Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

All store exclusives and freebies - 6/29/08 to 7/05/08

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-08, 07:48 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
All store exclusives and freebies - 6/29/08 to 7/05/08

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; We'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals
tons of free movie deals at various retailers, see the above linked thread for full details

Best Buy -
Get Smart's Bruce And Lloyd: Out of Control - bonus DVD, unique slipcover, movie ticket
any South Park season set - figurine for $2.99

Target -
I searched and found nothing new

Circuit City -
Tyler Perry's Meet The Browns - address book
I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Wal Mart / Sam's Club -
Tyler Perry's Meet The Browns - bonus DVD with three featurettes, "Mr. Brown's Fashion Breakdown", "Bakin' It And Shakin' It With Mr. Brown" and "The Music Of 'Meet The Browns'"
I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

K-Mart/Sears - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Barnes and Noble - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Borders - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Costco - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

GameStop / MovieStop - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Toys-R-Us - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

The Disney Store - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Meijers - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Ralph's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Acme / Albertson's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Giant Food / Giant Eagle - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Fred Meyer - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Canadian Exclusives - I have not been in the stores to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Last edited by Trevor; 07-12-08 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-29-08, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Buy:
Get Smart's Bruce And Lloyd: Out of Control - Two Disc Deluxe Edition

Circuit City:
Tyler Perry's Meet The Browns - Free Address book
Old 06-29-08, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by edman180
Best Buy:
Get Smart's Bruce And Lloyd: Out of Control - Two Disc Deluxe Edition
Just to add that the 2nd bonus disc has the 2 two episode of the original Get Smart TV series, a free movie ticket and a steelbook case. Info can be found here.
Later
Old 06-30-08, 12:23 PM

This week, Best Buy is offering a seemingly unique Kenny action figure for $2.99 with purchase of any season of "South Park" on DVD.
Old 07-02-08, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by johnsun
Just to add that the 2nd bonus disc has the 2 two episode of the original Get Smart TV series, a free movie ticket and a steelbook case. Info can be found here.
Later
Has anyone actually seen a steeelbook of this DVD? Because all the copies at the Best Buy store I went to were in regular cases with a cardboard sleeve with the cover shown in that link.
Old 07-02-08, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Liontamer
Has anyone actually seen a steeelbook of this DVD? Because all the copies at the Best Buy store I went to were in regular cases with a cardboard sleeve with the cover shown in that link.
There seems to be a mistake from the reports in the steebook thread.. No one seem to have found a steelbook dispite what the site description says..

Trevor, please edit this entry to remove the mention of a steelbook packaging..
Thanks
Old 07-02-08, 07:44 AM

Updated.
Old 07-03-08, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 exclusives this week? is that true?

and trevor, do you keep track of how many there are per week? that would be kinda nifty
Old 07-03-08, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by hindolio
2 exclusives this week? is that true?
So far. We only know for sure if people visit the stores and post here.

Originally Posted by hindolio
and trevor, do you keep track of how many there are per week? that would be kinda nifty
Never done a weekly tally. Why don't you go back thru the weekly threads and get them for us? If we're talking any freebie/exclusive, I would guess that the average is at least 5-10 a week. In the couple years that I've been collecting them I have over 1000 different exclusives.
Old 07-03-08, 10:43 PM

Wal-Mart has a Bonus Disc with Tyler Perry's Meet The Browns. It includes three featurettes: "Mr. Brown's Fashion Breakdown", "Bakin' It And Shakin' It With Mr. Brown" and "The Music Of 'Meet The Browns'".
Old 07-04-08, 01:06 AM

Hi. Was Bruce and Lloyd Out of Control available with a lenticular slipcover at any retailers? Futureshop had a sticker indiciating it was their exclusive cover.. It changed from a picture with one of the guy's on a table with his feet on fire and then standing side by side..
Later
Old 07-04-08, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
In the couple years that I've been collecting them I have over 1000 different exclusives.
Show us a picture of all your Wal-Mart exclusive Beanie Babies!
Old 07-04-08, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by mnementh
Show us a picture of all your Wal-Mart exclusive Beanie Babies!
I keep them in my toyboat collection.

Originally Posted by johnsun
Hi. Was Bruce and Lloyd Out of Control available with a lenticular slipcover at any retailers? Futureshop had a sticker indiciating it was their exclusive cover.. It changed from a picture with one of the guy's on a table with his feet on fire and then standing side by side..
Later
I saw a lenticular at several retailers.
Old 07-04-08, 08:11 AM

"Superhero Movie" FYE Exclusive

Jumping ahead to 7/8/08, FYE has an exclusive bonus disc for "Superhero Movie". Don't know what is contained on this bonus disc though but I preordered it anyway.
Old 07-04-08, 07:39 PM
bwa

It looks like Best Buy may have an exclusive poster included with the new edition of Heathers that came out this week. A sticker said it contained an exclusive poster, but it didn't specifically say it was a Best Buy exclusive, which is unusual. I guess it could mean that the poster is simply exclusive to the Reunion Edition, but the copies I saw at Target didn't have the sticker.
Old 07-04-08, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ajay C
This week, Best Buy is offering a seemingly unique Kenny action figure for $2.99 with purchase of any season of "South Park" on DVD.
anyone know how much this is alone?
Old 07-05-08, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by orion1998_1
anyone know how much this is alone?
I'm just going to wait for it to drop to a penny.
Old 07-06-08, 07:18 AM

Best Buy Batman Begins Limited Edition Gift Set Exclusive

Batman Begins Gift Set
$27.99
Note: The limited-edition gift set includes the two-disc special edition DVD version of Batman Begins plus an all-new disc with an exclusive two-minute sneak peek of The Dark Knight, Hollywood Movie Money to see The Dark Knight in theaters (a $7.50 value), a 128MB flash drive including 18 images from The Dark Knight, a Batman Begins lenticular, and five collectible Batman Begins post cards. (Movie Money ticket offer expires 8/18/08. Valid in participating theaters only. Restrictions apply.)

AVAILABLE TUESDAY.
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE JOKER LITHOGRAPH. *(excludes Blu-ray Gift Set)
FREE MOVIE MONEY FOR THE DARK KNIGHT WHEN YOU BUY ANY BATMAN BEGINS GIFT SET.

There will also be a steelbook casing, a free character guide and a concession money certificate for the "Batman: Gotham Knight" 2 disc edition.

Last edited by taco5; 07-06-08 at 07:29 AM.