Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : YACT: Fender bender, er. sort of.

snosko84
06-23-08, 07:11 PM
Hello everyone,
well, i got in a fender bender today. sort of. i bumped the back of a car in front of me. I bumped into it. no damage. I must of been going 5 mph when i hit the car. there were two people in the front, one lady was probably 50's and the other, 93. EMS and fire came before the cop, which took 30-45 min. i didnt care. The EMS and fire people were giving these strange looks, like "I cant believe were out here for this." The lady and her mother refused medical help and the ems people left. i was staying quiet the whole time. The cop showed up and actually slowed down and then drove by without stopping. i was laughing, because i knew what he was thinking. i waved him down when he came by again. He looked at the car and said whats wrong? i told him and he seem annoyed more than anything else. The only damage noted was a slight license cover mark, about maybe 1/2 inch. The cop pulled up and tried to find something wrong, but just wrote what happened and took our license, insurance and registration. The cop kept asking if anyone was hurt and they kept jumping around the question. "my mother is shaken up, i want to get her home." "my knee hurts." "My mother bumped her head against the head rest." He said, "do you want me to get ems out here again?"she said no. Her car was a rental, prius. she was worried about the car because it wasnt hers and what not, which is understandable. as time went on, she felt bad i guess, she
kept talking to me about my schooling and how about how i'm going to be a nurse soon. she even held onto my hand at the end and apologized to me. her last words were, "nothing will probably come of this, sorry. good luck and take care." she kept asking me if she knew me. turns out she lives in the same town i lived in 6 months ago.
She called the car rental place after the accident and told them what happened. shes returning the car tomorrow, as planned. the police report wont be ready til friday. i'm really worried now. the cop said he wasnt even going to report it to the state, but its a rental car, so he has to. Do you think the car rental company will go after me for the small damage, if you can call it that? how can i protect myself? let the insurance companies deal with this? shoud i call my insurance company and let them know. i have no collison coverage, which i got rid of 2 months ago, because i'm a poor college student. now i'm starting to think about her possible injuries.
just curious what you guys think about this? thanks for reading.

Bandoman
06-23-08, 07:19 PM
Notify your insurance carrier. Tell them the whole story.

You can expect a lawsuit. I"m sure both of the women in the other care will "discover" tomorrow that they have soft tituse injuries. The daughter will never be able to work again.

snosko84
06-23-08, 07:27 PM
Notify your insurance carrier. Tell them the whole story.

You can expect a lawsuit. I"m sure both of the women in the other care will "discover" tomorrow that they have soft tituse injuries. The daughter will never be able to work again.

The lady is the caregiver of her mother. i guess fulltime. when she told me that, i knew i was f'ed. the area they are from is affluent. i bet she saw dollar signs. i'm just hoping her mother doesn't pass away soon, god knows who fault that would be, with her being 93. this sucks. i wish there was more i could do besides worry.

Bandoman
06-23-08, 07:34 PM
Hopefully you're not over-insured. Just tell your carrier and let them deal with it. 95% of the time in a rear end accident, the rear drive is considre "at fault." This is common knowledge, and people try to milk it.

Were you able to get any pictures of you car, their car and them?

drmoze
06-23-08, 07:40 PM
Bando, trolling for new clients again. -ohbfrank-

Dontcha know you're supposed to follow the response vehicles to chase 'em down?

;)

Bandoman
06-23-08, 07:41 PM
Shit, you're right. I should be trying to get the ladies as clients - more money in it.

Sorry, snosko I'm going to have to sue you.

snosko84
06-23-08, 07:45 PM
Hopefully you're not over-insured. Just tell your carrier and let them deal with it. 95% of the time in a rear end accident, the rear drive is considre "at fault." This is common knowledge, and people try to milk it.

Were you able to get any pictures of you car, their car and them?

A guy on the side of the road, a car salesman, said he was going to get a digital camera and take a picture. the cop was on the phone with the lady and told us to move into the best buy parking lot. the guy took a while, so i moved along. we were on a high traffic road and the guy was taking forever, so we left. i was pissed after i realized i didnt have any prove of anything except what the cop wrote down. i have a bad feeling about this. damn.

Bandoman
06-23-08, 07:47 PM
Don't worry, your insurance carrier will take care of it. It is very unlikely that your personal assets are at risk. Your insurance premiums will probably go up, though.

cdollaz
06-23-08, 07:49 PM
That was hard to read.

matta
06-23-08, 07:55 PM
The lady is the caregiver of her mother. i guess fulltime. when she told me that, i knew i was f'ed. the area they are from is affluent. i bet she saw dollar signs. i'm just hoping her mother doesn't pass away soon, god knows who fault that would be, with her being 93. this sucks. i wish there was more i could do besides worry.

Well, I guess the only honest thing to do is to go and kill the mother in her sleep. Have someone breakin and shoot her. Then, when you're going to give the guy the other half of the money, kill him and bury him in the woods. Problem solved.

Don't worry, it happens all the time.

snosko84
06-23-08, 07:58 PM
Don't worry, your insurance carrier will take care of it. It is very unlikely that your personal assets are at risk. Your insurance premiums will probably go up, though.

yeah. the lady was like, "i have some knee pain." the ems gave her a ice pack. I tore my ACL in high school playing football. i played and ran on it. i was thinking to myself, bitch, you have no idea what knee pain is really like.
i told my mother, the car is in her name. she doesnt want me to tell the insurance company and started yelling at me about it. yikes. if my premium goes up, i'm looking at a bus pass for my last semester. i'm not in the city, so it would be a bitch getting around.

Bandoman
06-23-08, 08:02 PM
yeah. the lady was like, "i have some knee pain." the ems gave her a ice pack. I tore my ACL in high school playing football. i played and ran on it. i was thinking to myself, bitch, you have no idea what knee pain is really like.
i told my mother, the car is in her name. she doesnt want me to tell the insurance company and started yelling at me about it. yikes. if my premium goes up, i'm looking at a bus pass for my last semester. i'm not in the city, so it would be a bitch getting around.

If you don't tell your insurance carrier now, they might be able to deny coverage later. You don't want to be on the hook for this.

matta
06-23-08, 08:02 PM
she doesnt want me to tell the insurance company and started yelling at me about it.

Yeah, what are you thinking? You shouldn't have even told your mother.

Here's what to do. Buy a 6-pack of beer, call this guy (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/member.php?userid=19611) and follow these instructions (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8766447&postcount=10).

antennaball
06-23-08, 08:04 PM

:eyebrow:

Bandoman
06-23-08, 08:06 PM
I love soft tituse injuries. They're my specialty.

snosko84
06-23-08, 08:37 PM
If you don't tell your insurance carrier now, they might be able to deny coverage later. You don't want to be on the hook for this.

i appreciate the advice. the car and insurance is in her name for the cost reasons (i'm covered). so, i dont know what to do. i'm probably going to talk to the carrier and see what is going to happen from there. my mother started to tell me not to dwell on it and over analyzing. yeah ok. get real. my father told me to report it. so i'm calling. thanks.

Bandoman
06-24-08, 05:25 AM
Good luck.

Mordred
06-24-08, 08:39 AM
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p29/KarensPhoto/MystifyMiscSky120707085PurpleGuitar.jpg
?

matta
06-24-08, 09:06 AM
i appreciate the advice. the car and insurance is in her name for the cost reasons (i'm covered). so, i dont know what to do. i'm probably going to talk to the carrier and see what is going to happen from there. my mother started to tell me not to dwell on it and over analyzing. yeah ok. get real. my father told me to report it. so i'm calling. thanks.

You're running out of time to have the old lady wacked. The longer you wait, the more likely she is to randomly die and have her family blame on your negligence. At least people will leave you alone in the Big House when they find out that you're in for manslaughter.

Dr Mabuse
06-24-08, 09:21 AM
You're running out of time to have the old lady wacked.
you might also want to have the old lady "whacked"... meaning 'rubbed out' or killed...

i'm not sure what a "wacked" is... does that mean your make her 'wacky' or something?...

matta
06-24-08, 09:28 AM
you might also want to have the old lady "whacked"... meaning 'rubbed out' or killed...

i'm not sure what a "wacked" is... does that mean your make her 'wacky' or something?...

I bet you have no friends.

Wacked: a mofia style hit

Whacked: to be messed up in the head, crazy.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wacked

Dr Mabuse
06-24-08, 09:41 AM
I bet you have no friends.

Wacked: a mofia style hit

Whacked: to be messed up in the head, crazy.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wacked
:lol:

yeah... well stay with "wacked" then...

you obviously know your stuff...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whacked

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2007/10/25/2007-10-25_court_told_mob_bosses_voted_on_whacking_-1.html

what's a "mofia" btw?...

:lol:

jonw9
06-24-08, 09:53 AM
Learn to spell, moran!

matta
06-24-08, 10:08 AM
what's a "mofia" btw?...

It's Italian. The mafia comes from Sicilia. The mofia comes from Torino and Milano. The mifia comes from Napoli -rolleyes-

matta
06-24-08, 10:11 AM
It's Italian. The mafia comes from Sicilia. The mofia comes from Torino and Milano. The mifia comes from Napoli -rolleyes-

:lol: Even I couldn't keep a straight face with that load of bullshit