Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Burn Notice -- "Turn and Burn" -- 7/17/2008

rfduncan
07-17-08, 11:05 AM
Synopsis:
At Sam's request, Michael helps a waitress named Sophia who is being stalked by a cartel soldier.

So looks like I was a little off as this story seems a return to last season's form. However I have noticed in USA's promos that "Carla" is going to get much more face time than we may have been led to expect after last week. :clap:

GatorDeb
07-17-08, 11:06 AM
I love Carla. And I was please to see in the promos that she's out in the open working with Michael.

Shamus McAnally
07-17-08, 03:32 PM
I was on vacation and missed S2's opener. Just watched it last night, so I could watch the new one tonight.

Looking forward to it as I thought S2, E1 was very good. Enjoyed S1, so hoping for more of the same this season.

And I like the Carla thing too. Seems like it'll add quite a bit to the story.

lordzeppelin
07-18-08, 07:30 AM
I love Carla. And I was please to see in the promos that she's out in the open working with Michael.

I like the character...but man, is she ugly to me...

GatorDeb
07-18-08, 07:49 AM
You call this ugly?!
http://tvbythenumbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/tricia-helfer-as-number-6-on-bsg.jpg

High standards and at, but sheesh, ugly? :hscratch: :p

I loved the episode. I really enjoyed the whole marathon thing as a way to watch a season. The bad guy was HOT :drool: Those eyes.

RocShemp
07-18-08, 08:06 AM
I prefer how she looks in Burn Notice.

lordzeppelin
07-18-08, 08:25 AM
Well, yeah from that pic it's hard to say that...but her facial expressions and eyes on BN are just...I dunno. There were a few moments in last night's episode where she turned to say something and I almost cringed. And believe me, my standards are not high at all...to me, the DEA agent was hotter.

TGM
07-18-08, 08:44 AM
absolutely hideous.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/franku/tricia_helfer_001150C.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k180/leemgtf160/tricia_helfer_03.jpg

[Edited:]
Possibly not safe for work link:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/salamahol/TriciaHelfer.jpg

Deftones
07-18-08, 10:16 AM
great episode.

Charlie Goose
07-18-08, 11:16 AM
I still prefer Gabrielle Anwar to the above Barbie Doll.

lordzeppelin
07-18-08, 12:13 PM
I still prefer Gabrielle Anwar to the above Barbie Doll.

Agreed. I mean, I see why people like her, I just don't. I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but geez...just because I'm not worshipping at her altar.

cdollaz
07-18-08, 01:24 PM
She has a strange smile. You can see her upper gums.

DJariya
07-18-08, 10:29 PM
Tricia Helfer is a knockout IMO.

Calling her ugly is ridiculous. If she isn't your cup of tea in the looks department, then fine. We are all attracted to different types of people. I work with a few women who aren't really that attractive, but definitely not ugly. Calling anyone ugly is just mean spirited IMO.

Jimmy James
07-18-08, 10:39 PM
Virtually nobody you see on a scripted show is ugly. Even the people who are supposed to be ugly in the world of the show are the more attractive ugly people in real life.

With that said, I don't think the above woman is really all that attractive by Hollywood standards. She has a lot to please, but she has some flaws. It would be hypercritical in most areas of life to care about her relatively minor flaws, but she happens to work in one of the very few realms where pointing out minor flaws is fair game. I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but I also wouldn't give her the award for most beautiful starlet.

Jadzia
07-19-08, 01:23 AM
I don't think she is ugly either, but I think I know what some are saying. On Burn Notice she kind of has that "attractive woman in a mundane commercial" look about her. Like on a drug commercial or something, they always have a woman who is supposed to be a mom, who is attractive and would be the hottest thing at soccer practice but not a stunner by Hollywood standards.
I like her look much better in the pic GatorDeb posted (I confess I have never seen BG.)

GatorDeb
07-19-08, 02:03 AM
I like her look much better in the pic Patman posted (I confess I have never seen BG.)
Patman? :(

Jadzia
07-19-08, 02:32 AM
Patman? :(

:doh: It was you! Sorry. It is late here, and my brain cells are fried.

matta
07-19-08, 08:14 AM
Hmm.... FYI - she's a skin job. I'm not messing around with any fracking toaster.

cdollaz
07-19-08, 08:49 AM
Definitely not ugly, but definitely not much my type either. I tend to like cute more than pretty.

DJariya
07-20-08, 04:08 AM
Thought this was a very entertaining episode. I loved how Michael's plan turned the tables on Kevin Alejandro's character.

I'm really intrigued about Carla. There is really a sense of mystery about her which I like. The whole thing at the end with Michael speaking Arabic to her seemed to come out of left field, but I guess it's another clue to her identity.

Can't believe there is less than 2 months of episodes left until the long hiatus.

Mysteryfan
07-20-08, 09:09 AM
^ Totally agree.

This show should definitely have a longer season.......

orderandlaw
07-20-08, 10:05 AM
Thought this was a very entertaining episode. I loved how Michael's plan turned the tables on Kevin Alejandro's character.

I'm really intrigued about Carla. There is really a sense of mystery about her which I like. The whole thing at the end with Michael speaking Arabic to her seemed to come out of left field, but I guess it's another clue to her identity.

Can't believe there is less than 2 months of episodes left until the long hiatus.
What is this hiatus you speak of?!

DJariya
07-20-08, 11:49 AM
What is this hiatus you speak of?!

After episode 9, which will air September 18th, the show will be off the air until January. Then it will air it's final 7 episodes.

I'm curious if it was USA's intention from the get go to split the season or if the WGA strike contributed to this. I guess airing 16 episodes consecutively wouldn't have worked since the show would have aired into October/November and ratings would have dropped.

movieking
07-20-08, 02:29 PM
She doesn't look great in Burn Notice, IMO, but she still looks pretty good. Pretty good episode to boot.

Rogue588
07-20-08, 02:38 PM
I'm curious if it was USA's intention from the get go to split the season or if the WGA strike contributed to this. I guess airing 16 episodes consecutively wouldn't have worked since the show would have aired into October/November and ratings would have dropped.Splitting the season like that is USA's MO. I hate it, but really don't have a problem with it since i'm used to it by now. However, I wish they'd man up and give Nix an extra 6-8 episodes to get us to a "standard" season count.

Oh, and this show rocks.

Jimmy James
07-20-08, 03:52 PM
At least USA splits a season within a year, unlike FX's new practice of ordering what seems like only slightly more episodes than USA does but then splitting them over the course of two years.

rfduncan
07-21-08, 08:43 AM
At least USA splits a season within a year, unlike FX's new practice of ordering what seems like only slightly more episodes than USA does but then splitting them over the course of two years.
Yeah. What they're doing to this show compared to what FX is doing with Nip/Tuck or Sci-fi with Battlestar Galactica, this certainly works better for me!