Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Smashing Pumpkins provide details of 2008 Tour

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-08, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Smashingpumpkins.com has some details regarding the upcoming touring plans for the band.

As stated previously, the band will be heading out into the United States for the first time in 2008 during August. This tour will be for fun and will consist of unique sets and songs. Expect this tour to visit mostly smaller-sized venues.

Whereas the August dates will be at smaller venues, the November 20th Anniversary shows will be at large venues. We can confirm the band will be playing in New York, Chicago, L.A. as well as additional cities that have yet to be announced. These shows will focus on the band's history, legacy, and accomplishments over their career.

The Gish era tour will be moved to early 2009 to make way for the 20th Anniversary shows this November. Discussions are still taking place regarding which cities will be played.

Billy Corgan had this to say about the current tour line-up for 2008:

"The August tour is going to be a blast... Expect a very loud and raucous show from us...and we are very, very happy to know we will finally be playing our own shows come November in New York, L.A., and Chicago... The 20th Anniversary shows will be magical... We are already working on lots of surprises"

Thanks to everyone that waited patiently for news over the weekend. Dates will start being announced shortly so stay tuned!

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_4732

I hope the seattle area gets a real show, a festival show should not count.

I'm really interested in the intimate shows/20th anniversary shows.
Old 07-15-08, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In for Hammond/Chi and Louisville!
Old 07-15-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I'll skip this round and wait for the 20th anniversary shows. I already went through one round of Zeitgeist and that is enough for me.
Old 07-21-08, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I'll skip this round and wait for the 20th anniversary shows. I already went through one round of Zeitgeist and that is enough for me.
I agree sadly. It's hard for me to say since I always went out of my way to see them multiple times as they were coming up, but I was fairly bored at the single Zeitgeist show I attended. There just didn't seem to be any energy
Old 07-22-08, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981

This isn't a zeitgeist show.
Old 07-22-08, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

for the upcoming anniversary shows, what is the band lineup - like are James and D'Arcy back or anything or is it still just Billy and Jimmy fucking around?
Old 07-22-08, 10:15 AM
Suspended

We want James and D'arcy.

E