Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Question about the fourth season of BSG

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-08, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question about the fourth season of BSG

I have eight episodes sitting on my TiVo, and I'm trying to watch them but I just don't care- I don't like or care about what happens to any of these people.

Can I skip ahead and just watch the last episode before the break? Is it going to matter much?
Old 06-19-08, 06:48 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
why would you want to? pick a different show.
Old 06-19-08, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've invested a lot of time in this show and don't want to give up on it. It's a sickness.
Old 06-19-08, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
I have eight episodes sitting on my TiVo, and I'm trying to watch them but I just don't care- I don't like or care about what happens to any of these people.

Can I skip ahead and just watch the last episode before the break? Is it going to matter much?
TB, you can watch the first and the last ep of this season with very little exception and have practically the entire storyline. I said that very thing a few threads ago.
Old 06-19-08, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
I don't think so. The show is very serialized and there are alot of elements that carry over from previous episodes.

You say you've invested alot of time in the show and it's a sickness, but the why are 8 episodes still sitting on your DVR? Are you not liking season 4 or something? You sort of contradict yourself when you also say that you just don't care about any of the characters.
Old 06-19-08, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what the hell is bsg?
Old 06-19-08, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Bottle Store Galleria
Old 06-19-08, 08:40 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Bat Shit Guano
Old 06-19-08, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Battlestar S. Galactica
Old 06-20-08, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Bisodium Glutamate.
Old 06-20-08, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
You say you've invested alot of time in the show and it's a sickness, but the why are 8 episodes still sitting on your DVR?
Maybe because this season so far has been boring as FUCK!
Old 06-20-08, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
It's been sort of the in thing on board to hate on BSG this year. So I'm guessing you already knew what kind of answers you were gonna get. Like someone else pointed out if you've invested so much time and it's a sickness why the hell are you asking people who've bitched and bitched about how boring it is now. Just watch the damn show for yourself and then you can bitch too.
Old 06-20-08, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
I don't think so. The show is very serialized and there are alot of elements that carry over from previous episodes.

You say you've invested alot of time in the show and it's a sickness, but the why are 8 episodes still sitting on your DVR? Are you not liking season 4 or something? You sort of contradict yourself when you also say that you just don't care about any of the characters.
+1

If you've gotten this far, why would you even ask? I think you'll probably enjoy it more than most of us who had to wait for all of the episodes to unspool. I'll wager you'll plow through them once you commit to watching them. And there really IS a lot that happens in this front 10 though few of the fanboys here will admit it. There is a lot of background character development and some MAJOR allegiance shifting as things slowly unfold.
Old 06-20-08, 08:38 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
I've invested a lot of time in this show and don't want to give up on it. It's a sickness.
Sadly I am in agreement. I'm actually happy it's on extended hiatus.
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Bat Shit Guano
Old 06-20-08, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan
+1

If you've gotten this far, why would you even ask? I think you'll probably enjoy it more than most of us who had to wait for all of the episodes to unspool. I'll wager you'll plow through them once you commit to watching them. And there really IS a lot that happens in this front 10 though few of the fanboys here will admit it. There is a lot of background character development and some MAJOR allegiance shifting as things slowly unfold.
I've highlighted the key element in your comment.

I agree, a lot happened. It just shouldn't of taken 10 whole episodes to do it.
Old 06-20-08, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by rfduncan
There is a lot of background character development and some MAJOR allegiance shifting as things slowly unfold.
I guess the problem is that whether or not this is true doesn't matter to me. I was watching the "The Ties That Bind" and kept opening my laptop, cleaning my fingernails, whatever. Callie was murdered I was like, "whatever". The Cylons are the only interesting thing on the show right now. At this point, I think I'm rooting for them to wipe out the humans.

I forced myself through the third season because I knew the end was coming, and people were saying the fourth season was a return to form, and... yeah.
Old 06-20-08, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You could probably skip to the last episode and not be too lost, but I wouldn't recommend it. There are a couple of plot points that might not make sense without seeing the setup episodes. Unfortunately, there's maybe 5 minutes of interesting television between where you are now and where you want to be, so you'll be bored out of your mind getting there. Best bet in your situation might be to find a friend who's seen all the episodes and can tell you the 3 or 4 key pieces of information you need before watching the season finale. I don't think how any of it happens is particularly interesting, but you'll still want to know the what before skipping through it, if that's what you decide to do. Otherwise, now might be a good time to re-fold all your laundry.

das
Old 06-20-08, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Best answer yet. Thanks das.
Old 06-20-08, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
You could also just read the synopsis’ on tv.com of all of the episodes. I would watch the most recent episode though.
Old 06-20-08, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Yeah, episode summaries would probably be the best way to go.
Old 06-20-08, 10:32 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
The Battlestar Wiki (sorry, don't have the link handy) is a good source of summaries, because they are organized by plotline.
Old 06-20-08, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sounds like a bunch of fair-weather fans.

Watch the eps. You have them there.

You also have a year.
Old 06-20-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Originally Posted by cornflakeguy

Watch the eps. You have them there.

You also have a year.
I agree, watch them. Why in the world would anyone rather read a synopsis as opposed to having them there ready to be watched.

This would be like me watching the 1st 3 episodes of season 4 of Lost and asking...can I skip to episode 13?
Old 06-20-08, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Let me ask you all something - knowing what you know now about the last episode of the season, had you known that when you were watching the eps, would that have interfered with your enjoyment of them?
Old 06-20-08, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
I don't think you're fair-weather when you've stuck with the show from the beginning until now. Sometimes a show just loses steam.

I was in a very similar situation as Tracer, but I just plowed through the episodes, remembering that the fast forward button is my friend. It's a weird feeling, not caring much about the show anymore, but still wanting to know what happens.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.