Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Persepolis'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-08, 02:23 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

I read Jamie S. Rich's DVD review of Persepolis at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=33642 and...this was a great read. i read your theatrical review too and while this is not my typical movie it piqued my interest enough. i heard about it as well prior, Roeper loved it too on his show. and the glossy, shiny slipcover caught my attention, so made this a buy and i look forward to watching it this weekend.

Jamie,
so close to "DVD Talk Collector Series", huh? what brought it down ever so little?
Old 06-24-08, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
so close to "DVD Talk Collector Series", huh? what brought it down ever so little?
I can't speak for Jamie, but I didn't think the selection of extras was compelling enough for the highest possible rating when I gave the Blu-ray version a spin. There are some wonderful extras on the set, but there's also an awful lot of repetition.
Old 06-24-08, 04:46 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
I can't speak for Jamie, but I didn't think the selection of extras was compelling enough for the highest possible rating when I gave the Blu-ray version a spin. There are some wonderful extras on the set, but there's also an awful lot of repetition.
i figured that would do it. still, looks like an amazing release that would transcend generations and cinematic tastes.
Old 06-25-08, 12:26 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, it was a close call, but it didn't quite have that extra ooomph that would push it even further into the stratosphere. I've been on the fence before about pushing a review up to Collector status, and it always ends up being a decision I go on questioning; so, I try to stick with the ones that my gut tells me must be this way.

Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it. It was a pleasure to write about more than once, having had more time to digest and reflect.
Old 06-25-08, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Netflix rental of the blu-ray release was waiting for me last night - what a fantastic film! Without a doubt, among my very favorites from last year. Just sublime in every way.