DVD Talk
goodbye Detective Mike Logan.. hello Detective Jeff Goldblum??? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : goodbye Detective Mike Logan.. hello Detective Jeff Goldblum???

E. Honda
07-10-08, 03:02 AM
Jeff Goldblum joins 'Law & Order: CI'
Chris Noth leaving show

By Nellie Andreeva

June 26, 2008, 03:07 PM ET

Updated: June 26, 2008, 03:32 PM ET
Jeff Goldblum has joined "Law & Order: Criminal Intent," replacing Chris Noth, who is leaving the crime drama after three seasons.

Goldblum, whose salary is said to be in the neighborhood of $250,000 an episode, will split starring duties with co-lead Vincent D'Onofrio the way D'Onofrio did with Noth.

"Jeff's presence will add a new dimension to an already successful show," "Law & Order" chief Dick Wolf said.

This was Noth's second tour of duty on the "Law & Order" franchise as Detective Mike Logan. He originated the role in the first five seasons of the mothership series.

"Chris has been a member of the 'Law & Order' family since the beginning, and Mike Logan is one of the most popular detectives in the history of television," Wolf said. "We all wish him the best."

"Law & Order: CI," which migrated from NBC to USA last year, recently was renewed by the cable network for an 16-episode eighth season. The Wolf Films/NBCU Cable Studio series gets a second window on NBC.

Goldblum is coming off a starring turn on the stage opposite Kevin Spacey in the London production of David Mamet's "Speed-the-Plow."

Goldblum, repped by Gersh and Industry Entertainment, next will be seen on the big screen in "Adam Resurrected."

Quite an interesting character shift on LO:CI. Jeff Goldblum will bring an interesting angle to the show. He's just weird enough to balance DinOfrio. Your thoughts?

Vipper II
07-10-08, 06:42 AM
I kinda like Goldblum, but I'm not convinced he'll work for Criminal Intent. We don't need another "quirky" TV detective.

Goldberg74
07-10-08, 09:39 AM
"I'm getting..... better!"

Now I would pay money for L&O: The Fly.

;)

Charlie Goose
07-10-08, 09:48 AM
I'd watch the Goldblum episodes, and I've never seen L&O:CI

CreamyGoodness
07-10-08, 10:49 AM
I'll probably check this out, but I wish they had made more of these...

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9581/rainesob1.jpg

cdollaz
07-10-08, 11:54 AM
Why is Noth leaving?

nateman
07-10-08, 12:11 PM
Jeff Goldblum is one of my favorites and I think he's pretty underrated, IMO.

I don't know how well the L&O: CI audience will take to him being that he's very "quirky" compared to Noth. I like all the L&O shows, but I realize I'm not in the L&O demographic. It was sad that Raines (an OK show that made it really good because of Goldblum) didn't last longer, but this will probably give him a longer chance at perfecting his "quirky" detective role.

Sean O'Hara
07-10-08, 12:57 PM
I can't wait for the SVU crossover where Goldblum and Belzer have to work together.

dick_grayson
07-10-08, 12:58 PM
Dino Droppings?

leacha
07-10-08, 02:09 PM
....Raines (an OK show that made it really good because of Goldblum)....
That sums up the show for me. I went out of my way to watch it but I guess it was doomed to fail.

Kicker_of_Elves
07-10-08, 02:44 PM
I wonder who Logan's gonna punch this time.

riley_dude
07-10-08, 04:36 PM
Are they naming the detective after the actor?
The heading has a character name of Mike Logan instead of Chris Noth and then it has Jeff Goldblum...

I think Noth is tired of playing the same role.

Rogue588
07-10-08, 04:55 PM
hello two weeks (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=529846) ago..

though, to be fair, it was buried in Law & Order "losing actresses" thread..