TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

In Plain Sight---Season 1 series discussion---Sunday's on USA

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
In Plain Sight---Season 1 series discussion---Sunday's on USA

In Plain Sight

Rather than having the "Pilot" thread used over and over for talking about IPS, I thought I would create a generic thread for anyone who feels the urge to talk about the show. I know a show like this doesn't really generate alot of chatter, but it's better than using a thread that's labeled "Pilot."

Anyways, Synopsis for 6/29/08 episode

Who shot Jay Arnstein

Spoiler:

An art dealer under Mary's watch is shot, and the suspects include his mistress and his wife, who supposedly is unaware of the other woman.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-24-08 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-29-08, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am really liking this show. I did a marathon of the four previous episodes last week, and while I don't really like the whole mother/sister storyline (which is basically the same as the weakest storyline in Burn Notice, as someone pointed on in the pilot thread), the rest of the show makes up for it.
Old 06-29-08, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Yeah I like the show too. I'm really liking Mary McCormack. I think she was perfectly casted for this part. She's not only a hot, tough badass chick, but she's got a little quirkiness to her that I really like.
Old 07-08-08, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk God

I realize that not all of you are watching this show, but I think you are missing out. I think this is a really solid new show. I absolutely love Mary McCormack! She has done a great job carrying this show.

The last episode I watched "Who shot Jay Arnstein?" was really well done. I think this show is a very good suppliment to Burn Notice. Mary was quite funny and I love the attitude. I loved the comment by Dershowitz saying that Mary is hot and the surprise on her face.

I am also glad that Lesley Ann Warren and Nichole Hiltz's storylines have essentially been dropped to occasional guest appearances.
Old 07-08-08, 07:37 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great show

i'm watching this on Hulu

mary mccormack and the girl who plays her sister are both smokin hot

only up to episode 2 but i'll probably watch the next two later today or tonight
Old 07-08-08, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've only managed to catch "Never the Bride" and "High Priced Spread". The first was okay, but this week's was not the best. I realize that they are trying to flesh out and humanize her, but the ending with her weeping about her father felt a little forced.

Is Cristian de la Fuente gone now? And what is the story with Mary's boss Stan McQueen (Paul Ben-Victor) dancing the tango with Marshall Mann (Fred Weller)? There was some odd transgender thing going on with comments being thrown around about Stan wearing a dress.
Old 07-12-08, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I guess I'll have to ignore that would be a point spread on a D-II college basketball game, not to mention a 1/2 pt spread.

Last edited by Red Dog; 07-12-08 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-12-08, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
THE BUNK [from The Wire] is going to be in Sundays episode!
Old 07-14-08, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally caught up with the first 6 episodes, and it's a decent show with a large pool of witsec situations to write about. I'm glad they are moving away from the mom/sister time filler subplots (though some of it does integrate itself into the A plot occasionally). I'll keep on watching the show as long as Mary McCormack is the lead, she's fun to watch.

Last edited by Patman; 07-14-08 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-14-08, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I liked how last night's episode with the doctor & family wasn't so much about outside danger as it was about the father not being able to cope with his life being forever changed because his daughter was where she shouldn't have been. And no Mary's mother this time.
Old 07-14-08, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Last night's episode was the best of the series. I have been waiting for them to finally do a witness that was a normal person, not a criminal. Excellent story.

I laughed so hard at the joke in the beginning: Mary is upset that the "stewardess" hit on Marshall and later they reveal it was a guy. And she called him stewardess to retaliate.
Old 07-14-08, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm loving this show...it gives me something on Sunday night to look forward to, since those bastards ruined and canceled the 4400.

I will say though, that Marshall's monotone, matter-of-fact shit is looking like it could wear thin by the end of the season.
Old 07-14-08, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess Mary & Marshall's relationship is already inspiring some (surprisingly well-written) erotic fan fiction:

http://community.livejournal.com/mar...08.html#cutid1

Last edited by Jadzia; 07-14-08 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-14-08, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Last night's episode was the best of the series. I have been waiting for them to finally do a witness that was a normal person, not a criminal. Excellent story.

I agree - definitely the best. The criminal rats are eager to get away. For normal witnesses, it has to be intensely stressful and depressing.
Old 07-22-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Good News In Plain Sight is getting a 2nd season.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-us...,2164240.story

The summer hit "In Plain Sight" will return for a second season, USA announced on Sunday (July 20) afternoon.

The "In Plain Sight" renewal is hardly a surprise given that the series has been cable's top new scripted series of 2008, averaging 5.22 million viewers per episode since it premiered at the beginning of June.

USA has ordered 16 episodes for the second "In Plain Sight" season. Production is expected to begin in October in and around Albuquerque, with Paul Stupin staying on as executive producer.
Old 07-22-08, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really, truly, honestly do not understand all the comments about Mary being "hot". She's ok looking and she's certainly a good actress but she is most definitely not hot. Face is way too buttery and lots of fat in those hips (and this is from a guy who likes the Rubenesque look and hates skinny skanks).

Now the actress playing her sister -- she's hot.
Old 07-22-08, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I gotta say, I was about to give up on the show, but the basketball one and the doctor one really made a significant turnaround for the show. much, much better episodes. I'll keep watching because of them.
Old 07-22-08, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The actual Witness Protection program can't be run like this, can it? There is no way that a field office puts all of its witnesses in the same cities. Wouldn't they spread them around. It seems like half of the people living in Albuquerque are witnesses.

I like the show though.
Old 07-22-08, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Flave
I really, truly, honestly do not understand all the comments about Mary being "hot". She's ok looking and she's certainly a good actress but she is most definitely not hot. Face is way too buttery and lots of fat in those hips (and this is from a guy who likes the Rubenesque look and hates skinny skanks).

Now, I'm the exact opposite. The most important thing I'm attracted to are eyes and Mary has brown eyes

Her sister has blue eyes!

Chris
Old 07-22-08, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
The actual Witness Protection program can't be run like this, can it? There is no way that a field office puts all of its witnesses in the same cities. Wouldn't they spread them around. It seems like half of the people living in Albuquerque are witnesses.

I like the show though.
I'm sure this is about one field officer in one area and the people that are relocated to it. There are probably hundreds of other cities and areas where other people are relocated.

I would think that they would want to relocate people in the bigger cities because it is easier for them to be 'invisible' that way.

Chris
Old 07-22-08, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone almost fall out of their chair with the sister and mom about the lemons, limes, broccoli and cauliflower bit in the past episode?
Old 07-24-08, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Flave

The hips don't bother me at all. Mary McCormack looks fantastic for being 39 and having had 2 kids.

I don't get the whole buttery analogy. I think she's a fine looking woman and to me seems alot more natural and real compared to alot of "fake" blondes we see all the time on TV/Film. I also really dig her character's personality.

In retrospect, I can see now why USA chose to green light this show and cancel The 4400. I like that they are developing some quirky character-driven shows like this and Burn Notice.
Old 07-24-08, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Anyone getting a sense that Mary's sister has a serious crush on Raffy?

Who wants to bet that Raffy cheats before the season finale?
Old 07-24-08, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Good News In Plain Sight is getting a 2nd season.
Pretty nice to hear.

So far I have thought this show has been decent but nothing special. However it seems there could be a good amount of potential with the characters and the setup.
Old 07-24-08, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
I'm sure this is about one field officer in one area and the people that are relocated to it. There are probably hundreds of other cities and areas where other people are relocated.
Is it just me or isn't this explained each week in the show's opening sequence?

"Since 1970, the federal witness protection program has relocated thousands of witnesses, some criminal some not, to neighborhoods all across the county. Every one of those individuals shares a unique attribute distinguishing them from the rest of the general population, and that is, somebody wants them dead."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.