Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Kill Bill Vol 1 Is Comming To Blueray With Cuts ???

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-08, 03:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI THERE U KILL BILL FANS im guessing this going to be the region 1 blue ray dvd that has the cuts etc right ? why do the companys do this ? it must be comming out on blue ray in japan right uncut which is the best version etc.

i can understand diffrent country's have diffrent censor's to cut films etc.why do they do this for exsample con air blue ray on blue ray not the uncut rated version like the noramall dvd also natruall born killers not the directors cut whish is bad i say as this was a dam good film.i think we will see alot more comming maybe like this not comming out i think they just holding back to get our cash

p.s if anybody see the uncut version any where on the net post a link.i think the japan blue ray might come out if its comming out on region 1 blue ray.but its hard to tell

P.S I SEEN THE BLUE RAY advert for this at www.movietyme.com
also if u wana compare the normall cuts on dvd goto www.dvdcompare.net
i want my version uncut not some man who says what we can and what we cant see as he does not agree etc down with the censors

Last edited by dvdmanuk; 06-24-08 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-24-08, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdmanuk
why do they do this for exsample con air blue ray on blue ray not the uncut rated version like the noramall dvd also natruall born killers not the directors cut whish is bad i say as this was a dam good film.i think we will see alot more comming maybe like this not comming out i think they just holding back to get our cash
Huh?
Old 06-24-08, 04:06 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
how about we condense the run-on sentence to one:

"damn you Disney - you owe us the Japanese cut of Kill Bill Vol. 1"

there that's easy.
Old 06-24-08, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This thred looks familar...o wait its the same as dis:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=533032
Old 06-24-08, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
Spell check and correct punctuation don't have to be your enemies. They can be your friends!
Old 06-24-08, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

damn the man comming all over my blurays
Old 06-24-08, 06:05 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I approve of this message.
Old 06-24-08, 06:10 PM

I loved that. We should have an entire thread dedicated to drunk posting.

(I wonder what he went back and edited?)
Old 06-24-08, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by David Levine
I loved that. We should have an entire thread dedicated to drunk posting.
It's not drunk posting; it the way kids write online, i.e., lots of misspelling, run-on sentences, no capitalization/punctuation, and the liberal use of "street" lingo.

I skip over such posts once I perceive they were composed in said fashion.
Old 06-24-08, 06:29 PM

Perhaps we could loan him some punctuation.
Old 06-24-08, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,506 Posts
Originally Posted by Cardiac161
This thred looks familar...o wait its the same as dis:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=533032
Ah yes, I thought that delicate, haunting prose seemed familiar.
Old 06-24-08, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
It's not drunk posting; it the way kids write online, i.e., lots of misspelling, run-on sentences, no capitalization/punctuation, and the liberal use of "street" lingo.

I skip over such posts once I perceive they were composed in said fashion.
Yup. Same here. The song made famous by this character always comes to mind...

Old 06-24-08, 07:09 PM

HI THERE U KILL BILL FANS im guessing this going to be the region 1 blue ray dvd that has the cuts etc right ? why do the companys do this ?
i want my version uncut not some man who says what we can and what we cant see as he does not agree etc down with the censors

The wonderful grammar & spelling in this post makes me want to come down on our educational system..but the SN is UK?
Old 06-24-08, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well let's not make the whole thread about grammar, it's really not relevant. You all seemed to get the point of what he was asking, didn't you?

You're not getting a 'cut' version of Kill Bill. Kill Bill will come to Blu-Ray disc as it was shown in theaters in America. If you're really dying that badly for the Japanese version, get it imported when it comes out over there. The companies aren't screwing us, we're getting it as already was.
Old 06-24-08, 08:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mzupeman2
Kill Bill will come to Blu-Ray disc as it was shown in theaters in America. If you're really dying that badly for the Japanese version, get it imported when it comes out over there. The companies aren't screwing us, we're getting it as already was.

Thats a very myopic view of the world and yes the USA is getting the cut version.
Old 06-24-08, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
Well let's not make the whole thread about grammar, it's really not relevant. You all seemed to get the point of what he was asking, didn't you?

You're not getting a 'cut' version of Kill Bill. Kill Bill will come to Blu-Ray disc as it was shown in theaters in America. If you're really dying that badly for the Japanese version, get it imported when it comes out over there. The companies aren't screwing us, we're getting it as already was.
Old 06-24-08, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It IS too bad, however, that Disney ignored the extended versions of Crimson Tide, Con Air, Enemy of the State and Gone in 60 Seconds when they arrived on Blu.
Old 06-24-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by HumanMedia
Thats a very myopic view of the world and yes the USA is getting the cut version.
Although I rather would have seen the film with full color bloodshed and the additional scenes of violence that were in the japanese cut of the film, I hardly see how 'myopic' describes how I feel about what we've recieved on DVD and what's eventually going to be on Blu-Ray. 'Myopic' might be a better word to use when we recieve other things from Disney that either have changes to actual animations itself, or complete color temp changes throughout an animated feature. Things like this being changed after we've seen something in theaters, I find unacceptable. But I'm getting this on Blu-Ray as I've seen it...

I live in America, and as much as it sucks that we can't see nudity or sex on normal television like you might be able to in Japan, their culture is much more open to that kind of stuff. The reason why the changes were made for the release in the United States was to avoid an NC-17 rating.

"HI THERE U KILL BILL FANS im guessing this going to be the region 1 blue ray dvd that has the cuts etc right ? why do the companys do this ? it must be comming out on blue ray in japan right uncut which is the best version etc."

The violence and blood looked incredibly fake in the film so I have no idea why a film like Kill Bill was facing an NC-17 when seriously messed up horror flicks can get rated R ratings all the time... I'll agree with you. I wish America was a lot more open to stuff but unfortunately, it's not. I saw the film this way in theaters as did everyone else in America who went to go see it. I myself, personally, enjoyed what I saw very much before I found out after the fact Japan had the better cut. And that's the same experience I'm getting on DVD. I can definitely, DEFINITELY understand how some are bothered by this, and if I can ever get the other cut I will... but it doesn't really bother me that much.
Old 06-24-08, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cultshock
Ah yes, I thought that delicate, haunting prose seemed familiar.

Thank you for the laugh.
Old 06-25-08, 07:39 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm surprised that this thread is still open.
Old 06-25-08, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

HI THERE U KILL BILL FANS im guessing this going to be the region 1 blue ray dvd that has the cuts etc right ? why do the companys do this ? it must be comming out on blue ray in japan right uncut which is the best version etc.
Hello,

Welcome all ye faithful to my post about my aggrevation with Disney on their lack of inclussion of the director's cut of the mega-violent Kill Bill, Vol. I.

My question goes out to the masses here on DVDtalk; Why do companies (namely Disney) seem perfectly happy to release a severely butchered copy of their movies - while other countries (namely Japan) recieve the full glory of unrated material?

i can understand diffrent country's have diffrent censor's to cut films etc.why do they do this for exsample con air blue ray on blue ray not the uncut rated version like the noramall dvd also natruall born killers not the directors cut whish is bad i say as this was a dam good film.i think we will see alot more comming maybe like this not comming out i think they just holding back to get our cash
My comprehension on censorship in other regions is adaquate enough - to say I dont need refreshed. However, films like Con Air, Natural Born Killers and other enjoyable US films brought over to the UK are reduced to a mere theatrical cut on Blu-ray, while on standard DVD we see the full uncut versions of the very same titles.

I smell corporate greediness; soon enough I'm sure the director's cut will be avaiable once the numbers show that Blu-ray is a viable replacement for standard DVD in the near future.

p.s if anybody see the uncut version any where on the net post a link.i think the japan blue ray might come out if its comming out on region 1 blue ray.but its hard to tell

Oh, If any of you fellow members happens upon an uncut version of Kill Bill, Vol. I please post your link. Its only a matter of time before Japan releases their version of this film. But dont quote me on it because I cannot be definate it will be out in the near future.

BTW, THE ADVERTISMENT ARTWORK IS ONLINE at www.movietyme.com, and if your curious to see what the big deal is with the director's cut of this film please check out, www.dvdcompare.net.

They have a very in depth look at the differences in both versions.

In closing; Dont let studios decide what you can and can't see. Call your local congressman and ask why we cant have a bill passed to keep studio executives and censorship boards out of our theatres.

Thats the closest in translation I can get, there were a couple things that were just completely lost in the shuffle.

My grammar may be a notch or twelve off also.

Last edited by True_Story1011; 06-25-08 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-25-08, 11:02 AM

I am just waiting for the Japanese release.... No point in wasting my money on the cut verison. I am thinking it wont be to much longer before its announced. Ill rent the US verison while I wait. NP. Sucks but its like that for most things.

Hopefully the japanese mark up isnt to crazy but I am thinking it probally come out to 50 bucks a disc.
Old 06-25-08, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,506 Posts
Originally Posted by Cadrian
Hopefully the japanese mark up isnt to crazy but I am thinking it probally come out to 50 bucks a disc.
Oh yeah, you can count on a Japanese BD to retail at close to 5000 yen. Amazon Japan will have a bit of a discount, but there will be shipping, so yes, 50 bucks will probably be the ballpark figure.

Nothing has been announced yet though, in Japan it will be a Universal release, not Disney.
Old 06-25-08, 05:09 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Old 06-25-08, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As has been discussed before, Disney owns the theatrical and Weinstein Co. owns the Unrated. Disney CANNOT in this case release the uncut versions because they don't have the rights.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.