Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Free Shipping over $75 this week (currently works on boxsets)

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-08, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like there is free shipping on orders over $75 this week. I just tried it with 3 boxsets, and it did not charge shipping. If you were to combine that with a B1G1 offer, you might be able to get a nice order together.
Old 06-30-08, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FINALLY!!! Just stacked this with "802336 - B1g1 Unlimited" and it worked like a charm.
Old 07-01-08, 06:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably a REALLY stupid question, but any chance of this working with Funcash orders?
Old 07-01-08, 05:04 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks, Copper Blue

Your code worked for me and I ended up ordering 4 TV box sets and getting 3 movies free with free shipping. Total $80, savings of $118, according to them.
Old 07-01-08, 06:08 PM

dirty harry box set
penn and teller season 4
family ties season 3
bullitt (2 disc)
waiting (2 disc)
futurama: beast with a billion backs

all for 91 bucks. and it fulfilled my account.
Old 07-01-08, 07:54 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by comanche_doyle
and it fulfilled my account.
Exactly!! Me too. I wanted to order in the last couple of days, but held off because the $5,382 shipping on the box sets was too much of a turn off. I could have just done the free shipping code that works for all orders and spent $40, and canceled, but this really is a better deal. Of course, I spent twice as much, but it's going to help their troubled bottom line, and that's what it's really all about, right? ;-)
Old 07-01-08, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sychosteve
Your code worked for me and I ended up ordering 4 TV box sets and getting 3 movies free with free shipping. Total $80, savings of $118, according to them.
Just curious, why didn't you take a 4th movie for free?
Old 07-02-08, 11:23 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Just curious, why didn't you take a 4th movie for free?
Because my 4th TV DVD box set was American Dreams Season 1, and they've got that coded so you aren't getting anything free with that. Ever. Trust me, I tried every combination you can think of, and it's not happening.

-sc
Old 07-02-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you were to use a offer code such as 805798 (b1g1 + 60% off), then yes you would be able to get a free dvd when purchasing American Dreams. Sets that cost less than $20 rarely ever work with a B1G1 unlimited code.
Old 07-02-08, 12:36 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
If you were to use a offer code such as 805798 (b1g1 + 60% off), then yes you would be able to get a free dvd when purchasing American Dreams. Sets that cost less than $20 rarely ever work with a B1G1 unlimited code.
Hmm...I stand corrected. Thanks for the info!
Old 07-02-08, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
Been out for awhile, when does this expire? I just put in an App and I needs me some boxsets.
Old 07-02-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Offer ends July 6 at 11:59 EST!
Old 07-02-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
The downside to that code is the B1G1 is not unlimited so he could only get the one title free with just 1 set. He would have to buy other 60% off titles to get up to $75 for free shipping.
Old 07-02-08, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yup, I just wanted to make sure he was aware of the variation in the B1G1 offers for future reference.

I think I'm going to take advantage of this to pre-order Dexter Season 2 (and maybe Pushing Daisies), but I'm holding out in hopes that It's Always Sunny In Philadephia Season 3 also becomes available before the 6th.
Old 07-03-08, 03:01 AM
Cool New Member

Backorder

Uh-oh. Entire order, that yesterday was showing "Processing" now says "Backorder". I'm guessing that's code for you're not getting your order as submitted, because there's no possible way all of the selections I ordered could be backordered.

Also, I used PayPal's new plugin that generates cc numbers for one time use, and it went through, and the money for the order has already been taken out of my account. But I think that was done during the authroization phase when the order was first submitted, so I don't think in this case they are able to go back and "re-rate" the order "properly" as they have done to other people when they catch on to these promo combo sale deals. because any other amount is not going to be accepted by the one time use CC number.

Have any of the rest of you gotten "Backorder" for your set orders?

-sc
Old 07-03-08, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I used a one time use VCC which is supposed to work through Paypal to create a new account and have both my actual order pending and some other order, at a higher charge, that has nothing to do with me pending... and my paypal account is down to $0.00 because of it! If Paypal were to try and take money out of my bank, I'd become overdrawn. What's going on?

Can anyone help me?
Old 07-03-08, 07:47 AM

-sc
My two sets orders are fine (one B1G1, one regular). But the Laugh or I'll Shoot Collection keeps showng no longer available on the order. Then I search for it, find it, refresh the order and it shows normally. Weird!
Old 07-03-08, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
...I used PayPal's new plugin that generates cc numbers for one time use, and it went through, and the money for the order has already been taken out of my account. But I think that was done during the authroization phase when the order was first submitted...
Originally Posted by GenPion
I used a one time use VCC which is supposed to work through Paypal to create a new account and have both my actual order pending and some other order, at a higher charge, that has nothing to do with me pending...
I've never successfully used a "one time" virtual CC at CH because of the way they process the charges. They'll "hit" the card with a temporary charge as soon as you place the order. They then cancel this charge and put the real charge through instead of simply converting that charge to the actual payment. Because they "cancel" the original charge and hit the card a 2nd time the "one time use" cards will fail authorization for the 2nd charge. This can cause your funds to be tied up because of the temp charge. I'm not familiar with the PayPal version, but assume it works the same. That is, one time is one time and the temp charge is that one time. I would think your funds will reappear after the temp charge "falls off" due to the 2nd being denied, but you might have to contact PayPal to get this corrected.

The only way I've been able to use a virtual CC with CH is to set one up for a time/dollar limit to be used multiple times at a specific vendor. I then have to put double the amount of the purchase on the card (at a minimum) to make sure the charge goes through without incident.

As I've only had this problem with opening a new account I don't know if they'll cancel your order(s) or simply ask for alternate payment. With opening a new account they simply tell you to apply again with a new CC #.
Old 07-03-08, 09:32 AM

-sc
Not sets but my last order still says "Processing" even though they charged my cc on 6/27.
Old 07-03-08, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Originally Posted by GenPion
...have both my actual order pending and some other order, at a higher charge, that has nothing to do with me pending... and my paypal account is down to $0.00 because of it! ... What's going on?

Can anyone help me?
It might be something like this post from the Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part IV thread:
Originally Posted by RJ MacReady
Watch out guys. It's possible they're cracking down on unauthorized code usage. I placed an order with a B1G1 code for the Dark City BD and Spiderwick Chronicles 2-disc. It went through at $26.69.

Then I noticed a charge of $14.47 on my card from CH, and couldn't figure out what it could be. So I logged in and saw that a new, duplicate order had been added of the same items but at a cost of $39.17. That's what the price would have been with my current offer plus shipping.

I've emailed them this morning and am awaiting a response.
Log on, check your order status, and post the results. I'm sure others would like to know if this might be the case. RJ MacReady has not yet posted an update on his status and the original post was on 6/30.
Old 07-03-08, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Unauthorized code usage? What the heck? This is my first time even joining. Aren't the codes always supposed to work?
Old 07-03-08, 10:09 AM

I placed an order on 7/1 to fulfill my account, and used the B1G1 code... and I too am getting the backorder status now on the complete order... guess I'll see what happens...

07/01/2008 18300001745199 $77.91
Leave It to Beaver: The Complete Second Season Back Ordered
Futurama: Volume 2 Back Ordered
Futurama: Volume 4 Back Ordered
Mrs. Doubtfire Back Ordered
Big Fish Back Ordered
WarGames Back Ordered
Old 07-03-08, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Because my 4th TV DVD box set was American Dreams Season 1, and they've got that coded so you aren't getting anything free with that. Ever. Trust me, I tried every combination you can think of, and it's not happening.

-sc
Shame you don't have a CH.com, American Dreams is $5.39 there (I got this for 4 of my friends).
Old 07-03-08, 10:21 AM

Uh-oh.

-sc
My order for 2 sets, one blu-ray, and 3 DVDs shipped yesterday, for the correct amount.

The order was placed on 6/30, using a B1G1 code, and the free shipping over $75.
Old 07-03-08, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

The Paypal order charges show a 1-800 number. Does anyone know if I called, if it would connect me to customer service?

I can't find a number on their website and their e-mail form seems to say it's on for people in Canada.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.