Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

BBV Exclusive PVD

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-08, 03:44 PM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
BBV Exclusive PVD

What is so exclusive about those BBV PVDs? Are they a special rated/censored version or something?

more importantly ( to me), has anybody successfully ever sold one of these? I highly doubt FYE would give me cash for them. Even the disc art just is blue with the word Blockbuster on it! ugh. Sometimes these are the only ones I have seen. I was interested in getting the Mist PVD, but it was an 'BBV exclusive." If I don't like the movie, I am concerned I won't be able to sell it.. plus I really hate the disc art of the ones I have seen.

So what is up with these?
Old 07-10-08, 03:53 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
I'm not sure I follow your entire post.

Are you asking about the exclusive versions of some DVDs that Blockbuster Video rents/sells?

If so, they have paid for exclusive versions of 20 or more movies so far. In each case, there is extra content (usually a featurette or some deleted scenes) that are added to the Blockbuster discs. We have a thread devoted to these somewhere, and they are occasionally mentioned in my weekly exclusive threads as well.

I am pretty sure that all of the ones I've seen are on the single disc versions of the DVDs only, take nothing off of the normal release, and add a few minutes of content.
Old 07-10-08, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the additional question he has is if anyone has had a problem selling one back to a store that takes used item (like FYE).

I've never bought a used DVD from Blockbuster so I'm no help in that category. Sorry.
Old 07-10-08, 08:00 PM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
hmm.. well I got one - Jackie Chan's Robin-b-Hood. Didn't notice any new stuff, but maybe not familar with the regular release.

But JorgeC - yeah, I want to know if anyone has successfully sold any of these.
Old 07-10-08, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
There are way more than 20 titles available. second only some of the titles get exclusive features. the exclusive means that only blockbuster can get them through the distributor, other rental stores ahve to get them through other means. if its a 2-disc set then usually they only get disc 1.
Old 07-11-08, 02:23 AM

Blockbuster has an exclusive deal with the Weinstein Co. and is the only store that can rent their films, at least for a certain period of time. This includes Dimension Extreme and Dragon Dynasty titles. Some of the bigger titles have bonus features exclusive only on the Blockbuster version of the disc. Usually they only rent the single disc versions. Most of the cover art for these titles has the "Blockbuster exclusive" logo on the front and the disc itself has the Blockbuster logo on it. I've seen used copies of these at other locations, although very few used copies at Blockbuster. They probably have to destroy them or send them back instead of selling them used as part of their agreement. They used to do that with their other exclusive titles.
Old 07-11-08, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by SLASHFACE
Blockbuster has an exclusive deal with the Weinstein Co. and is the only store that can rent their films, at least for a certain period of time. This includes Dimension Extreme and Dragon Dynasty titles. Some of the bigger titles have bonus features exclusive only on the Blockbuster version of the disc. Usually they only rent the single disc versions. Most of the cover art for these titles has the "Blockbuster exclusive" logo on the front and the disc itself has the Blockbuster logo on it. I've seen used copies of these at other locations, although very few used copies at Blockbuster. They probably have to destroy them or send them back instead of selling them used as part of their agreement. They used to do that with their other exclusive titles.
Seriously? I see a ton of them all the time at mine...
Old 07-11-08, 09:23 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just saw stacks of BBV-branded used copies of I'M NOT THERE and THE MIST ($9.98) at Half Price Books.
Old 07-11-08, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by MrE
I just saw stacks of BBV-branded used copies of I'M NOT THERE and THE MIST ($9.98) at Half Price Books.
More like triple price books. They are $3.99 at the Blockbusters around here.
Old 07-11-08, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by The Monkees
There are way more than 20 titles available. second only some of the titles get exclusive features. the exclusive means that only blockbuster can get them through the distributor, other rental stores ahve to get them through other means. if its a 2-disc set then usually they only get disc 1.
The 20 I was referring to are the ones with exclusive features. But just the Weinstein exclusive rentals, yeah, a lot more.