Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : 15 year old's remains found in neighbor's freezer

Sebring98
07-02-08, 08:58 AM
http://gadsdentimes.com/article/20080702/NEWS/284960774/1017/NEWS

Remains believed to be those of 15-year-old Jeffrey Blake Stone were found Tuesday in a freezer at a neighbor’s house in the Littleton community, Etowah County Sheriff Todd Entrekin said.

Two neighbors, ages 19 and 22, are in custody, expected to be charged today with murder.

Sheriff’s Department investigators were led to a shallow grave on a logging road just off Rocky Hollow Road near Gallant about 3 p.m. Tuesday, Entrekin said. Evidence there led to a search warrant at 1176 Littleton Cutoff Road, just down the road from where Stone lived with his father and stepmother, Jeff and Lynn Stone.

That location is about 10 miles from Stone’s home on Littleton Cutoff Road, where Stone was last seen.

The 15-year-old, who was a student at Sardis School, was reported missing after he was last seen on March 24.

Sheriff’s Department investigators received a new lead Tuesday morning that led to the grisly discovery, District Attorney Jimmie Harp said.

“Investigators have worked tirelessly since the missing person’s report was filed and from the public’s point of view it might have seemed slow,” Harp said. “But they have worked diligently and never stopped following leads.”

Harp said late Tuesday that the investigation would continue into the night and charges are expected today.

It is believed that the boy was killed and initially buried at the area on Rocky Hollow Road, Entrekin said. Entrekin said an autopsy will determine how Stone died.

The body was apparently moved within the last week and placed in a chest-type freezer at a neighbor’s house. The body apparently was wrapped in a tarpaulin.

Entrekin said investigators are still trying to determine why the body was moved from the grave to the freezer.

The report of the missing boy led to several searches from law enforcement and others in the community.

“There was real cooperation from the Littleton community and that community is grieving tonight,” Entrekin said.

Experts with the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences were at the house and will have to confirm the identity of the body, Entrekin said.

Groucho
07-02-08, 09:05 AM
It seems like a lot of murder cases are solved due to incompetence in hiding the body. But this really takes the cake. "We've got him buried and nobody's found him. I know...let's take him home and throw him in the freezer!"

Mrs. Danger
07-02-08, 09:14 AM
The explanation ought to be interesting.

The Infidel
07-02-08, 10:08 AM
I think the article itself explains it. Somewhere in their deranged thinking, they knew searches were going on, and they figured the kid would be easily found in a grave, so they moved him to a freezer close by. The freezer would definitely stop decomposition so he wouldn't smell right away. Now, why they decided on a neighbor's freezer instead of one of their own should be interesting to hear.

spainlinx0
07-02-08, 10:13 AM
Perhaps they assumed the person with the body in the freezer would be blamed. A very bad frame job?

rw2516
07-02-08, 10:16 AM
They may have gotten scared the body would be found. "Shallow grave" isn't a very good hiding spot. I'd have tossed a bag or two of cement in the freezer to keep the dead guy company while I dumped it in the deepest lake I could find. Also cut off the fingers and head to avoid identification if found. Incinerate the head and fingers. Then figure out a way to get rid of the guy who helped me before he got the same idea. Maybe go so far as finding a duplicate freezer to put in my yard so people don't ask me what happened to it.

andicus
07-02-08, 10:17 AM
It sounds like someone they know may have found out that the body was in the shallow grave, so they panicked and moved it to the freezer.

Regarding the 'neighbours' freezer, aren't they referring to the murderers as the neighbours? I.e. the neighbours of the victim? I took it to mean that they put the body in one of their own freezers.

My Other Self
07-02-08, 11:05 AM
They may have gotten scared the body would be found. "Shallow grave" isn't a very good hiding spot. I'd have tossed a bag or two of cement in the freezer to keep the dead guy company while I dumped it in the deepest lake I could find. Also cut off the fingers and head to avoid identification if found. Incinerate the head and fingers. Then figure out a way to get rid of the guy who helped me before he got the same idea. Maybe go so far as finding a duplicate freezer to put in my yard so people don't ask me what happened to it.So either you've done this before or someone you know is screwed.

Mordred
07-02-08, 11:14 AM
This is just like that Punky Brewster episode!

Okay, maybe not.

Numanoid
07-02-08, 11:35 AM
Maybe they just realized that they shouldn't let all that meat go to waste.

dieinafire
07-02-08, 11:50 AM
This is just a fucked up story.