Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : DirecTV NFL SuperFan Free!

TheKobra
07-03-08, 05:25 PM
I just received an email stating if I order the NFL ticket they will throw in the SuperFan for free! Offer is good until 7/31/2008. I called last week and advised them to cancel my NFL ticket unless they give me the SuperFan for free. CS rep who I spoke with told me she could do nothing to help me. Few days later received an email asking if I would like to renew. After a 3 minute call to DirecTV I all set for the this season.

JNielsen
07-03-08, 06:46 PM
Any code needed or did you just say you received the email?

Deftones
07-04-08, 12:34 AM
This isn't a special code, this is just a deal they get to keep people signed up for NFL Sunday ticket. You can call and threaten to cancel because you don't want to pay for Superfan and they may give it to you based on how long you have been a customer and the programming package you have. Not a guarantee, though. You may get turned down.

TheKobra
07-04-08, 01:26 AM
This isn't a special code, this is just a deal they get to keep people signed up for NFL Sunday ticket. You can call and threaten to cancel because you don't want to pay for Superfan and they may give it to you based on how long you have been a customer and the programming package you have. Not a guarantee, though. You may get turned down.

Yea I called last month and told them if they do not waive the fee for the NFL SuperFan I could cancel my service. You no what they wanted to know what date I wanted it turned off. I told and them and 5 days later I received this email stating they would waive it. Now I don't think that had anything to do with it but there is no way in hell I would pay 369.00 for the NFL Sunday Ticket (this includes the SuperFan).

JNielsen
07-05-08, 01:56 PM
I've had the NFL package with Superfan for the past 2 years along with the highest level TV package, sounds like it's time to give it a shot. Thanks for the info.

shelland
07-06-08, 01:21 PM
I called to cancel Sunday Ticket, and they offered free SuperFan (plus $5 credit for 3 months).

I still canceled...

JNielsen
07-26-08, 08:55 AM
Called today to give it a shot...they offered free SuperFan and $10 credit for 6 months. Not a bad deal.

BravesMG
07-26-08, 12:40 PM
So did you have to call and threaten to cancel to get the free superfan and credit? I know this deal is supposed to be meant for new customers, but I can't find any documentation anywhere.

JNielsen
07-26-08, 05:32 PM
When I called I just said I that I wanted to cancel the Sunday Ticket package, not the entire service, and they offered the deal right away.