Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Need help finding great wireless outdoor speakers

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-08, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been searching for a set of wireless outdoor speakers to which I could somehow connect to my iPod, which is currently docked in a DLO HomeDock Deluxe inside my home, so that I can listen to my music in my backyard? The speakers must be wireless because I can't be digging up any of my yard nor can I punch through any walls in my house to get the speakers to the backyard...

Not sure if its possible, but are there any wireless speakers on the market that can somehow be diasy-chained to each other (perhaps via an antenna or relay-point of some sort) to allow me to listen to my music on my front porch (which is right outside of the room with the DLO HomeDock), and at the same time listen to the same music by my pool (which is about 100-150ft. further into my backyard).

I'd be more than happy to hear any suggestions you may have, but as an extra twist, does anyone know of any such speakers that look like rocks (like those rock speakers we've seen in sharper image catalogs and whatnot)...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
Old 07-14-08, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even wireless speakers use wire. They must be powered by something. So unless you have an outlet near your location you are screwed.

Wireless speakers are shit. Period. You will never get good sound out of them. They can be used as surrounds if your desperate but i would never rely on them for my audio.
Old 07-14-08, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/

I agree, wireless speakers are problematic. I bought some nice speakers from the above link and have been pleased with the quality. They appear to have a variety of things that you are looking for.
Old 07-14-08, 12:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Which ones did you buy? I'm looking at this now and I'm leaning towards the AR AW822, but I'm not dead set on it.
Old 07-14-08, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I bought two pair of the AP 640's but they are wired.

They are very close to the size and shape of Boston Acoustics Voyager speakers