now are now out since then. Like above I said I'd love to have a complete Space Stars. LOL Warner Archives did it, and I got it!

PhantomStranger
07-19-14, 08:07 PM
DuckTales volume 4
Darkwing Duck volume 3
Duck Dodgers season 3 (a lot of ducks)
TMNT 2K3 series (re-release in a complete series set, volumes/season sets went out of print)
Dexter's Lab seasons 2-4 & Ego Trip
Courage the Cowardly Dog seasons 2-4
Codename: Kids Next Door
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Taz-Mania seasons 3-4

PS. I hate resurrecting old threads, please redirect me if there's someplace new for this topic.
If DVD sales don't completely die, I think we'll see some of those series finished out. I am desperately hoping we get the final season of Duck Dodgers.

Though Warner Bros. has been pretty good about enabling digital purchases of their content on Amazon Instant Video and similar services. That is the ultimate destination for content of this nature.

THGhost
09-17-14, 09:45 PM
Courage the Cowardly Dog season 2 is now being released this year. Hopefully Dexter's Lab season 2 will follow suit.

If DVD sales don't completely die, I think we'll see some of those series finished out. I am desperately hoping we get the final season of Duck Dodgers.

Though Warner Bros. has been pretty good about enabling digital purchases of their content on Amazon Instant Video and similar services. That is the ultimate destination for content of this nature.

That seems very unlikely, seeing how WB has completely abandoned their plans of finishing Duck Dodgers and Taz-Mania. Amazon Instant Video is all well and good, but nothing beats physical media.

PhantomStranger
09-17-14, 10:29 PM
There is a good shot that Warner Archive picks those shows up, to finish them out. Warner Archive has much lower sales goals.

THGhost
09-23-14, 08:00 PM
They're taking their sweet time about it though.

You can add Goof Troop to my list as well. Disney seemed to stop dead releasing those DVDs for some reason.

jacob_b
09-23-14, 08:25 PM
Wait DuckTales isn't fully out???

kstublen
09-23-14, 10:40 PM
I read somewhere that DuckTales, etc. are going to be finished off at some point. Can't remember where I read it or when they're coming out though.