DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Fire Walk With Me

Amberite
07-13-08, 12:41 PM
Just found out that "Fire Walk With Me" is being released on Blu but I can't find any other details. In fact Amazon are saying September 2009. Anyone know any more details.

Josh Z
07-13-08, 01:05 PM
In which country? Haven't heard anything.

In the U.S., the movie was a New Line property, which means Warner now. I doubt it's one of their higher-priority titles.

Gizmo
07-13-08, 01:18 PM
There was news of an import in the UK I think a few months ago.

Rogue588
07-13-08, 02:10 PM
I was so hoping this wasn't a thread title in search of a "?"..

HumanMedia
07-13-08, 10:12 PM
Just found out that "Fire Walk With Me" is being released on Blu but I can't find any other details. In fact Amazon are saying September 2009. Anyone know any more details.

This was mentioned in the Blu-ray announcements thread a few weeks ago.

It was originally due December this year, but was more recently postponed a year to 2009.

Amberite
07-14-08, 03:07 AM
This was mentioned in the Blu-ray announcements thread a few weeks ago.

It was originally due December this year, but was more recently postponed a year to 2009.

That's a shame. I was rather hoping the 2009 on amazon.co.uk was a misprint. It seemed to be a long time in advance to be advertising it.

Thanks anyway for the info.

critterdvd
07-14-08, 02:34 PM
What do we think the chances of Paramount releasing the gold box on blu-ray are?

kefrank
07-14-08, 02:53 PM
What do we think the chances of Paramount releasing the gold box on blu-ray are?
i think there is zero chance in 2008 and hardly any chance in 2009. the market is just not there yet for a 10-disc set of a cult (ie., niche) TV show.

critterdvd
07-14-08, 04:31 PM
i think there is zero chance in 2008 and hardly any chance in 2009. the market is just not there yet for a 10-disc set of a cult (ie., niche) TV show.

Yeah, thats pretty much what I was figuring too. I've been holding out on buying the gold box, but I think I might just make the plunge during the various holidays sales coming up.

Although FWWM would be pretty cool to have on Blu... with or without the infamous deleted footage.

kefrank
07-14-08, 05:13 PM
Yeah, thats pretty much what I was figuring too. I've been holding out on buying the gold box, but I think I might just make the plunge during the various holidays sales coming up.
if you can get a good deal on it, i strongly recommend taking the plunge. it is an absolutely fantastic set and unlike current HD TV shows or feature films, you're still getting better A/V quality than its original or any subsequent broadcast. while i'm sure the show would look great in HD, it's not like you'd be downgrading from a previous viewing by getting the DVDs now and enjoying the brilliance that is Twin Peaks.