Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

prison break season 4 trailer

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-08, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
prison break season 4 trailer

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U5t81_4Y3ic&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U5t81_4Y3ic&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have a bad feeling about this. It seems like they're are going way too over the top and the way its presented makes it look kinda cheesy. But as always i'll be watching it
Old 07-16-08, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It honestly can't get much worse than last season. I'll definitely give it another fair shot.
Old 07-16-08, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
That trailer makes it look like they're trying to make it slick like one of the Ocean's movies or something.
Old 07-17-08, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think I've ever stuck with such a ridiculous TV show for so long. At least, not one that appears to take itself pretty seriously. Normally I'd be incredibly derisive of such meandering, twisting, how-do-we-get-out-of-this-impossible-situation storytelling - but I love Prison Break. The trick is to not take it seriously, or even try to follow the plot. Just close your brain and let it happen.

I, for one, am looking forward immensely to the new season, because I know that it'll deliver exactly what I expect and want.
Old 07-17-08, 10:54 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
As disappointed I was with season 3, I am looking forward to the new season.
Old 07-18-08, 11:12 AM

While I was hoping that they would have gone with the initial plan and end the series after just two seasons, I'm going to stick with this one just to see how everything ends up (and hopefully get some answers about some of the still-unanswered questions).

Still, that was a rather spoiler-heavy trailer... We see both Sucre and T-Bag outside of Sona as well as Mahone giving Michael what seems like fairly valuable information, making it seem like he's going to double-cross The Company.

Couldn't quite make out who the other two characters were (the ones on the sides) during the "walking through the tunnel" scene. The one on the left (looking at them from the front) might be Mahone, but the one on the right looks to be a new one.
Old 07-18-08, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
that actually looks kind of cool. i like how the show is a different concept every year. keeps it fresh, albeit somewhat ridiculous.
Old 07-18-08, 12:31 PM

I'll give Season 4 a chance, but last season was pretty awful.

I remember reading an interview from the show's creator a while back where he said that he originally only had plans for two seasons' worth of material. I wish they had stuck with that plan--it would have made for a better, more cohesive program. But understandably, FOX is looking to get PB to 100 episodes and syndication rights. Can't leave good money on the table.

But I'd be darned if they aren't making hard for fans to stick around with all the suspended belief we have to deal with just to get through the show.
Old 07-18-08, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Looks awesome.
Old 07-18-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea I really like this show T-Bag is such a great character. The ultimate self preservation guy. Gotta love it!!
Old 07-18-08, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Season 2 was SO good that it made 3 all the worse. Still, I'm glad it's coming back and I hoping they bounce right back~
Old 07-19-08, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
I don't think season 3 was awful. There was some good action-oriented episodes. It was poorly executed considering all the possibilities they had with Sona, which was such a joke IMO. I think the writers knew coming into season 3 that a strike was happening and probably lacked the desire to formulate a good all-around season.

Season 4 does sound promising though and the fact that they moved production to LA. But, I wish they would have revealed
Spoiler:
Sarah Wayne Callies return later than an early press release.

Last edited by Jadzia; 07-21-08 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Added spoiler tags
Old 07-19-08, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
T-Bag is one of the best TV characters of all-time. There, I said it. He is a despicable person to be sure, but how can you not root for the guy? For me, the entire cast of this show is really what pulls it together. I really like the characters and the actors portraying them.

Anyway, I have enjoyed all three seasons. Suspended disbelief? Sure, but I don't mind. I just hope they can conclude things with this season before the show completely overstays its welcome and becomes tired. Although, I do like how they are breaking into some place this time.

I wanna know how
Spoiler:
they are gonna bring back Sara Tancredi. That in and of itself will be the biggest moment of suspended disbelief for me, considering we saw her head.
In any case, I am greatly looking forward to this upcoming television season.

Last edited by Jadzia; 07-21-08 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Added spoiler tags
Old 07-19-08, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by xVladx

Couldn't quite make out who the other two characters were (the ones on the sides) during the "walking through the tunnel" scene. The one on the left (looking at them from the front) might be Mahone, but the one on the right looks to be a new one.

On the shot when they are facing us, I think the one on our left is Mahone and the one on our right is Sarah.
Old 07-19-08, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, i thought season 2 was a piece of shit and season 3 was actually a step in the right direction... this looks ok, but I hope they don't slip back to the lower quality of s2.
Old 07-20-08, 10:40 AM

Yeah, I thought the second half of season 2 was pretty bad, but I did like most of season 3, where they at least tried to go back to the show's premise. I can't really hate on this show too much. It's always been pretty ridiculous, but managed to consistently entertain me to some degree. I do think that this should be the last season, though.
Old 07-20-08, 02:02 PM

I decided to watch season 1, I got the last 8 esipodes left to watch then I'll move onto watching season 2. This show is really that good. At times season 2 was horrible but then there is some really good esipodes in it. I love the show, I can't wait for season 4.