Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Rite-Aid stocking a couple of TV seasons for mega-cheap.

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 06-14-08, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in a Rite-Aid in WA and I found SCTV Season 2 for $12.99 sealed. They also had Hercules Season 3 for the same price.

Admittedly, the barcode was slashed, which was slightly irritating. But I feel fine about it now, seeing as the season new from Amazon is $42.99 and other retailers have it in the $30 range (although "used" prices are low and some of the items offered are sealed).

I don't know if there are any other deals like this. I called all the Rite-Aids in the area and the only other one to have any other SCTV seasons had the same season so it is unfortunately possible that they only got that specific, random season in. But hopefully as time passes more stuff will show up, especially if the Rite-Aid has a larger selection (although the one I found it at had a VERY small case, about the width of a door).
Old 06-14-08, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm, interesting. I work at a Rite Aid here in Connecticut and have thus far only seen the normal new release DVDs and some cheap budget titles like Panic Room and Reservoir Dogs. I'll have to check later this week.
Old 06-14-08, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up one of the seasons of Hercules at Rite-Aid quite some time ago. I'm pretty sure it was season 3. The $12.99 isn't a bad price but doesn't sound quite as good as $9.99 at Ross. So far, I've only been able to find season 3 & 4 though.
Old 06-15-08, 12:17 AM
MGR

Very interesting...
Because almost precisely one year ago (on 6-05-2007 according to my records) I got SCTV Volume 2 at a Rite-Aid (in California) for $12.99 !

And volume 2 was the only SCTV I ever saw there. And I think it was a one time thing that couple of weeks only.

So my conclusions:
obviously the Rite-Aid warehouse has bunches of SCTV Vol 2, and that they only sell them for $12.99, and that they only send them out to their stores in the month of June
Old 06-15-08, 04:16 PM

not sure if it was WalGreens or a Rite-Aid, but I got Queer As Folk Season 2 for $7.99 (no barcode slash...just a peel-able sticker with a different UPC).
Old 06-15-08, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 132 Likes on 87 Posts
Dollar General stores had the SCTV season sets for $10 each last year. I picked up all four. I haven't seen them around here in months, but I suppose there's still a chance other parts of the country may still have stock.