Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Primal Scream "Beautiful Future" 7/21/08 UK

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 06-26-08, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Beautiful Future
2. Can't Go Back
3. Uptown
4. The Glory Of Love
5. Suicide Bomb
6. Zombie Man
7. Beautiful Summer
8. I Love To Hurt (You Love To Be Hurt)
9. Over & Over
10. Necro Kex Blues
11. The Glory Of Love [Single Version]

"If you hear this new record of ours from start to finish, and you hear all the different sounds and styles and moods, atmospheres and instrumentation that we use, it's different from the last record and different from the record before that. You know, there's not one set Primal Scream song where it's verse-bridge-chorus-middle-eight. But this album is more like a pop record, more like classic songwriting." - Bobby Gillespie

"PRIMAL SCREAM ARE BACK WITH THEIR 9TH STUDIO ALBUM - THEIR FIRST FOR B-UNIQUE RECORDS. THE RECORD, TITLED ’BEAUTIFUL FUTURE’, IS OUT JULY 21ST, AND FEATURES TRACKS PRODUCED BY, AMONGST OTHERS, BJORN YTTLING (PETER, BJORN AND JOHN] AND PAUL EPWORTH [BLOC PARTY].
THE ALBUM INCLUDES THE STORMING NEW SINGLE ‘CAN’T GO BACK’ – OUT JULY 14TH.

FEATURING GUEST COLLABORATIONS FROM LOVEFOXX OF CSS, JOSH HOMME OF QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE AND FOLK LEGEND LINDA THOMPSON, THE ALBUM IS AS DIVERSE AND BRILLIANT AS WE HAVE COME TO EXPECT FROM AN LP FROM THE LEGENDARY GROUP."

The first single "Can't Go Back" is great, probably my favorite Scream song since "Swastika Eyes". It sounds like a poppier XTRMNTR. If you go to primalscream.net, you can download a free mp3 of their cover of Hawkwind's "Urban Guerrilla", which won't be on the album. These 2 songs bode well for the album, especially after (in my opinion) the lackluster "Riot City Blues"
Old 06-26-08, 11:12 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by fallfan
It sounds like a poppier XTRMNTR.
*salivates*

always good to know that Bobby's still alive

plus anyone with the balls to cover Hawkwind deserves praise

i have pretty much stopped buying music altogether but i will be picking this import up. thx for info.
Old 06-26-08, 11:39 AM

I downloaded 'Urban Guerrilla' last night and I've gotta say I wasn't terribly impressed.

That said, I'm not really a proper Primal Scream fan. Always hated em until "Xtrmntr" came out of nowhere and blew my mind - seeing em live on that tour attempted to change my opinion of them, but I've always felt they've never really come across well on record. "Evil Heat" had it's moments ['Deep Hit Of Morning Sun' and especially 'Miss Lucifer' come to mind], but the rest was pretty blah and don't even get me started on "Riot City Blues". I'm still curious to see how this one turns out - it sounds like it could be promising - but the download doesn't bode well...for me, at least.

edit : Just watched the 'Can't Go Back' video on youtube - it's a bit better than 'Urban Guerrilla', but I don't know if I'd go as far as calling it a "poppier XTRMNTR". It is pretty darn catchy, though. [Apparently 'Urban Guerrilla' is going to be the b-side to the 7" of the single, and the CD is going to have a song called 'Jesus Is My Air O Plane'. Yikes.]

Last edited by brokenhanger; 06-26-08 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-26-08, 12:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
oh that's too bad about the "sound" for the new album - I liked the song 'County Girl'
Old 06-26-08, 12:58 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
"Country Girl" was OK, but most of the album was pretty lame. I hope this new one is an improvement.
Old 06-26-08, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
I just got into this band not to long ago, so I will get this for sure.