DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Here I go again...

Mrs. Danger
06-25-08, 06:22 PM
At least this time, the urge to make beasties is hitting me in the summer, when I can do the plaster outdoors without freezing my fingers off.

http://www.unseengallery.com/assets/wedding/beasties.jpg

More pictures as the shapes develop.

BDB
06-25-08, 06:25 PM
The beast with the 2 backs/.

Superman07
06-25-08, 06:30 PM
That's very neat! Do you sell these?

Mrs. Danger
06-25-08, 06:31 PM
Yes, I do. I guess you missed my last spasm of paper mache making. I'll see if I can dig up some photos of past beasties.

big whoppa
06-25-08, 06:35 PM
Very cute. You have a talent for shapes.

atlantamoi
06-25-08, 06:37 PM
I wanna see the dino when you are done!

Mrs. Danger
06-25-08, 06:48 PM
The dino looking one is going to be a wyvern, I think.. I plan to add wings at the "shoulders". Unless I change my mind, of course.

Here are some past beasties.

This is Nobby

http://www.unseengallery.com/assets/wedding/nobby.jpg

This is Lance

http://www.unseengallery.com/assets/wedding/lance.jpg

and this is the Bitty Blue Beastie

http://www.unseengallery.com/assets/wedding/bitty.jpg

cdollaz
06-25-08, 06:57 PM
http://hardrockhideout.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/david_coverdale4.jpg

chino77
06-25-08, 07:01 PM
im sorry but why would anyone buy these?

TomOpus
06-25-08, 07:03 PM
This is Nobby

http://www.unseengallery.com/assets/wedding/nobby.jpgI'm the proud adoptive parent of Nobby. He's still doing fine (keeps watch over my anime DVDs) so maybe I'll get him a playmate soon.

TomOpus
06-25-08, 07:05 PM
im sorry but why would anyone buy these?Because they were for sale! Durr..... -ohbfrank-

Bronkster
06-25-08, 07:05 PM
Because some people like creative, one-of-a-kind, hand-made things?

Mrs. Danger
06-25-08, 07:08 PM
http://hardrockhideout.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/david_coverdale4.jpg

I don't get this...

Pressplay
06-25-08, 07:10 PM
I don't get this...

You have to sing it...

"here I goooo agaaaaain"

The Infidel
06-25-08, 07:12 PM
That's Coverdale?!? Holy crap, that looks like Steven Tyler and Don Imus had a kid!

big whoppa
06-25-08, 08:05 PM
The only one I know who sings that line is White Snake. You know the video with Tawny Kitaen.

edit: I guess the lead singer is Coverdale.

The Infidel
06-25-08, 08:09 PM
Moran. ;)

Mrs. Danger
06-26-08, 04:55 PM
http://www.unseengallery.com/assets/wedding/wyv1.jpg

RandyC
06-26-08, 05:05 PM
Pretty cool!

Bronkster
06-26-08, 05:06 PM
Will it have a belly button? I like belly buttons.

SexualPudding
06-26-08, 05:06 PM
Sweet lawn, yo.

The Edit King
06-26-08, 05:11 PM
SWEET LAWN, YO???

Good GAWD! :lol:

(Cute stuff, BTW. :up: )

Mrs. Danger
06-26-08, 05:25 PM
I don't think reptiles have belly buttons.... but maybe the imp should have one...

big whoppa
06-26-08, 05:33 PM
How much do these things fetch?

mhg83
06-26-08, 05:34 PM
Those are pretty cool. How can i go about buying one?

Mrs. Danger
06-26-08, 06:06 PM
I get between $55 and $150 for them, depending on how much stuff I glue on them.

PM me if you want one. I don't usually have many on hand, since they sell pretty fast.

Bitty Beastie still needs a home, and so does Ding Chow...

http://www.unseengallery.com/assets/wedding/dingchow2.jpg

chino77
06-26-08, 06:26 PM

i can see why they still need a home.
not knocking you. they do look as good as they could but my god people really do buy crap on ebay.

Mrs. Danger
06-26-08, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't sell one of these on eBay.

beesonosu
06-26-08, 07:48 PM
I think they look really well-crafted!

PS: Thanks for posting chino - I had forgot to put you on ignore!

The Edit King
06-26-08, 08:08 PM
For it has been said:

'Art, not unlike Beauty, is in the Eye of the Beholder.'

-The Edit King Master http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x148/paul3rd_bucket/th_costumed-smiley-067.gif

I for one thank my Lucky Stars there's something for everybody to appreciate in the world.

Keep up the good work Mrs. D! :up:

das Monkey
06-26-08, 08:11 PM
Just my opinion, <b>Mrs. Nick</b>, but I think they actually look better <i>before</i> you detail them. Do you ever sell them without paint jobs? The one with marble eyes in the above pic looks great as is.

das

Minor Threat
06-26-08, 08:14 PM
chino77 posted....?

Spicollidriver1
06-26-08, 08:20 PM
Ever make one that looks like a rubber duckie

big whoppa
06-26-08, 08:25 PM
I'm kind of surprised Mrs. Danger doesn't do phallic symbols.

TomOpus
06-26-08, 08:35 PM
I should add she also packs them well.

The Edit King
06-26-08, 08:36 PM
With candy?

Minor Threat
06-26-08, 08:37 PM
I should add she also packs them well.

do tell.....

Preacher
06-26-08, 08:52 PM
Just my opinion, <b>Mrs. Nick</b>, but I think they actually look better <i>before</i> you detail them. Do you ever sell them without paint jobs? The one with marble eyes in the above pic looks great as is.

das
There is an appeal to getting one not painted. Do you ever sell them in their original form? I like the look of the newspaper.

shoppingbear
06-27-08, 08:22 AM
Because they're art? Sculpture comes in many forms, duhhhh.

Why do I get the feeling that the only "art" you have in your home is action figures and movie posters? ;)

shoppingbear
06-27-08, 08:25 AM
I get between $55 and $150 for them, depending on how much stuff I glue on them.

PM me if you want one. I don't usually have many on hand, since they sell pretty fast.

http://www.unseengallery.com/assets/wedding/dingchow2.jpg

I still wish I could buy Ding Chow, he's awesome, I'm just saving my pennies until I get another job. When I get my car accident settlement (which looks like it should be this year), I want to get me a Mrs. D original sculpture. :)

orangecrush
06-27-08, 08:39 AM
Do you take requests? Can you make an Albi the racist dragon (with optional badly burned Albanian boy)?

Mrs. Danger
06-27-08, 04:21 PM
There is an appeal to getting one not painted. Do you ever sell them in their original form? I like the look of the newspaper.

rm.... ask that again after I get the shapes completed.

Mrs. Danger
06-27-08, 04:22 PM
Do you take requests? Can you make an Albi the racist dragon (with optional badly burned Albanian boy)?

I wish I could take requests, but these are all free-form, sort of spontaneous. If one starts looking like a racist dragon, maybe.

But it costs extra.

The Edit King
06-27-08, 04:35 PM
I should add she also packs them well.With candy?...as in:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x148/paul3rd_bucket/pinatas.jpg?t=1214602453

If ya don't like them, you can beat 'em with a stick!

OH, MAN! :lol:

That Edit King is a LAUGH RIOT!!! rotfl

chino77
06-27-08, 07:35 PM
Because they're art? Sculpture comes in many forms, duhhhh.

Why do I get the feeling that the only "art" you have in your home is action figures and movie posters? ;)

sculpture? art? what meaning do they have? does kitty have a dinosaur? or is it a reference to how old she is? they are crafts not art.

sorry i prefer surreal, modern and real art. i dont really watch movies and action figures are almost as tacky as these. like i said...they look ok for what they are. i just dont get why people would want them in their home. they are ugly as hell and tacky. i guess my home must be incomplete without a tooth pic wiskered cat made out of paper mache. sorry im not into the fine arts like you.

chino77
06-27-08, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't sell one of these on eBay.

why not? there is a buy it now feature. i think you are missing your niche. old housewives with a heavy bidding finger who dont have enough crap filling their shelves.

chino77
06-27-08, 07:39 PM
chino77 posted....?

yeah why wouldnt i?

chino77
06-27-08, 07:42 PM
I think they look really well-crafted!

PS: Thanks for posting chino - I had forgot to put you on ignore!

oh no!!! criticize a well known member and get ignored. criticize a nobody and get praise. i understand the formula here now.

im sorry these would look great next to my bertoia diamond chair.

Rockmjd23
06-27-08, 07:55 PM
:lol:

The Edit King
06-27-08, 08:01 PM
OH, MAN!!! :lol:

Hey, chino! :up:

I hear & believe I understand what your saying (and I can speak from some experience) because my Father was a Master Artist who got a lot of his cues from the old school of what I (for one) believe is truly great art. I'm not saying I'm stuck in the classics but prefer them however at the same time can appreciate many new and modern artists and their art work.

We all have different tastes. Throughout my artistic journey, I've come to understand that pretty near anything that's an expression of someone's creativity can be considered art. That expression may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is no less art.

chino77
06-27-08, 08:14 PM
OH, MAN!!! :lol:

Hey, chino! :up:

I hear & believe I understand what your saying (and I can speak from some experience) because my Father was a Master Artist who got a lot of his cues from the old school of what I (for one) believe is truly great art. I'm not saying I'm stuck in the classics but prefer them however at the same time can appreciate many new and modern artists and their art work.

We all have different tastes. Throughout my artistic journey, I've come to understand that pretty near anything that's an expression of someone's creativity can be considered art. That expression may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is no less art.

thanks for the thumbs up...assuming it isnt sarcastic. i love art and can recognize it. yes mrs dangers work is art but it is more on the craft side. or maybe it falls into the outsider art category...im not schooled in that area. really though i say crafts.... my 77 yr old grandparents make stuff like this and its well known it is crafting. she was an artist too an amazing painter. my moms house is full of crafts from her. they used to make a bunch of money doing this stuff. they are older now and only make them for the family though. they have never once that i know of called themselves artist for what they were making. they were into crafting.

oh and rock glad i gave you a laugh. if you were really born in 1980 and have a pair of testicles and like this stuff than you should be ashamed.

Nick Danger
06-27-08, 08:18 PM
oh no!!! criticize a well known member and get ignored. criticize a nobody and get praise. i understand the formula here now.

im sorry these would look great next to my bertoia diamond chair.

" . . . get praise"?

The Edit King
06-27-08, 08:23 PM
Don't tell anyone, but I've ALWAYS enjoyed your wit and honesty, chino-man!

(I don't know if you remember or not but we've had some GREAT blabs & Laughs over the past couple years. :up: )

I also understand EXACTLY what yer talking about concerning the craft thing. But any way ya cut it, Creativity is Creativity. From those paintings in alleys (Better known as Grafitti) to painted paper-maché cats, to the stuff your grand folks make, inspiration that leads to creativity is art.

-Pablo Tres

chino77
06-27-08, 08:24 PM
" . . . get praise"?
yeah since im the only one not praising you. im attacked for my opinion. yet god forbid you arent in the otter clique and start a topic on something that isnt as great as you think it is. everyone here jumps on it and nobody or very few defends them.

edit...oh crap i didnt realise the husband sent this message. she sent out the big guns.

Rockmjd23
06-27-08, 08:25 PM
oh and rock glad i gave you a laugh. if you were really born in 1980 and have a pair of testicles and like this stuff than you should be ashamed.
No, I don't like them actually. :)

chino77
06-27-08, 08:32 PM
Don't tell anyone, but I've ALWAYS enjoyed your wit and honesty, chino-man!

(I don't know if you remember or not but we've had some GREAT blabs & Laughs over the past couple years. :up: )

I also understand EXACTLY what yer talking about concerning the craft thing. But any way ya cut it, Creativity is Creativity. From those paintings in alleys (Better known as Grafitti) to painted paper-maché cats, to the stuff your grand folks make, inspiration that leads to creativity is art.

thanks you are ok in my book too. and yes we have some fun. (though i still hate your excesive use of smileys)...i think we need to get a room! for THEEKS sake! i come here and im not afraid to speak my mind. i agree she is creative and for what its worth they are nice. she puts hard work into them and they turn out nice. i just dont see why anyone would want one. many people say the same about dali and matisse. art is all about critisism. not everyone likes what you do.

chino77
06-27-08, 08:33 PM
No, I don't like them actually. :)

oh i thought you were laughing at me. or were you? im confused still.

Bandoman
06-27-08, 08:33 PM
I like Mrs. D's creatures. I will probably buy one at some point. Maybe I'll comission one. A Mrs. Danger Specially Made Eagle for Bando! That would be awesome.

Rockmjd23
06-27-08, 08:34 PM
oh i thought you were laughing at me. or were you? im confused still.
No just laughing at the direction the thread took. Not anyone in particular. :)

chino77
06-27-08, 08:36 PM
I like Mrs. D's creatures. I will probably buiy one at some point. Maybe I'll comission one. A Mrs. Danger Specially Made Eagle for Bando! That would be awesome.

im gonna PM her about a plaster caster. oh wait wrong medium...oh well im sure she can adapt.

The Edit King
06-27-08, 08:36 PM
thanks you are ok in my book too. and yes we have some fun. (though i still hate your excesive use of smileys)...i think we need to get a room! for THEEKS sake! i come here and im not afraid to speak my mind. i agree she is creative and for what its worth they are nice. she puts hard work into them and they turn out nice. i just dont see why anyone would want one. many people say the same about dali and matisse. art is all about critisism. not everyone likes what you do.:lol:

Ain't that the truth!

BTW: If you notice, I've cut way down on the smilies in my post concerning you. When things get serious, the smileys HIT THE HIGHWAY!

(Now if I could do something about all the CAPS...)

Okay I'm done & have a nice life.

Until we blab again,

-I'm Pablo

chino77
06-27-08, 08:43 PM

Ain't that the truth!

BTW: If you notice, I've cut way down on the smilies in my post concerning you. When things get serious, the smileys HIT THE HIGHWAY!

Until we blab again,

-I'm Pablo

at least you get me....or do you complete me?!?!?
later pablo.

The Edit King
06-27-08, 08:46 PM
:lol: & :eek:

-THEEKSAKE, INDEED! :eek:

Minor Threat
06-27-08, 09:03 PM

Ain't that the truth!

Until we blab again,

-I'm Pablo

Pablo - I'm disappointed - you express yourself artistically through your use of smilies, just because any random douchebag doesn't like your form of expression is no reason to stop doing what you do or being who you are. I'm an old fart who still skateboards and if everytime I went to a skate park and got retarded looks from the local young'ins that made me decide not to shred that piece of fucking concrete, I'd compromise myself and who I am. I don't and the little fuckers are usually asking me how I pull of my old-school tricks - because they have no clue after a few sessionis. Express yourself however you need to and tell the amatuer/critical nay-sayers to suck a dick and fuck off.....

Bandoman
06-27-08, 09:03 PM
Ok, Chino, we get it - you don't like Mrs. D's creatures. Others do. :shrug:

Bandoman
06-27-08, 09:04 PM
Minor Threat is the MAN! Shred those boards!

chino77
06-27-08, 09:10 PM
Pablo - I'm disappointed - you express yourself artistically through your use of smilies, just because any random douchebag doesn't like your form of expression is no reason to stop doing what you do or being who you are. I'm an old fart who still skateboards and if everytime I went to a skate park and got retarded looks from the local young'ins that made me decide not to shred that piece of fucking concrete, I'd compromise myself and who I am. I don't and the little fuckers are usually asking me how I pull of my old-school tricks - because they have no clue after a few sessionis. Express yourself however you need to and tell the amatuer/critical nay-sayers to suck a dick and fuck off.....

you called me a douchebag...where is your mod warning?

chino77
06-27-08, 09:13 PM
Ok, Chino, we get it - you don't like Mrs. D's creatures. Others do. :shrug:

i said it once. other people quoted me and said shit. so i responded. (were you crying out for the guy who posted his bad movie trailers?) you act like i just keep coming into this thread just to say it. i have to defend my honor!

Minor Threat
06-27-08, 09:16 PM
you called me a douchebag...where is your mod warning?

Exactly where did I call you a d-bag? Why do you think I was reffering to you....?

Nick Danger
06-27-08, 09:16 PM
yeah since im the only one not praising you. im attacked for my opinion. yet god forbid you arent in the otter clique and start a topic on something that isnt as great as you think it is. everyone here jumps on it and nobody or very few defends them.

edit...oh crap i didnt realise the husband sent this message. she sent out the big guns.

Have I attacked you? Has Mrs Danger? Why the hostility?

Bandoman
06-27-08, 09:18 PM
Insecure people tend to react in that way.

Minor Threat
06-27-08, 09:18 PM

Yeah, what's up with this d-ude....?

chino77
06-27-08, 09:53 PM

it was a joke.

chino77
06-27-08, 09:58 PM
Exactly where did I call you a d-bag? Why do you think I was reffering to you....?

ok so who were you referring to? do alot of people give him shit about his smilies? wasnt i the one he was talking about giving him shit about them? you called me a random douche bag. it was directed at me and you know it. really i dont care. im all for a free for all but people here love to get bitchy about name calling so i figured i would join in on the fun.

X
06-27-08, 10:01 PM
I think advertising for one's own gain and personal attacks are enough reason to close up this thread. More of the same will result in administrative action.