Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Things you have done on a dare...

macnorton
06-30-08, 02:25 PM
I was talking with a friend about why I wear shorts all year round...and it was because I was challenged on a dare that I wouldn't stand out in the cold (approx. 11 degrees in the middle of January around 1999 or so) and I did it for 6 hours. It was cold and it sucked. Thankfully after an hour they showed mercy, but I decided to set the "record". Got me to thinking about some of the other crazy things I have done when challenged and what have you done? Here are a few more of mine:

Shots of ranch dressing - I was dared to do it and I did. 5 shots, and did not puke.

Dozen raw eggs - Friend of mine was "bulking" up and was only having one raw egg a day. Called him a coward and he dared me to do a dozen. I did, he lost. I was sick for a few days, but it was worth it.

Jumping through open window into pool - Friend jumped off his deck (3 feet) into a pool and was impressed with himself. Told him it was weak and that I can do better and he can pick. So he picked the bay window about 2 stories up. Open the window, cleared the pool of anything extra and out I went...oh with my clothes on. I hit the shallow end a bit and did hurt my elbow, but nothing some ice couldn't fix.

And for one of my personal favorite and stolen from the Simpsons:

64 Slices of American Cheese - This one started out innocent. I grabbed a Cracker Barrel cheese block from my friend's fridge and smeared some spreadable Wispride on it as a joke. He thought I couldn't eat the block. I dared him, he did. He in turn dared me to eat 64 slices of American cheese, so I took him up on the offer. The rules were simple, 64 slices in 8 hours...so 8 slices an hour and one bathroom break. I finished in 4 and needed the bathroom for the rest of the night.

So any other stupid shit you have done?

aJOHNymous
06-30-08, 02:51 PM
I was dared to play a game of Power Hour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Hour) after fasting for 24 hours.

I made it 53 minutes before giving up in a very disgusting way. A buddy of mine actually made the Century Club (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_%28game%29) that evening. I'm sure it helps when you weigh almost 300 lbs and are nearly 6 1/2 feet tall.

I try to stay away from getting dared to do anything for the most part. I prefer to instigate others into ridiculous dares for my own amusement.

heimerSWT
06-30-08, 02:58 PM
I "drank" a large ladle (prob about 1 cup) of Queso Cheese (Velveeta, Rotel, Jalapenos) for a quick $5. The stomach churning as a lay in bed hours later was not worth the $5.

j123vt_99
06-30-08, 03:00 PM
I went into Book Talk

macnorton
06-30-08, 03:05 PM
I "drank" a large ladle (prob about 1 cup) of Queso Cheese (Velveeta, Rotel, Jalapenos) for a quick $5. The stomach churning as a lay in bed hours later was not worth the $5.

Yeah that nearly happened to me at Moe's however my friend Joe didn't want to give me $10. I used the cheese on my burrito instead.

Kittydreamer
06-30-08, 03:11 PM
Made out with a girl on a dare...now I do it all the time...does that count?

RunBandoRun
06-30-08, 03:12 PM

:jawdrop:

;)

achau9598
06-30-08, 03:15 PM

w -other- nner!

dieinafire
06-30-08, 03:18 PM
One time in 6th grade, in school, someone dared me to throw an egg at a car driving by. I did, and got suspended for it.

gilbertr76
06-30-08, 03:25 PM
I've experienced much stomach gurgling and bouts of the fire shits as the result of eating various spicy items on dares. Habañero peppers are my vice... :sad:

For the most part, however, I've declined dares that are just plain stupid and/or dangerous.

Goat3001
06-30-08, 03:27 PM
I was dared to play a game of Power Hour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Hour) after fasting for 24 hours.

I made it 53 minutes before giving up in a very disgusting way.

Wimp. ;)

My current favorite dare was more of a contest... who could go the longest drinking in power hour fashion. I made it to 1 hour 49 minutes. As soon as I called it a night a friend took one more shot to seal his victory. The loser (me) had to follow up the next week with a liquor power hour. One shot every 5 minutes for one hour of anything the winner chose. Vodka was my enemy back then so I knew that he would hand me a bottle of vodka. But instead he decides to turn it up a notch and broke out the 151. After 30 minutes and 6 shots we realized that the only way the night would end would be in the hospital.. so they told me to stop.

Groucho
06-30-08, 03:28 PM
Drank champagne at 2am! Wore two socks on one foot! WOW!

LurkerDan
06-30-08, 03:35 PM
prove it.

beesonosu
06-30-08, 03:49 PM
Mac,
Your post was so funny dude. You sound just like a buddy of mine - if someone does X, he calls it "weak" and does X times 5-10!! I can picture one of you buddies playing Russian roulette and pulling the trigger once. "How weak" you say, "give me the gun and I'll pull it 6!" Just kidding obviously but you seem to have that competitive spirit my friend has.

Favorite quotes that my friend said - serious as can be.

"I don't believe people when they tell me I'm wrong"
"It's called genetics. And I kick ass in it."

Back on topic, I remember drinking 2 small cups of tartar sauce through a very long straw on a dare at some restaurant/bar in Orlando. It couldn't have been more than 3 ounces and since it was a college group trip of about 20, I made $30 or so off of it. Felt fine afterwards and I'm sure the "grossness" factor had to be more from the straw than me actually ingesting 3 ounces of decent tartar sauce.

DeputyDave
06-30-08, 03:52 PM
I played a game of smiles (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Game+of+Smiles) with five buddies in a PI bar.

I lost :( ( :D )

macnorton
06-30-08, 03:55 PM
Mac,
Your post was so funny dude. You sound just like a buddy of mine - if someone does X, he calls it "weak" and does X times 5-10!! I can picture one of you buddies playing Russian roulette and pulling the trigger once. "How weak" you say, "give me the gun and I'll pull it 6!" Just kidding obviously but you seem to have that competitive spirit my friend has.

Favorite quotes that my friend said - serious as can be.

"I don't believe people when they tell me I'm wrong"
"It's called genetics. And I kick ass in it."

Back on topic, I remember drinking 2 small cups of tartar sauce through a very long straw on a dare at some restaurant/bar in Orlando. It couldn't have been more than 3 ounces and since it was a college group trip of about 20, I made $30 or so off of it. Felt fine afterwards and I'm sure the "grossness" factor had to be more from the straw than me actually ingesting 3 ounces of decent tartar sauce.

My attitude tends to annoy some people. I am always willing to go one step beyond and I have gotten hurt in the process to. It is just par for the course. Sadly though, most of my friends are tame now, and I don't get a lot of time outside of work to find new people, so my crazyness is now in the office.

They best two I did were the paper clamp on my balls...co-worker bet me $100 I wouldn't do it. I did, he lost $100 and has been dying to get it back, 4 years later.

#2 was the PC jump. Basically I stacked the PC's up as high as I could think I could jump them (and the number was about 5 high...which is 4 feet). I slipped on the jump and went crashing through them. Fucked my arm up good, but it was worth it.

Office javelin is cool, but it has to be done at night and with people not afraid to get hurt.

And this one isn't a dare, but my friends and I did have a game of ground beef baseball back in 2000. That was my idea and it was messy and funny. There is video, when I find it, up on YouTube it goes.

maxfisher
06-30-08, 03:56 PM
In high school, my friends and I would do all kinds of things on dares. Someone got a gorilla mask at some point and quite a few dares involved running through places while wearing it. One friend wore it into a Kinko's and mooned the store. I once followed through on a dare to wear it and jump from table to table across an entire restaurant while making monkey noises.

Another time, someone dared someone to steal 100 pumpkins from people's porches just after Halloween. For some reason a group of us helped out with that and the score got dumped on someone's lawn we didn't like.

I could probably come up with at least 50 idiotic things we did off of dares. We were obnoxious little jackasses and it's amazing we were never got our asses kicked or arrested.

macnorton
06-30-08, 03:58 PM
Nice. I remember my high school Sweet and Low challenge. How many packets in an hour...I did 100 and lost. The other guy did 125...he was messed up for days. Fucking great.

The Bus
06-30-08, 05:22 PM
I don't think I've done anything on a dare, but I always egg on people that do stupid shit for money, such as snorting a heaping tablespoon full of grape jelly for $1.

ernestrp
06-30-08, 05:39 PM
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u89/ernestrp/20071224ho_christmasstory_500.jpg

CHESTERTON, Ind. — Two fourth-grade boys mimicking a scene from the movie "A Christmas Story" wound up with their tongues stuck to a frozen flagpole.

Gavin Dempsey and James Alexander were serving on flag duty at Jackson Elementary School Friday morning, with the job of raising and lowering the school's flags. They decided to see if their tongues really would stick to the cold metal.

"I decided to try it because I thought all of the TV shows were lies, but turns out I was wrong," Gavin said.

Karen Alexander, James' mother , said her son told her he got the idea from the movie, which is based on stories about a boy growing up in the northwest Indiana community of Hammond in the 1940s.

"I can't believe he did it, but they learned their lesson," she said.

James said he plans to eat a lot of ice cream to help nurse his wound.

"When you're young, you're just messing around," he said.

Billie Dempsey, Gavin's mom, said a nurse called them to tell them the boys' tongues were bleeding.

"The nurse asked them, 'OK, who double-dog dared who?"' Billie Dempsey said, a reference to a phrase that a character in the movie used to dare another child to stick his tongue to the pole.

Bacon
06-30-08, 05:43 PM
^^bastard!!!^^

actually I'm surprised that wasn't posted earlier ;)

DarthVong
06-30-08, 05:46 PM
Drank champagne at 2am! Wore two socks on one foot! WOW!

Well, you're just one wild and crazy guy!!

CKMorpheus
06-30-08, 06:01 PM

Ditto! Greatest dare I ever took!

Bacon
06-30-08, 06:04 PM
details we want details

tongue? totally nude? who was on top? did you like it? etc.

TomOpus
06-30-08, 06:06 PM
I played a game of smiles (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Game+of+Smiles) with five buddies in a PI bar.

I lost :( ( :D )I can proudly say I never lost at a game of smiles :banana:

Never played either :sad:

macnorton
06-30-08, 06:11 PM
Let's see what else have I done...there was naked basketball.

Then there was jump through the open sun roof...

Followed by ride the deer the furthest...

Then there was straight jacket paint ball....

And who can forget the timeless classic getting chased by a dog with meat strapped to you...

Ah memories...

islandclaws
06-30-08, 06:15 PM

I lost :( ( :D )

How did you fit under the table?

ernestrp
06-30-08, 06:17 PM
I can proudly say I never lost at a game of smiles :banana:

Never played either :sad:

TomOpus VS The Edit King, Double Dog Dare! In a game of smilies...

lordwow
06-30-08, 07:17 PM
I posted in this thread.

Minor Threat
06-30-08, 07:18 PM
Things you have done on a dare

Your mom.....

DeputyDave
06-30-08, 07:40 PM
How did you fit under the table?

I was thinner and more flexible then.

jw2299
07-01-08, 12:39 AM
I'm not much of one to go for dares, but I once had a GF who would do damn near anything on a dare.

Sometimes I miss her.