Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

I need a "Friends" quote genious

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-08, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a "Friends" quote genious

Ok, i am trying to remember which Friends episode where Chandler and Monica are like in a big bathroom or something and they are talking about their upcoming marriage etc and Monica is saying that things will change since they’re no longer in that “stage” and being all over each other etc and Chandler says that he would never trade where he is now for where they were and something like “I love where we are now.”

Does anyone know what episode that is? I would love ot find that section..

-Thanks
Old 07-15-08, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay - I'm scanning through S7's scripts right now, but I honestly do not remember that scene. And I'm a pretty huge fan...

Last edited by rfduncan; 07-15-08 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-15-08, 08:12 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
not to highjack, but my question doesn't really warrant it's own thread..

can someone please explain this "Friends" joke to me... Ross goes to some wacky new aged dermatologist-guru guy (played by one of the Kids in the Hall guys) for some angry looking thing on his ass...

The guy says "It's a Kundus", and Ross says "What's a Kundus?" and the guy says "What's a kundus with you?" or something... BIG laughs from the audience. I didn't get it then, I don't get it now. Explain this joke please........?
Old 07-15-08, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is this it? This is from S5 - "The One With Rachel's Inadvertent Kiss":

[Cut to the Men's room. Chandler is practicing flashing his badge as Monica enters.]

Monica: Hi Chandler.

Chandler: Monica! This is the Men's room! (Pause) Isn't it?

Monica: Yes it is. You see I've always found the men's bathroom very sexual. Haven't you?

Chandler: No. And if I did, I don't think we'd be going out. Monica, this is getting ridiculous!

Monica: Come on, we can't let them win!

Chandler: Ugh, we have already proved that we are hot! Okay? So why-why are you getting so obsessed about this thing?!

Monica: Because Phoebe and Gary are in that-can't-keep-their-hands-off-each-other-doing-it-in-the-park phase!

Chandler: (gasps) So?

Monica: I feel really sad that we're not…really there anymore.

Chandler: Oh wow! Is that what this all have been about?

Monica: Wasn't it a lot more exciting when we were y'know all over each other all the time?

Chandler: Yeah that was great. That was really great! But to tell you the truth, I'm more excited about where we are right now.

Monica: Really?

Chandler: Yeah! I've never been in a relationship that's lasted this long before. Y'know to get past the beginning and still be around each other all the time, I think that's pretty incredible. And the fact that this is happening all with you, yeah I think that's pretty exciting. (Kisses her.)

Monica: That is so sweet. I know that I was acting a little crazy but umm, I feel the same way.

Chandler: Yeah?

Monica: Yeah. (They hug.)

Chandler: Y'know what I just realized? You just freaked out about our relationship.

Monica: Did not.

Chandler: Yes you did! Admit it! You freaked out!

Monica: Okay, I freaked out a little.

Chandler: Little?! You freaked out big time! Okay? And I fixed it! We have switched places! I am the relationship and king and you are the crazy, irrational screw up! (Does a dance of joy.) (Monica glares at him.) And now we're back.

Last edited by rfduncan; 07-15-08 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-15-08, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
The guy says "It's a Kundus", and Ross says "What's a Kundus?" and the guy says "What's a kundus with you?" or something... BIG laughs from the audience. I didn't get it then, I don't get it now. Explain this joke please........?
Ross: What’s a koondis?

Guru Saj: I don’t know, what’s a koondis with you?
Season 3 "The One with Ross's Thing". I have no idea. It seems to me that while being filmed in front of a live studio audience, the producers liberally "stole" laughter from alternate takes to overlay on the final product. While stuff is funny to an audience the first time, it isn't as laugh out loud funny in subsequent takes. This exchange makes no sense - certainly not enough to merit the audience response it got.
Old 07-15-08, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
not to highjack, but my question doesn't really warrant it's own thread..

can someone please explain this "Friends" joke to me... Ross goes to some wacky new aged dermatologist-guru guy (played by one of the Kids in the Hall guys) for some angry looking thing on his ass...

The old joke is mentioning the word "snew".
Someone usually says, "What's snew?"
First guy finishes with, "Nothing, what's snew with you?"

My take is that the Friends joke is supposed to be funny because it plays off the old joke without really making any sense except to the clueless guru.
Old 07-15-08, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Haha..yeah thast it! Thanks! nice work
Old 07-15-08, 09:15 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Season 3 "The One with Ross's Thing". I have no idea. It seems to me that while being filmed in front of a live studio audience, the producers liberally "stole" laughter from alternate takes to overlay on the final product. While stuff is funny to an audience the first time, it isn't as laugh out loud funny in subsequent takes. This exchange makes no sense - certainly not enough to merit the audience response it got.

THANK YOU. that always bugged me that I never understood that joke... it's not like 'Friends' is obscure highbrow comedy.
Old 07-15-08, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you remember the episode with the mattadear?

Whats a mattadear?

Nothing darling.
Old 07-15-08, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I always thought that the Kevin McDonald appearance and storyline was one of the worst in Friend's history, and I am a big KITH fan.
Old 07-15-08, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by movieking
I always thought that the Kevin McDonald appearance and storyline was one of the worst in Friend's history, and I am a big KITH fan.
I agree with you too and I am also a huge KITH fan. Terrible B story and they've had some awful ones on Friends.
Old 07-15-08, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Terrible B story and they've had some awful ones on Friends.
Identical hand twin!
Old 07-16-08, 12:02 PM

Updog. (Sorry, wrong show!)
Old 07-16-08, 02:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
I see your Kevin McDonald storyline, and I raise with "The One Where Joey Speaks French."
Old 07-16-08, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I love when people misspell "genius."
Old 07-17-08, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He said he needed one, not that he is one!
Old 07-17-08, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking
I see your Kevin McDonald storyline, and I raise with "The One Where Joey Speaks French."
See now that made me laugh out loud a lot simply because Lisa Kudrow is so damn good. In fact even the lamest Joey/Phoebe stories or side scenes are better than most others (even this one including ROSS - ick):

Joey: All right. Let's get the contestants out of their isolation booths. (He removes the waste bucket that's over the duck and the laundry basket that's over the chicken.) And they're off! (He puts his foot in front of the chick, stopping it from moving.)

Phoebe: Get your foot off my contestant! Judge!

Joey: Judge rules, no violation.

Phoebe: Ohhh.

Ross: (entering) Hey guys!

Phoebe: Hey!

Joey: Yeah!

(Neither of them turns around from watching the chick and the duck look for the tasty treat.)

Ross: Y'know what? It sounds so weird to say this but, I just had a great day with Janice!

(They both turn around.)

Joey: What?!

Phoebe: Are you serious?!

Ross: Yeah! I opened up to her about all the terrible stuff that's been happening to me. I mean I talked for hours. (Joey has lost interest and is watching the race again.) It is amazing to have someone give you such-such focused attention.

Phoebe: You don't need Janice for that, you've got us. We…

Joey: And the duck gets the Nutter-Butter!

Phoebe: (turning from Ross.) No!! Hey-hey that's not a Nutter-Butter, that's just an old Wonton!

Joey: Judge rules, Nutter-Butter.

Phoebe: Ohh, tough call.

Joey: Yeah.
Old 07-17-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

See now that made me laugh out loud a lot simply because Lisa Kudrow is so damn good. In fact even the lamest Joey/Phoebe stories or side scenes are better than most others (even this one including ROSS - ick):
I still feel that Joey and Phoebe should have ended up together.
Old 07-17-08, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Palaver
I still feel that Joey and Phoebe should have ended up together.
Never say never (S6 "The One Where Ross Hugs Rachel):

Joey: So, Ross and Rachel got married, Monica and Chandler almost got married, do you think you and I should hook up?

Phoebe: Oh we do, but not just yet.

Joey: Really?! Well, when?

Phoebe: Okay umm, well, first Chandler and Monica will get married and be filthy rich by the way. Yeah. But it won’t work out.

Joey: Wow.

Phoebe: I know. Then, I’m gonna marry Chandler for the money and you’ll marry Rachel and have the beautiful kids.

Joey: Great!

Phoebe: But then we ditch those two and that’s when we get married. We’ll have Chandler’s money and Rachel’s kids and getting custody will be easy because of Rachel’s drinking problem.

Joey: Oh-oh, what about Ross?

Phoebe: I don’t want to go into the whole thing, but umm, we have words and I kill him.
Old 07-17-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Sounds like a good outline for the supposed movie.