DVD Talk
X-Men Origins: Wolverine [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jackskeleton
10-05-04, 04:44 PM
WRITER NAMED FOR WOLVERINE MOVIE

According to Variety, Troy writer David Benioff has been tapped by 20th Century Fox to write Wolverine a spinoff from the studio's X-Men film franchise.

The trade reports that Hugh Jackman is expected to reprise the role he played in the two X-Men films. Addiitonally, Variety reports that the film will most likely be produced by Lauren Shuler Donner and Avi Arad, the production team of the X-Men films - though the specific negotiations have not to date been completed.

The film will be one of two X-Men films moving forward at Fox, as it was recently announced that the studio is moving ahead with X-Men 3, with Simon Kinberg writing the screenplay. As previously reported, Brian Singer will not be directing the third installment of X-Men.

Now the question is what are they going to do with this story considering the history of wolvie has been restamped over and over again.

Sessa17
10-05-04, 04:50 PM
I know most here liked it, but I thought Troy was awful, so I'm not exactly thrilled with this news.

I am all for a Wolverine spin-off, provided they at least use some characters from the comics. I'm a huge X-men/comic book geek (I co-own a comic book store), but I don't really care whether they stick with the history of Wolverine that much, as long as it's a good movie, & I'm MUCH more concerned w/ who the director is. For me that makes or breaks a comic book movie.

jaeufraser
10-05-04, 04:51 PM
Who knows. I'm a bit wary of this one though. Jackman is great in the role, though I think he at times plays it a bit to...soft (crying...crying? there's no crying in Xmen!)

Nonetheless, I hope they get X3 before they bother with this. It would be cool, the only thing is that the Xmen movies were in many ways Wolverine movies so this could be odd to tell the difference. Perhaps they should scale him back a lil for X3.

B.A.
10-05-04, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Sessa17
I know most here liked it, but I thought Troy was awful, so I'm not exactly thrilled with this news.

I am all for a Wolverine spin-off, provided they at least use some characters from the comics. I'm a huge X-men/comic book geek (I co-own a comic book store), but I don't really care whether they stick with the history of Wolverine that much, as long as it's a good movie, & I'm MUCH more concerned w/ who the director is. For me that makes or breaks a comic book movie. I thought Troy was terribly average - the writing wasn't that good.

I'm more worried about who the director will be, too.

Supermallet
10-05-04, 05:01 PM
This could be cool if they adapted the first Wolverine mini-series comic.

And wasn't there news of Fox hiring Joss Whedon to direct X3, but it won't start until he finishes Firefly (or Serenity, I forget the title)?

fumanstan
10-05-04, 05:06 PM
Maybe have Wolverine in Japan :)

Supermallet
10-05-04, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by fumanstan
Maybe have Wolverine in Japan :)

That's the mini-series I was referring to. :)

DonnachaOne
10-05-04, 05:24 PM
Whatever happens, they should have a subplot involving gay henchmen, blackmail and fire hydrants.

Get Me Coffee
10-05-04, 05:25 PM
Weapon X Bitches!

devilshalo
10-05-04, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Whatever happens, they should have a subplot involving gay henchmen, blackmail and fire hydrants.

We're talking Wolverine here.. not Batman. :p

Jackskeleton
10-05-04, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Suprmallet
This could be cool if they adapted the first Wolverine mini-series comic.

And wasn't there news of Fox hiring Joss Whedon to direct X3, but it won't start until he finishes Firefly (or Serenity, I forget the title)?

X-Men 3 has a writer! .... Rather, it’s Simon Kinberg!!!

When Bryan Singer decided to throw his chips in with Superman, and leave the X-Men franchise recently, there were those who were worried about the state of X-Men 3.

After all, Singer took his writers, Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty, with him, while Fox had not closed any deals for any of the principal actors - Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen et al - to return. The future looked about as bleak as Days of Future Past (Geek alert!)

But, given that the the X-movies have grossed almost a billion dollars worldwide, theatrically, Fox and Marvel were never going to let the series die. And so it was announced today that the merry mutants have a new writer - Simon Kinberg.

Simon Who? Well, it’s certainly not the Joss Whedon appointment that many fanboys had been trumpeting - hardly surprising, though, as the Buffymeister is busy on his pet project, Serenity (and, given that, according to a very good source, he wrote that Godawful ‘Do you know what happens to a Toad when it’s hit by lightning?’ line in the original, it might be a blessing in disguise). But nor is it a big-name writer.

Yet Kinberg is quietly making a name for himself in Hollywood - and with Fox and Marvel especially. He’s already carried out rewrites on both Elektra and Fantastic Four, has written xXx: State of the Union for Sony, and is a huge comic book fan.

Supermallet
10-05-04, 05:45 PM
Color me corrected. :o

devilshalo
10-05-04, 07:28 PM
I think it should be the Weapon X storyline and have it filmed before X3. At least it would semi make sense following the death of Jean. At least it could take him to Japan to meet the Yashida clan and maybe even have him go up against Bullseye.

Original Desmond
10-05-04, 07:58 PM
I love the Xmen enough that anything Xmen is good BUT cmon Xmen 1 and 2 were hugely Wolverine related, not that keen on more just Wolvy unless there are other interesting characters, villians etc

Original Desmond
10-05-04, 07:58 PM
ok a question

in comic book history, who are the biggest enemies of Solo Wolverine ?

other than Lady Deathstrike

devilshalo
10-05-04, 08:09 PM
Silver Samurai
Sabretooth
Hulk
Cypher

Supermallet
10-05-04, 08:11 PM
I would like to see The Silver Samurai in a movie that takes place in Japan. And give Wolvie the red/brown suit. :D

trigun
10-05-04, 08:15 PM
If the Wolverine movie takes place before the X movies and they try to maintain continuity, I wouldn't expect any sort of costume, considering his reaction to the suits in the first movie.

Supermallet
10-05-04, 08:37 PM
I know they won't give him a suit, but a man can wish, can't he?

Jackskeleton
10-05-04, 09:05 PM
no, shut up before I slap you again bizarro suprmallet.

You also have to toss out Sabretooth in any sort of prequel since his reaction to the attack in X-men.

Supermallet
10-05-04, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
no, shut up before I slap you again bizarro suprmallet.

You also have to toss out Sabretooth in any sort of prequel since his reaction to the attack in X-men.

Goddamn you, Bat 'Tard!

We're not even sure it is a prequel. I think the Weapon X angle was pretty well covered in X2. I would hope they go with something else.

Get Me Coffee
10-05-04, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Suprmallet
think the Weapon X angle was pretty well covered in X2.

Not really....

...c'mon training?

....c'mon secret missions?

...c'mon escaping?

just so much to use!

Maybe the whole story doesn't need to be WeaponX, but lets see some more!

PopcornTreeCt
10-05-04, 10:31 PM
He's a good writer (The 25th Hour). That's a good choice to have him do it. Looking forward to this more than Elektra.

Michael Corvin
10-06-04, 12:12 AM
haven't we already gotten two wolverine movies? I'm not a comic book nut, but the focus of the first two movies was clearly on Wolverine.

Supermallet
10-06-04, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Michael Corvin
haven't we already gotten two wolverine movies? I'm not a comic book nut, but the focus of the first two movies was clearly on Wolverine.

What? The last two have clearly been "The Cyclops Show." -rolleyes-

;)

tofu
10-06-04, 10:08 AM
It would be interesting to see Wolverine's adventures with Psylocke and Jubilee. I always liked that story arc in the comic books.

TylerDurden_73
10-06-04, 12:26 PM
I am all for the first wolverine mini-series to be brought to the big screen. Best wolverine story...EVARRRRRR!!!!!!111.

Big Boy Laroux
10-06-04, 01:23 PM
bring in maverick and omega red...

Get Me Coffee
10-06-04, 01:34 PM
omega red ! :up:

NoxHaveN
10-06-04, 02:23 PM
I see your Omega Red. :up:

And raise you the ragin' cajun, Gambit.

rexinnih
10-06-04, 02:40 PM
Bringing back some comic book collectin' memories here. I'd love to see an adaption of the Wolverine mini-series. Or if they don't do that I'd probably see anything involving Wolverine on the big screen.

nightmaster
10-06-04, 05:02 PM
I say let 'em make the split after X-3....or even before if possible. Makes room for more beloved characters from the X-Men realm and gives us more story Wolverine solo-wise, with less sub-plots. With Jean out of the picture Wolvie doesn't have much reason to be around anyway (though I know they're bringing Jean back.....)

FantasticVSDoom
10-06-04, 06:40 PM
I wouldnt mind if they took the Origin series and adapted it. Might be interesting, and bring something completely different to comic movies.

fumanstan
10-06-04, 06:43 PM
Heck, they might as well make the split now so that X3 will concentrate more on Cyclops/Jean, and maybe a new character and just say Wolverine took off again.

DonnachaOne
10-06-04, 11:08 PM
I wonder will a standalone film be a good idea. Sure, Mick Jagger might be the main attraction in the Rolling Stones. But Mick Jagger by himself pretty much sucks. He's better surrounded by the Stones.

Magneto's like Keith Richards. Well, in looks anyway.

Get Me Coffee
10-07-04, 02:15 PM
I like your point... so what you're saying is that IF Wolverine isn't in a Xmen movie it would suck, right ;)

devilshalo
07-20-07, 12:46 AM
Hood takes on Fox 'Wolverine'
By Borys Kit

July 20, 2007

Gavin Hood is suiting up to direct "Wolverine," 20th Century Fox's "X-Men" spinoff that will star Hugh Jackman.

David Benioff wrote the screenplay, which will explore the origins of the lone-wolf superhero, one of the most popular characters in comics. Wolverine has a mutant healing power that allows him to recover from any wound, which led him to survive an experiment in which his skeleton was bonded with an unbreakable metal. The process also installed retractable metal claws.

Lauren Shuler Donner, Jackman and John Palermo are producing the movie, which is eyeing a fall start date.

Marvel Studios is executive producing.

Hood, who won a foreign-language Oscar in 2005 for directing "Tsotsi," recently wrapped "Rendition," New Line Cinema's political thriller starring Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Hood is repped by WMA and Anonymous Content.

Save Print Email Reprints

SpyderMike
07-20-07, 03:29 AM
a magneto spinoff is in the works as well.

Fincher Fan
07-20-07, 04:36 AM
Hood takes on Fox 'Wolverine'
By Borys Kit

July 20, 2007

Gavin Hood is suiting up to direct "Wolverine," 20th Century Fox's "X-Men" spinoff that will star Hugh Jackman.

David Benioff wrote the screenplay, which will explore the origins of the lone-wolf superhero, one of the most popular characters in comics. Wolverine has a mutant healing power that allows him to recover from any wound, which led him to survive an experiment in which his skeleton was bonded with an unbreakable metal. The process also installed retractable metal claws.

Lauren Shuler Donner, Jackman and John Palermo are producing the movie, which is eyeing a fall start date.

Marvel Studios is executive producing.

Hood, who won a foreign-language Oscar in 2005 for directing "Tsotsi," recently wrapped "Rendition," New Line Cinema's political thriller starring Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Hood is repped by WMA and Anonymous Content.

Save Print Email Reprints

Great and interesting choice! :thumbsup:

devilshalo
10-18-07, 12:26 AM
'Wolverine' claws on May '09 date
Liev Schreiber in final talks for 'X-Men' role
By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Twentieth Century Fox is sinking its claws into May 1, 2009, for the release of Hugh Jackman starrer "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," which director Gavin Hood begins shooting later this year.

"Wolverine" is expected to feature many other mutants -- some new to the film franchise and some from one or more of the three "X-Men" films. Liev Schreiber is reportedly in final talks to take on the role of a younger version of nemesis William Stryker, played by Brian Cox in "X2."

This is the first time a title has been confirmed for the next chapter in the lucrative film franchise, based on the Marvel comic strip.

The first weekend in May, pegged as the first official weekend of summer, has become the most lucrative moviegoing weekend of the year. The date has been profitable for Marvel properties: "X2" debuted in the same frame in 2003, grossing a record-breaking $86 million, and Sony's "Spider-Man 3" grossed a record- breaking $151 million in early May this year.

As of now, the only other film staking out the May 1, 2009, date is Disney's toon "G-Force."

There's been much speculation about the spinoff, which gained speed when the studio finalized deals with Jackman (who reprises the role he played in the three "X-Men" pics), Hood and scribe David Benioff, who penned the script.

Pic explores the claw-wielding character Wolverine's violent and romantic past, and his complex relationship with Victor Creed and the ominous Weapon X program, as well as his encounters with other mutants.

Hood will start shooting in Australia before moving to New Zealand and, later, to New Orleans. Latter location is a clue that the storyline might include New Orleans-based character Gambit, who is able to make objects explode and was a professional thief before joining the X-Men.

Producing are Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter, producers of the "X-Men" movies, along with Jackman and producing partner John Palermo through their shingle Seed Prods. Marvel's Kevin Feige will exec produce.

Together, the trio of "X-Men" pics have grossed more than $1 billion worldwide. Fox is pursuing another "X-Men" spinoff, based on the character Magneto.

Studio is looking to have a busy summer in 2009. On May 22 of that year, it releases James Cameron's 3-D live-action "Avatar," and, on July 1, "Ice Age 3."

FinkPish
10-18-07, 12:55 AM
Awesome, Liev Schreiber is one of my favorite actors. And possibly having Gambit is a great addition. Dammit, why couldn't I work on this? So close.

zero
10-18-07, 04:56 AM
QouNeQOmhIY

:lol:

matome
10-18-07, 07:59 AM
LOL, at least they got the hairdo down pat.

TheNightFlier
10-18-07, 08:53 AM

fumanstan
10-18-07, 10:43 AM
Glad they want to mix in Wolverine's history with Sabretooth.

rexinnih
10-18-07, 10:51 AM
I'm there in May '09!

yojimbo44
10-18-07, 11:04 AM
loved the "leaked trailer" - my only hope is the real movie has a paunchy wolverine with man boobs and a ton of pointless leaping.

RocShemp
10-18-07, 08:44 PM
Holy crap there's gonna be a G-Force movie?!

I mean... Awesome, Liev Schreiber is gonna be in Wolverine! I'm none too excited about Gambit making an appearance, though.

UAIOE
10-18-07, 11:30 PM
Gambit :thumbsup:

Duality
10-26-07, 10:46 AM
Love that "trailer"! :)

Goldberg74
10-26-07, 04:39 PM
Holy crap there's gonna be a G-Force movie?!Not what you think it is...
"A specially trained squad of guinea pigs is dispatched to stop a diabolical billionaire from taking over the world." - IMdb

Peep
10-29-07, 01:50 PM
Read an article in the Times last week that the studio has placed an ad out for a high-priced quickie rewrite of the script to get a new revision done before the writer's strike deadline.

Sad.

Duality
10-29-07, 05:40 PM
So this one is titled X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Fascinating...

taffer
11-11-07, 07:35 AM
Glad they want to mix in Wolverine's history with Sabretooth.

How is that going to work? The first X-men movie made it seem like Wolverine and Sabretooth never worked together or even knew each other at Weapon X.

RocShemp
11-11-07, 09:13 PM
Not what you think it is...
"A specially trained squad of guinea pigs is dispatched to stop a diabolical billionaire from taking over the world." - IMdb
Dang. :sad:

Brack
11-11-07, 09:22 PM
any relation to Han Solo?

UAIOE
11-12-07, 03:08 AM
Half brother I believe.

Doc MacGyver
11-12-07, 08:40 AM
How is that going to work? The first X-men movie made it seem like Wolverine and Sabretooth never worked together or even knew each other at Weapon X.

Well, if I can get geeky for a second...

You could make the argument that Wolverine had no memory, so his history with weapon X/Creed could have been erased... BUT, since there's a shot of him "smelling" Sabertooth and immediately popping the claws and getting ready for danger, you could <i>also</i> make the argument that although he couldn't pick 'ol Toothy out of a line up, he instinctually recognized his scent (sort of a muscle-memory kind of thing) and knew it meant danger.

Sabertooth, on the other hand - while not making specific mention of having a past with Logan (not suprising since he had, like, one line in the flick) - DID seem somewhat obsessed with him; What, with him taking the dog tags, eye-fcuking them when they are on Magneto's desk and then snatching them again with a growl. Again - geeky, but one COULD make the argument that this obsession stemmed from their past encounters.

The same geeky retcon-rationalization could be added to Deathstrike in X2. You could say that the "look" she gives to Logan after she snaps out of her drug-controlled zombie state but BEFORE she starts crying adamantium might have been suprise and dismay that her former love had just killed her.

Now I'm going to go cry and flog myself with some Uncanny TPBs and repeat "I will not become the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons" over and over.

-Doc

fumanstan
11-12-07, 10:41 AM
It makes sense; there was plenty of talk of both those moments (the dog tags, and then the look from Deathstrike) about those scenes being too obvious and standing out for them to be meaningless.

Deftones
01-14-08, 08:14 PM
Woah. Just read some kickass casting news on Dark Horizons.

CHUD reports that Liev Schreiber ("The Sum of all Fears," "The Manchurian Candidate") will play Victor Creed - aka. Sabretooth - in the Gavin Hood-directed "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".

Schreiber involvement was previously thought to be that of a young Stryker, the villain played by Brian Cox in "X2: X-Men United" who was responsible for Wolverine's creation.

Instead "Six Feet Under" and "Dexter" star Michael C. Hall is in talks for the role of Stryker, whilst Michelle Monaghan is being sought for Silver Fox.

"Wolverine" tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program.

Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe. The film opens next May.

fumanstan
01-14-08, 08:34 PM
Wow, that sounds like it could pretty cool.

stingermck
02-14-08, 12:38 PM
1st pic. Damn Hugh is JACKED up for this one! A lot better than the first new Punisher pic

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0802/14/wolverine.jpg

Mondo Kane
02-14-08, 12:43 PM
What's up with the claws though? They never looked like gigantic toothpicks in the previous movies!

Kicker_of_Elves
02-14-08, 12:43 PM
Badass

FinkPish
02-14-08, 12:59 PM
What's up with the claws though? They never looked like gigantic toothpicks in the previous movies!
I think it's just the angle the photo was taken from; we can't see any of the depth from head on.

Mondo Kane
02-14-08, 01:06 PM
I think it's just the angle the photo was taken from; we can't see any of the depth from head on.

Ah, I see what it is. The bottoms aren't as thick as they used to be. Drat.

http://www.dvdzap.ca/dvd-imgs/1142d0/x2-x-men-unis-pochette-avant.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0802/14/wolverine.jpg
Almost the same angle, but I defiently get a "Danger-Don't touch" impression of the old claws than the new shot.

Sticky Bomb
02-14-08, 01:07 PM
Anyone check out the IMDB page. Gambit is pretty high on the list of characters. I always wondered why they didnt use him in the xmen movies. He was always my favorite character in the cartoons.

Draven
02-14-08, 01:14 PM
As long as he rips some shit up, I'm all for it.

One of the things I appreciate about all three X-Men movies is that, while fairly bloodless, they haven't shied away from Wolverine impaling people. I hope that continues.

pinata242
02-14-08, 01:17 PM
I recall in his Alkali Lake flashback in X2 that his new claws looked really long and flimsy compared to what he actually used to eviscerate people.

fumanstan
02-14-08, 01:53 PM
I like those claws better. I always hated the thickness of them in the X-Men movies.

Wolf359
02-18-08, 11:16 PM
Wow, this is pretty cool news..according to AICN, Ryan Reynolds will do a cameo as Deadpool.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35658

redrum
02-18-08, 11:45 PM
deadpool :eek:

RagingBull80
02-19-08, 12:08 AM
Gambit.
Deadpool.

Wow.

fumanstan
02-19-08, 12:50 AM
Wow, haven't fans been tossing around Ryan Reynolds for Deadpool for awhile now, at least since his buffed up self in Blade Trinity?

Draven
02-19-08, 02:45 AM
He'd be great - the right combo of cocky and badass.

PopcornTreeCt
02-19-08, 03:19 AM
I was hoping Sawyer from Lost would play Gambit. Ah well.

Giantrobo
02-19-08, 04:43 AM
Gambit.
Deadpool.

Wow.

I've always been a Gambit fan. :up:

Nth Power
02-19-08, 06:45 AM
I'm not a big Ryan Reynolds fan, but I think he would awesome as Deadpool. Cool.

Artman
02-19-08, 10:37 AM
Looking forward to this... the next best thing to another x-men movie!

RagingBull80
02-19-08, 12:43 PM
I'm not even a big Marvel fan but I think all this news is pretty cool.

I've liked Ryan Reynolds in everything I've seen him in, I'm not saying they were good movies but I thought he was good. I think that a movie like this will be great for him.

Deftones
02-19-08, 03:29 PM
Awesome news. I love Ryan Reynolds. This looks like it's going to be great!

Yavin
02-19-08, 03:45 PM
Ryan looked a little soft on his recent appearance on CBC's "The Hour" (at least, I think it was recent). He would need to do quite a bit of bulking up pretty quick to get back into Blade: Trinity shape. But he was fun in that one, so I'd be in for his turn as Deadpool.

I see from the IMDB Wolverine page that Maggie Q is also "rumored". I guess she'd be Yuriko/Lady Deathstrike? Mmm...

Kicker_of_Elves
02-19-08, 05:13 PM
From empireonline:

"Superherohype is reporting that Taylor Kitsch (TV's Friday Night Lights) has been cast as Gambit in the forthcoming Wolverine movie, confirming months of rumours that the character will make an appearance.

Kitsch has apparently signed a three picture deal, which would suggest that Gambit, a mutant with the power to make objects explosive by charging them with kinetic energy, will play a major role, but could mean that Fox is merely hedging its bets.

It's been a long wait to see Gambit in a X-Men movie, who's been rumoured since the first film was announced. We're a little disappointed that Lost's Josh Holloway won't be playing the role, because he would have been perfect casting, but we can't wait to see him and his explosive playing cards on screen.

In other Wolverine news, Aintitcool is repeating the long circulating rumour that Ryan Reynolds will cameo in the movie as Deadpool, a lesser know smart-ass mercenary character. As we said, the story's been doing the rounds for a while, but AICN says they have it confirmed. This would be fantastic casting."

Mondo Kane
02-19-08, 05:51 PM
I see from the IMDB Wolverine page that Maggie Q is also "rumored". I guess she'd be Yuriko/Lady Deathstrike? Mmm...

If not her, then Mariko Yashida. Frank Miller's a hot property in the comic-movie world right about now and I wouldn't be surprised if they blended his mini-series work for this movie.

devilshalo
02-19-08, 07:25 PM
Reynolds, will.i.am join 'Wolverine'
Taylor Kitsch set as Gambit
By MARC GRASER, TATIANA SIEGEL
Reynolds

Twentieth Century Fox has added three more superheroes to “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” with Ryan Reynolds, “Friday Night Lights” regular Taylor Kitsch, and hip hop artist will.i.am joining the cast.

Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston and Lynn Collins round out the cast as Sabretooth, William Stryker and Silver Fox, respectively.

Hugh Jackman reprises the role of Wolverine in the “X-Men” spinoff that Gavin Hood began lensing this month in Australia. Pic bows May 1, 2009.
-----------------------------

Who is will.i.am supposed to play?

pinata242
02-19-08, 07:33 PM
Bishop?

devilshalo
02-19-08, 07:35 PM
Bishop?
For something that is supposed to explore Logan's past.. bring a character from the future doesn't quite make sense.

pinata242
02-19-08, 07:41 PM
How can you say that bringing the future in at any point is any more or less nonsensical than any other point? If they're signing actors up for potential multi-movie runs, be it direct sequels or other "origins" spin-offs, they could easily do something to set up the future, if it even has to abide by the same timeline in the movies as the comics.

fumanstan
02-19-08, 07:43 PM
Will is kind of too small to play Bishop, i'd imagine.

Deftones
02-20-08, 07:07 PM
I just read that Will.I.Am is going to play Wraith. I've not heard of that character, but it was said he has the ability to turn his skin translucent. Sounds like a pretty lame character to me, but the benefit of the doubt will be given based on the level of kickass casting so far.

Yavin
02-21-08, 08:55 AM
From Wikipedia, looks like there are more than one characters named Wraith in the Marvel Universe, but this one seems to be a match:

Wraith (Hector Mendoza)
First appearance Uncanny X-Men #392 (2001)

* Transparent skin
* Ability to temporarily "infect" others with this transparent condition

Hector lived in Boston until his mutant powers manifested at the age of sixteen. A large crowd formed in the Boston Commons, many who knew Hector when he was not translucent, intending to kill him. Jean Grey freezes the crowd with her telepathic powers and recruits Hector. He is one of many she gathers to help rescue the X-Men from Genosha, where they are being held by Magneto.

He joins with other mutants, such as Northstar, Omerta, Dazzler and Sunpyre.

While on the way to Genosha, Hector and Omerta receive a telepathic crash course in the use of their powers. Jean also brings in the entire group to mentally review what had recently occurred with Dazzler.

Jean theorized that had his powers been allowed to evolve, he would have been able to render himself and others completely invisible. He was shown to be depowered.

Sounds like sort of an Invisible Boy type of character to me.

At this point, I'm starting to get a little concerned that the film might get over-crowded with new characters, similar to how X3 was chocked full of throwaway appearances from the comics.

whitetigeress
02-21-08, 09:16 AM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/4782/dominicmonaghanblackwinzk0.jpg

20th Century Fox has cast former Lost star Dominic Monaghan as Barnell Bohusk, aka Blackwing, in X-Men: Wolverine, sources reveal exclusively to JustJared.com.

According to Wiki, Barnell’s body changes into that of a humanoid-bird form, with a beaked face, bulbous eyes, wing-like arms that give him the ability to fly (albeit clumsily), talons on his hands and feet, and double-jointed knees. In mutant form, Blackwing also possesses heightened agility, and he may possess heightened senses and a lighter skeletal structure like the avian X-Man formerly known as the Angel (Ben Foster played this character in X3).

Monaghan, 31, be joining Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Liev Schreiber (Sabretooth), Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool), Taylor Kitsch (Gambit), Will.i.am (Kestrel), Danny Huston (William Stryker), and Lynn Collins (Silver Fox).

X-Men: Wolverine slashes its way into theaters on May 1, 2009.

Source (http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/02/21/dominic-monaghan-blackwing/)

redskull
02-21-08, 09:30 AM
From empireonline:In other Wolverine news, Aintitcool is repeating the long circulating rumour that Ryan Reynolds will cameo in the movie as Deadpool, a lesser know smart-ass mercenary character. As we said, the story's been doing the rounds for a while, but AICN says they have it confirmed. This would be fantastic casting."

However, casting Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool pretty much guarantees we'll be seeing Movie Deadpool rather than Comics Deadpool. I sincerely doubt that they'd go to the trouble of casting Reynolds only to cover up his face with a red & black mask or Deadpool's trademark scarred face. I forsee lots more people in black leather & trenchcoats.

lopper
02-21-08, 01:15 PM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/4782/dominicmonaghanblackwinzk0.jpg

20th Century Fox has cast former Lost star Dominic Monaghan as Barnell Bohusk, aka Blackwing, in X-Men: Wolverine, sources reveal exclusively to JustJared.com.

According to Wiki, Barnell’s body changes into that of a humanoid-bird form, with a beaked face, bulbous eyes, wing-like arms that give him the ability to fly (albeit clumsily), talons on his hands and feet, and double-jointed knees. In mutant form, Blackwing also possesses heightened agility, and he may possess heightened senses and a lighter skeletal structure like the avian X-Man formerly known as the Angel (Ben Foster played this character in X3).

Monaghan, 31, be joining Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Liev Schreiber (Sabretooth), Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool), Taylor Kitsch (Gambit), Will.i.am (Kestrel), Danny Huston (William Stryker), and Lynn Collins (Silver Fox).

X-Men: Wolverine slashes its way into theaters on May 1, 2009.

Source (http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/02/21/dominic-monaghan-blackwing/)

:(

Zen Peckinpah
02-21-08, 02:32 PM
Schreiber and Danny Huston :up:

The title :down: x300

Get rid of the "X-Men Origins"...sounds like a horrible TV spin-off. But since this is 20th $entury Fox, they won't change it to just Wolverine (which is enough).

Casting one of the Black Eyed Peas was also a really, really lame idea. I'm hoping that having the screenwriter of 25th Hour and the director of Tsotsi saves this, but then again, the former also wrote Troy, and this is a Fox event movie not involving James Cameron, so I'm scared this will out-bad X-Men: The Last Stand.

devilshalo
02-22-08, 02:27 PM
Dominic Monaghan joins 'Wolverine'
Daniel Henney to play Agent Zero in 'Origins'
By TATIANA SIEGEL

Dominic Monaghan and Daniel Henney are the latest mutants to join the cast of Twentieth Century Fox's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

Monaghan will play Barnell, a mysterious character from Wolverine's past who has the ability to manipulate energy and electricity. Henney will portray Agent Zero, a member of the Weapon X program and an expert tracker with lethal marksman skills.

Hugh Jackman stars as the titular character, while Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston, Taylor Kitsch, will.i.am, Lynn Collins and Ryan Reynolds have already boarded the project, which is shooting in New Zealand, Australia and New Orleans. Gavin Hood directs from a David Benioff screenplay, which chronicles the origins of the talon-sprouting protag.

Lauren Shuler Donner, Ralph Winter, Jackman and John Palermo are producing. Kevin Feige exec produces.

redskull
02-22-08, 04:47 PM
Hugh Jackman stars as the titular character, while Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston, Taylor Kitsch, will.i.am, Lynn Collins and Ryan Reynolds have already boarded the project, which is shooting in New Zealand, Australia and New Orleans. Gavin Hood directs from a David Benioff screenplay, which chronicles the origins of the talon-sprouting protag.

Um... I think they mean "claw-sprouting." Talons are for the birds!

Ranger
02-22-08, 04:47 PM
Not sure if all these additions will be that interesting, at least Gambit should be there. Hoping the Magneto movie gets some good people.

MartinBlank
02-27-08, 06:11 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/MartinBlank9mm/Part%203/3-2.jpg

fumanstan
02-27-08, 06:49 PM
Bad ass.

Boba Fett
02-27-08, 09:11 PM
Danny Huston is awesome, but it sucks Brian Cox won't be back. Although I guess it makes a lot of sense, as this is supposed to be set way before X-Men, correct?

stingermck
02-28-08, 08:03 AM
Shit. Even more bad ass Wolverine. Heres hoping he really cuts loose in this one. Him ripping through the forest in Last Stand was great, and we need more :)

Brack
02-28-08, 10:11 AM
I'm less excited about a Wolverine movie and more excited about a Deadpool cameo. I thought he'd never make it on the screen.

islandclaws
02-28-08, 12:00 PM
Not happy about a Black Eyed Pea(brain) being cast. I absolutely HATE when rappers are cast in black roles simply because they are popular, and also black. Why can't the filmmakers attempt to find a black guy that doesn't rap, but can act? And the film needs to be called Wolverine, period. No X-Men Origins shit. Like anyone won't know who Wolverine is and might skip the movie. Still, I'll wait to do some real complaining until the trailer comes out.

devilshalo
02-28-08, 12:39 PM
Not happy about a Black Eyed Pea(brain) being cast. I absolutely HATE when rappers are cast in black roles simply because they are popular, and also black. Why can't the filmmakers attempt to find a black guy that doesn't rap, but can act?
I think you answered your own question.. they're popular.. it's a name that may draw in more audience. Not everyone gets a chance like Derek Luke. And I do enjoy some of Ice Cube and Ice T's performances. And Andre Benjamin has been a welcomed surprise.

islandclaws
02-28-08, 07:01 PM
I think you answered your own question.. they're popular.. it's a name that may draw in more audience. Not everyone gets a chance like Derek Luke. And I do enjoy some of Ice Cube and Ice T's performances. And Andre Benjamin has been a welcomed surprise.

I know. And there are some exceptions to the rule, like Ice Cube (well, not anymore) and Ice T. But a guy from the BEP who has never acted before doesn't make me interested in seeing this film. In fact, it turns me off. I don't like to think that some 15 minute celeb is going to be in a film that will (hopefully) last much longer than his rap group. If Fox is trying to bait the 13-17 year old crowd, then I'm beginning to hemorrhage interest.

majorjoe23
02-28-08, 07:04 PM
But a guy from the BEP who has never acted before doesn't make me interested in seeing this film.

At one point he had to act like Fergie had talent.

Brack
02-28-08, 07:18 PM
BET maybe?

atxbomber
02-28-08, 07:24 PM
No X-Men Origins shit. Like anyone won't know who Wolverine is and might skip the movie.

It's branding for future movies. If they want to do a X-Men Origins: Cyclops or whatever down the line.

islandclaws
02-28-08, 07:48 PM
At one point he had to act like Fergie had talent.

Zing!

UAIOE
02-29-08, 04:12 AM
Not happy about a Black Eyed Pea(brain) being cast. I absolutely HATE when rappers are cast in black roles simply because they are popular, and also black. Why can't the filmmakers attempt to find a black guy that doesn't rap, but can act?

Halle Berry is a proven actor and yet her turn as Storm was, well....what it was.

Rogue588
02-29-08, 04:15 AM
"Proven"? rotfl

Sorry. In other news, I wonder if Deadpool will look like he does in the comics (wearing a mask and horribly scarred without it)..

UAIOE
02-29-08, 04:18 AM
I'm sorry, how many Oscars did you say you won?

Rogue588
02-29-08, 04:35 AM
One less than "proven" actress Jennifer Hudson.

Your point?

Brack
02-29-08, 05:58 AM
In other news, I wonder if Deadpool will look like he does in the comics (wearing a mask and horribly scarred without it)..

probably, but I think they should do the hologram device or whatever it is. might be a cool effect. then again, it doesn't sound like he's getting much time on the screen.

Giantrobo
02-29-08, 06:54 AM
I'm sorry, how many Oscars did you say you won?

Dude, don't bother. This site "officially" hates Halle Barry. No matter what she does or how good she does it they'll never like her. The Hatred ranges from,"I've met her and she's not nice" to "Why not? Everyone else does". :lol:

Mind you, they're far more forgiving to other Female stars who carry more "I can jerk to her pics value". :p

Also, an Oscar's worth is directly related to whether or not a person agrees with who won or lost it. If it's someone you like? Then Oscar is King. If someone you don't like won the Oscar, then it's shit and means nothing**. :lol:

**See past comments on "CRASH" winning the statuette.

Giantrobo
02-29-08, 07:03 AM
I know. And there are some exceptions to the rule, like Ice Cube (well, not anymore) and Ice T. But a guy from the BEP who has never acted before doesn't make me interested in seeing this film. In fact, it turns me off. I don't like to think that some 15 minute celeb is going to be in a film that will (hopefully) last much longer than his rap group. If Fox is trying to bait the 13-17 year old crowd, then I'm beginning to hemorrhage interest.

I kinda of agree with your problem with Flavor of the Month Rap "Actors". But then again I think Common(Smokin' Aces) is a very good. In fact, I lok forward to seeing more of his acting.

UAIOE
02-29-08, 02:09 PM

Your point?

More proven than the guy from Black Eyed Peas.

MartinBlank
02-29-08, 06:43 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/MartinBlank9mm/Part%203/439-WolverineFULL.jpg

RocShemp
03-02-08, 07:58 AM
I just hope he's all out feral in this one. In X-Men: The Last Stand, Phoenix hinted at Prof. X manipulating Logan's mind in order to "tame" him. I'm really looking foward to seeing Logan without any "positive influence" holding him back.

Jackskeleton
03-02-08, 08:27 AM

Your point?

Yo man, three six mafia is better than PTA cause hey, who has the Oscar and who doesn't?

MartinBlank
06-11-08, 09:05 PM
Wolverine WWII Set Pics!

Some set images from X-Men Origins: Wolverine have appeared online. Some sneaky people took the images at Blacksmiths Beach in Australia. Hugh Jackman was on set and it looks like they were filming a scene set in World War 2, possibly a flashback scene as Wolverine is expected to take place 15 years before the first X-Men movie.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/MartinBlank9mm/Part%204/2568625683_41339f43aa.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/MartinBlank9mm/Part%204/2569656494_1b59f45dac_b.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/MartinBlank9mm/Part%204/2569258033_42796aa990_b.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/MartinBlank9mm/Part%204/2569652426_15e5a82b85_b.jpg
Link (http://filmonic.com/wolverine-wwii-set-pics)

This should kick all sorts of ass :rock2:

Artman
06-11-08, 09:10 PM
Kinda cool but I'm confused.... X-Men was set in present day wasn't it?

Goldberg74
06-11-08, 09:21 PM
Kinda cool but I'm confused.... X-Men was set in present day wasn't it?
Logan's an old fart.

It's been revealed in the comics that he was born towards the end of the 19th century.

PopcornTreeCt
06-11-08, 09:34 PM
That's a nice surprise. Perhaps Captain America will cameo.

The Antipodean
06-11-08, 10:20 PM
No army would take you with those sideburns during WWII, bub!

Supermallet
06-11-08, 11:35 PM
That's a nice surprise. Perhaps Captain America will cameo.

Wolverine is still a Fox property and not part of the new Marvel Studios venture.

PopcornTreeCt
06-11-08, 11:53 PM
Wolverine is still a Fox property and not part of the new Marvel Studios venture.

Thanks Debbie Downer. :)

Supermallet
06-12-08, 12:00 AM
They only call me that on the weekends.

My Other Self
06-12-08, 12:05 AM
Wolverine is still a Fox property and not part of the new Marvel Studios venture.Elektra it is, then. ;)

reubs82
06-12-08, 07:50 AM
I hope this doesn't suck and that it can wash off the stink of X3.

Giantrobo
06-12-08, 08:15 AM
I think those pics are great! I think his origin will shock many casual X-movie fans.

I'm also looking forward to Magneto. :up:

Giantrobo
06-12-08, 08:18 AM
No army would take you with those sideburns during WWII, bub!

:lol: yeah it's like seeing Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, and M*A*S*H with characters wearing 70's and 80's style hair. :lol:

islandclaws
06-12-08, 11:39 AM
So far it looks pretty cool to me. I have high hopes they'll make this one kick-ass in order to quell the fires started by X3... but I'll reserve any judgement until the first trailer hits.

My Other Self
06-12-08, 12:08 PM
So far it looks pretty cool to me. I have high hopes they'll make this one kick-ass in order to quell the fires started by X3... but I'll reserve any judgement until the first trailer hits.It focuses on Logan, and has Gambit and Deadpool. Sounds better already to me.

Big Boy Laroux
06-12-08, 01:40 PM
Casting on IMDB says it'll have Kevin Durand as the Blob. How is Keamy gonna be the Blob?

And Tim Riggins as Gambit? Interesting...

sounds like a great cast, and it should help to forget X3.

RyoHazuki
06-12-08, 01:42 PM
Deadpool and Sabertooth = My ass in a seat opening weekend.

Please don't ruin Deadpool like they ruined Venom. Pretty pretty please Marvel.

Zodiac_Speaking
06-12-08, 02:52 PM
I have a feel this is going to rock...

Rogue588
06-12-08, 03:09 PM
Deadpool and Sabertooth = My ass in a seat opening weekend.

Please don't ruin Deadpool like they ruined Venom. Pretty pretty please Marvel.$5 says he's in black leather and not wearing a mask and resembles pretty-boy Ryan Reynolds...

Zodiac_Speaking
06-12-08, 04:28 PM
He has to wear a mask-he's disfigured.

cranberries fan
06-12-08, 09:42 PM
Are sure those pics are from the Wolverine Movie?

I mean World War 2 I would have guess Vietnam for Logan.

Jackskeleton
06-12-08, 09:48 PM
he's really really old. In the comics he's fought along side Captain America in WWII.

Rogue588
06-13-08, 01:34 AM
He has to wear a mask-he's disfigured.Uhhh, that's my point. I don't see what you said happening. I know he wears a mask and that he's disfigured but, do you really think they paid good $$$ for a slight "name" actor to be covered up in a mask for the entire flick? Look how many times Spider-Man had his mask off during the SM trilogy. By the end of SM3, the only person that didn't know Peter Parker was Spidey was probably Stan Lee...

(Now, granted some might consider Maguire more of a "name" than Reynolds, and Spidey was the focus of those pics, but i'll stand by my comparison - there's no way they won't do something to change up Deadpool's appearance to reflect the casting of a "name" actor...)

rexinnih
06-13-08, 07:50 AM
he's really really old. In the comics he's fought along side Captain America in WWII.

I am so out of touch with comics. Hopefully this movie will rock. Looks good so far.

ytrez
06-13-08, 08:04 AM
I am so out of touch with comics. Hopefully this movie will rock. Looks good so far.

A quick comic lesson for the movie fans then:

Remember, Wolverine's mutant ability isn't the fact that he has claws, those were surgically implanted.

Wolverine has a healing factor which makes him very difficult to kill. Slice him open and his body heals itself. Shoot him in the head, same thing. It was this ability that made possible the surgery which laced his skeleton with super-hard adamantium and gave him his claws.

As a result of his healing factor, Wolverine ages very slowing. As his cells degenerate with aging they simply heal. Thus he was able to participate in WWII as the pictures above show.

XavierMike
06-13-08, 08:55 AM
Just a nit pick, but aren't his claws natural? Didn't Magneto rip his adamantium out, and he still had them?

Groucho
06-13-08, 09:01 AM
As a result of his healing factor, Wolverine ages very slowing. As his cells degenerate with aging they simply heal. Thus he was able to participate in WWII as the pictures above show.Yet, remarkably, in the movies he aged noticeably between X1, X2, and X3. And in this prequel, he looks even old than he did in X3! ;)

ConVerse
06-13-08, 09:11 AM
Uhhh, that's my point. I don't see what you said happening. I know he wears a mask and that he's disfigured but, do you really think they paid good $$$ for a slight "name" actor to be covered up in a mask for the entire flick? Look how many times Spider-Man had his mask off during the SM trilogy. By the end of SM3, the only person that didn't know Peter Parker was Spidey was probably Stan Lee...

(Now, granted some might consider Maguire more of a "name" than Reynolds, and Spidey was the focus of those pics, but i'll stand by my comparison - there's no way they won't do something to change up Deadpool's appearance to reflect the casting of a "name" actor...)

Deadpool's disfigured face is something they can't get around. If they try, it won't be authentic. I don't know too much about the comics, but from the few pictures i've seen of him without his mask on, he looks like Freddy Krueger. I can see them toning it down a little bit. Give him scars on his face, but not completely covered.

Giantrobo
06-13-08, 09:24 AM
Yet, remarkably, in the movies he aged noticeably between X1, X2, and X3. And in this prequel, he looks even old than he did in X3! ;)

Wow, somebody was really checkin' Hugh out. ;)

If ya'll really want to nitpick then let's talk about how Wolverine has always been portrayed in the comics as a short scrappy bastard. Yet in the films, Logan is taller than most of the other X-men. :lol:

fumanstan
06-13-08, 09:55 AM
Just a nit pick, but aren't his claws natural? Didn't Magneto rip his adamantium out, and he still had them?

Yeah, I have the comic where his bone claws first come out.

dom56
06-13-08, 10:19 AM
I think Clancy Brown should have been cast as Sabertooth IMO.

http://images.wikia.com/lost/images/a/a4/ClancyBrown.jpg

solipsta
06-13-08, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I have the comic where his bone claws first come out.
Which one is it?

I've always known him as vtrez explained him. He had this natural healing, so was experimented on and given the adamantium structure and claws. I remember frames where his claws were ripping through his skin.

fumanstan
06-13-08, 12:07 PM
Which one is it?

I've always known him as vtrez explained him. He had this natural healing, so was experimented on and given the adamantium structure and claws. I remember frames where his claws were ripping through his skin.

Wolverine #75, shortly after the adamantium is ripped out. He goes back in the Danger room to prove that he's still got it, starts getting beat up, and then with some rage the claws shoot out as bone and he starts bleeding all over the place, and all the X-Men were shocked since they thought the claws were added.

I thought it was a pretty cool panel too. I'm not sure what was explained after, since I stopped reading comics shortly after. Maybe they explained it further. Although I have this comic too and thought the cover was pretty awesome after Cyber smashes his claws.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/3865_4_0079.jpg

MartinBlank
06-13-08, 02:00 PM
I always hated Kubert's shit...the black "eyes". I forget, was that Andy or Adam, one was good and one sucked. The sucky one did the Wolverine Origin books.

Supermallet
06-13-08, 05:17 PM
Deadpool's disfigured face is something they can't get around. If they try, it won't be authentic. I don't know too much about the comics, but from the few pictures i've seen of him without his mask on, he looks like Freddy Krueger. I can see them toning it down a little bit. Give him scars on his face, but not completely covered.

Yes, because Fox is so concerned with keeping the X-Men authentic.

Decker
06-14-08, 02:06 AM
I keep coming back to the same thought : Hugh Jackman would have no career if Dougray Scott hadn't been called back to New South Wales for reshoots for MI 2. After suffering though a miserable season of Desperate Housewives with him, I can only say "Thank you John Woo! Your slavish devotion to slow motion action sequences saved X-men".

bee_01
06-14-08, 04:10 AM
I always hated Kubert's shit...the black "eyes". I forget, was that Andy or Adam, one was good and one sucked. The sucky one did the Wolverine Origin books.

That's Adam.

Here's a nice pic by Andy:
http://www.dccomics.com/media/desktop_patterns/Batman_655_Andy_Kubert_1280x1024.jpg

DarkestPhoenix
06-14-08, 05:09 AM
I think those pics are great! I think his origin will shock many casual X-movie fans.

I'm also looking forward to Magneto. :up:

I think it would be awesome if Wolvie liberated Mags' concentration camp, especially considering their later conflict...

I don't know...maybe a Cap cameo isn't impossible...A Vietnam movie would also be bitchin', 'cuz then you could incorporate the Punisher...Hearts of Darkness, peeps...

ConVerse
06-16-08, 10:51 AM
Yes, because Fox is so concerned with keeping the X-Men authentic.

Good point

The Bus
06-16-08, 12:14 PM
After suffering though a miserable season of Desperate Housewives with him, I can only say "Thank you John Woo! Your slavish devotion to slow motion action sequences saved X-men".

RyoHazuki
06-16-08, 01:39 PM
I don't see what you said happening. I know he wears a mask and that he's disfigured but, do you really think they paid good $$$ for a slight "name" actor to be covered up in a mask for the entire flick? http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/7/74/320px-Baldwin_IV_Scott.jpg

Supermallet
06-16-08, 02:44 PM
Ridley Scott =/= Wolverine spin-off movie.

RyoHazuki
06-16-08, 11:25 PM
Ridley Scott may have more pull than whoever is directing this but its not that unlikely that Reynolds will be covered up the whole film (and disfigured when unmasked).

Lara Means
06-17-08, 02:45 AM
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/667/667856/ultimate-wolverine-vs-hulk-20051117010529051.jpg

aJOHNymous
07-25-08, 01:06 PM
pics from comic con teaser trailer courtesy of a poster on the SHH forums:

wolverine & sabretooth
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/jbc429/vlcsnap-1286521.png
Blob
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/jbc429/vlcsnap-1286951.png
emma frost
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/jbc429/vlcsnap-1281795.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/jbc429/vlcsnap-1293473.png
deadpool
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/jbc429/vlcsnap-1287077.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/jbc429/vlcsnap-1287183.png
young wolverine
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/jbc429/vlcsnap-1277815.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/jbc429/vlcsnap-1278028.png
gambit
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/jbc429/vlcsnap-1274427.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/jbc429/vlcsnap-1289862.png

Artman
07-25-08, 01:13 PM
I thought he got his claws when they put the adamantium(or whatever) in him? (which would make him kinda boring before that imo) So what's the origin for those?

aJOHNymous
07-25-08, 01:16 PM
I thought he got his claws when they put the adamantium(or whatever) in him? (which would make him kinda boring before that imo) So what's the origin for those?

Perhaps I am mistaken (been a while since I've read Wolverine) but I think he has always had bone claws within the adamantium claws. Remember in the comics when Magneto ripped the adamantium from Wolverine's skeleton and left him with bone claws?

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/3865_4_0075.jpg

fumanstan
07-25-08, 01:19 PM
Yes, read a few posts above and there was some discussion on this a month ago.

majorjoe23
07-25-08, 02:25 PM
Is that Ryan Reynolds with swords? I guess he isn't scarred then?

DarkestPhoenix
07-25-08, 02:50 PM
Trailer's up...this looks awesome!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QouNeQOmhIY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QouNeQOmhIY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rogue588
07-25-08, 03:19 PM
Wow. That was funny.

And by "funny" I mean stupid. Thank god for YouTube.

redrum
07-28-08, 03:18 AM
looks damn good.

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m35/lynn138/Comic-Con/?action=view&current=Comicon098.flv

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m35/lynn138/Comic-Con/?action=view&current=Comicon099.flv

The Antipodean
07-28-08, 03:59 AM
Wasn't too excited about this at first, but a cool preview.

Rogue588
07-28-08, 05:09 AM
meh.

i'm just about tapped out when it comes to "James" and the multiple stupid origins that various "writers" have given him. even less then thrilled when the fangirls (or boys with high pitched voices) screeched at the sight of Gambit.

zero
07-28-08, 05:12 AM
Someone want to explain to me why Deadpool isn't all crispy?

Star Wars Guy
07-28-08, 06:58 AM
I hope it's better than what that trailer showed. I'll probably wait for rental on this.

FantasticVSDoom
07-28-08, 07:59 AM
even less then thrilled when the fangirls (or boys with high pitched voices) screeched at the sight of Gambit.
I agree...

Superman07
07-28-08, 08:41 AM
I'd wait until an official trailer is out. The crowd noise is really a drawback. :(

Looks better than X3, but don't know if that is saying much. Hopefully this isn't an X3ing of Wolverine though.

Artman
07-28-08, 09:26 AM
I think it looks great, better than any other spin-off movie at least. My only question is whether this would make Wolvie's reactions to the X-Men in the first movie not make as much sense. Maybe he was just surprised Xavier's school was as pure and good as it was, compared to what he'd been through earlier?

rexinnih
07-28-08, 09:37 AM
Nice preview. Looking forward to this.

fumanstan
07-28-08, 12:15 PM
Looks kinda neat.

<--- squealed for Gambit :p

zero
07-28-08, 12:25 PM
I think it looks great, better than any other spin-off movie at least. My only question is whether this would make Wolvie's reactions to the X-Men in the first movie not make as much sense. Maybe he was just surprised Xavier's school was as pure and good as it was, compared to what he'd been through earlier?

Not to mention his reactions to Sabertooth.

My Other Self
07-28-08, 12:36 PM
Gambit + Deadpool in a movie focused on Wolvie is more than enough for me.

fumanstan
07-28-08, 12:39 PM
Not to mention his reactions to Sabertooth.

Well, at the start of X-Men it seemed like he forgot most of his past already so it isn't too big of a deal. Sabertooth, on the otherhand, has a clear look of recognition, especially with Wolvie's dogtags.

islandclaws
07-28-08, 01:20 PM
Just watched the footage. Looks badass. If they really pull it off I could see this being as good as, if not better, than X2. Wolverine has always been the main draw factor for the X-Men films, so a film focused entirely on his character, done right, has great potential. Much more so than, say, the proposed Magento film.

TheNightFlier
07-28-08, 01:40 PM
Definitely looking forward to this after that footage.

Son of Odin
07-28-08, 03:08 PM
this will suck big if it's rated pg-13. the wolverine and sabretooth character's are the bloodiest characters in comics. leave it to Fox to screw up this franchise. the day marvel studios gets the x-men franchise back is the day that these characters will resemble the source material. gambit and blob had no, let me repeat no connection to wolverine's past.

fumanstan
07-28-08, 03:17 PM
this will suck big if it's rated pg-13. the wolverine and sabretooth character's are the bloodiest characters in comics. leave it to Fox to screw up this franchise. the day marvel studios gets the x-men franchise back is the day that these characters will resemble the source material. gambit and blob had no, let me repeat no connection to wolverine's past.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's not one studio that would have made this movie rated R.

pinata242
07-28-08, 03:29 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's not one studio that would have made this movie rated R.
But it's got Blob so it's already rated R for retarded!

Seriously, why can't people just wait to judge a finished product before they bitch? It's just a never-ending cycle and it's rather tiresome.

Doc MacGyver
07-28-08, 03:29 PM
Well, at the start of X-Men it seemed like he forgot most of his past already so it isn't too big of a deal. Sabertooth, on the otherhand, has a clear look of recognition, especially with Wolvie's dogtags.

Agreed. Plus, when Wolverine catched Sabertooth's scent after the crash, he immediately pops his claws. You could argue that he would have done this if he caught any strange scent, but I always looked at it more like a sense memory. While his memories of past encounters with Sabertooth may be gone, the instinct of "this scent = trouble" led him to take a defensive posture.

By the by - if Leiv Shriber knocks Sabertooth out of the park, any chance we could digitally insert him over Tyler Mane in future X-men rereleases? ;)

Seriously, why can't people just wait to judge a finished product before they bitch? It's just a never-ending cycle and it's rather tiresome.

:toast:

-Doc

Son of Odin
07-28-08, 03:50 PM
then they shouldn't be doing it. alot of r-rated movies have banked large at the box office so the rating is meaningless. it's a skip for me. been reading wolverine since barry windsor-smith was writing him, the guy rips guts out of enemies, severs heads, limbs, ect..... could you imagine sin city rated pg-13. could you imagine marv being nuetered. it would've sucked hard.

stingermck
07-28-08, 03:54 PM
I enjoyed the "Cut your God Damn head off" line. Theres still hope for a "God Damn Batman!"

Giantrobo
07-28-08, 04:11 PM
I thought the trailer looked great and I'm looking forward to this. :up: I'm also a fan of the Gambit character so even though I didn't scream out loud, I was really excited to see him.

Speaking of screams....I don't get all the, "the audience screams" comments and all that. What does that have to do with anything?

Giantrobo
07-28-08, 04:14 PM

[Morpheus] Welcome....to the INTER...NETS [/Morpehus]

Mondo Kane
07-28-08, 04:16 PM
could you imagine sin city rated pg-13. could you imagine marv being nuetered. it would've sucked hard.

Speaking of which...Did anybody check out Sin City yesterday on MTV? I was curious to see how much butchering the edit job was gonna be, but to my surprise, only 2 violent shots were edited from "Hard Goodbye". The axe wound to the head and the dog eating it's owner. That's it! If they were able to get away with that much on an edited version, then it looks like the line between Pg-13 and an R will get very blurry soon.

Back to Wolverine, it does look a little overcrowded for a solo character movie. But hopefully my Wolvie/Sabretooth comics will now rise in value.

RichC2
07-28-08, 04:19 PM
Speaking of which...Did anybody check out Sin City yesterday on MTV? I was curious to see how much butchering the edit job was gonna be, but to my surprise, only 2 violent shots were edited from "Hard Goodbye". The axe wound to the head and the dog eating it's owner. That's it! If they were able to get away with that much on an edited version, then it looks like the line between Pg-13 and an R will get very blurry soon.

Back to Wolverine, it does look a little overcrowded for a solo character movie. But hopefully my Wolvie/Sabretooth comics will now rise in value.

MTV could show it uncensored if they really wanted to, it's Cable, no restrictions except self-imposed ones.

Doc MacGyver
07-28-08, 04:40 PM

I'm guessing they also framed out my two favorite parts of that movie (both belonging to Miss Gugino :eyebrow: )

-Doc

lopper
07-28-08, 04:58 PM
yap yap yap. it's a skip for me. yap yap yap

Bull shit. You'll see it.

taffer
07-28-08, 05:03 PM
the wolverine and sabretooth character's are the bloodiest characters in comics.

-screwy-

If by "comics" you mean only X-men related comics, then possibly.

If by "comics" you mean all comics, then no.

Son of Odin
07-28-08, 06:01 PM
-screwy-

If by "comics" you mean only X-men related comics, then possibly.

If by "comics" you mean all comics, then no.

In all comics. Wolverine in his solo book is not the same tame wolverine that plays all nice with xavier and his brood. the wolverine titles are some of the hardest stuff in marvel, DC, dark horse, ect....never confuse the marvel knight titles/max titles to the rest of the marvel titles.

MartinBlank
07-28-08, 06:09 PM
this will suck big if it's rated pg-13. the wolverine and sabretooth character's are the bloodiest characters in comics.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/MartinBlank9mm/Part%204/cassidy.jpg

:wave:

Giantrobo
07-28-08, 06:12 PM
In all comics. Wolverine in his solo book is not the same tame wolverine that plays all nice with xavier and his brood. the wolverine titles are some of the hardest stuff in marvel, DC, dark horse, ect....never confuse the marvel knight titles/max titles to the rest of the marvel titles.

I haven't read much Wolverine stuff but back when I was kinda into Marvel back around 1988, I read "Meltdown" a mini featuring Wolverine and Havok. Well I'll never forget a scene where Logan sneaks up behind a guard, puts one hand on top of the guy's head, and a fist against the back of his head. In the next frame he releases the claws from his closed fist right through the back of the guy's head.

That said, I still don't think Wolverine is the Bloodiest in all comics. Maybe for the "big 2" but still....

superdeluxe
07-28-08, 06:21 PM

what you think marvel is going to release a comic book movie with a Rated R? Really?

taffer
07-28-08, 06:28 PM

You listed the Big Three publishers. There are plenty of independent comics that are far bloodier. And even the Marvel/DC imprints like Max (which you mentioned) are bloodier.

stingermck
07-28-08, 06:28 PM
Bloodiest character in comics, Marvel, and rated R? This guy:

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/760/punishzt3.jpg

Goldberg74
07-28-08, 08:59 PM

[Agent J]Aw hell naw... we did it in MIB first![/Agent J]

Son of Odin
07-28-08, 09:47 PM
Wanted, Sin City, and 300 were based off graphic novels and they banked big at the B.O. Those properties weren't close to as popular as Wolverine is. I'm just saying the daredevil r-rated director's cut was excellent so keep those hard-edged heroes faithful and you can't go wrong.

Solid Snake
07-28-08, 10:00 PM
No, the DD film, regardless of which cut it was, was not good. It was sub par. In fact it may be the worst of our current crop of Superhero films along with Blade: Trinity, X3, and the FF films.

majorjoe23
07-28-08, 10:06 PM
Marvel wants Wolverine in cartoons and on underoos, they won't make it R.

Other than a few rare instances, there hasn't been much in Wolverine comics more intense than a PG-13.

bee_01
07-29-08, 02:31 AM
This better be in the movie or no sale.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/511/wolviebloodqm7.jpg

toddly6666
07-31-08, 08:44 PM
for those that missed the clip before it got removed. Here's another one:
http://www.badtaste.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4572&Itemid=87

kenny79
07-31-08, 09:36 PM

Well, now that his head's gone, yeah, he's pretty bloody.

NoirFan
11-26-08, 04:19 PM
From Coming Soon (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=50852): We have officially confirmed with 20th Century Fox that the first trailer for Wolverine will hit theaters with the studio's The Day the Earth Stood Still on December 12. The trailer will be exclusively available in theaters and will not debut online or on TV until some time later. Be sure to check your local paper or online for theater listings!

NoirFan
11-29-08, 10:27 AM
First pic of Gambit, from Empire magazine:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd114/besh1/gambitwolverine-440x456.jpg

superdeluxe
11-29-08, 10:36 AM
He looks pretty close to what I thought Gambit would look like.

Artman
11-29-08, 11:55 AM
Looks like Bryan Singer with long hair.

stingermck
11-29-08, 12:19 PM
Hugh Jackman has revealed that he will happily walk away from Wolverine if the movie based on the character flops next year.

The actor said that if audiences do not like X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which is released in the US on May 1, he will not play the role again.

''If it's clear to us on May 2 or 3 that [the appeal's] gone, then I'll walk away happily," he told Moviehole.

''I'm not going to flog something, or flog a dead horse, or try and make movies that people don't really want to go and see. I have no interest in that, no matter how much I love the character."

However, Jackman expressed an interest in making a follow-up to the picture if it performs well at the box office.

"There's a few storylines that are running my head which I think would be really cool, but unless the script is right, then I just don’t see the point in doing it," he said.

"I'm probably at the point in my career where I don't need it, and the last thing I want to do is just to push it on people if it doesn't warrant a full feature movie."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a137052/jackman-ready-to-leave-wolverine-behind.html?imdb

RocShemp
11-30-08, 01:06 AM
Any new pics of this released?

Solid Snake
11-30-08, 01:13 PM
Looks like Bryan Singer with long hair.

That's what it kinda looks like...how odd....

ConVerse
12-02-08, 01:25 PM
I'm ready to see the Deadpool pictures.

mdc3000
12-02-08, 02:47 PM
I've heard lots of shit about the Gambit pic, but I don't see it as a big deal, just Taylor Kitsch in a purple shirt tossing a card... I think Kitsch is awesome on Friday Night Lights and can't wait to see what he brings to this movie... and I agree with ConVerse, the thing I'm most looking forward to is the Merc with a Mouth!

fumanstan
12-02-08, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I don't think a single still pic is enough to really judge much. I'm more curious to see him in action, tossing cards, bo staff, etc. :)

Solid Snake
12-02-08, 03:30 PM
he does some of that stuff in the trailer. Also....from what we see in the trailer as well is that Deadpool still isn't his physically fucked up self yet. Hopefully he gets a face of fucked up on himself.

chris_sc77
12-13-08, 04:13 PM
Bootlegged trailer: (get it while u can..)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sm10EmTe_c

mdc3000
12-13-08, 05:20 PM
That bootleg trailer is pretty hard on the eyes, so I can't make a good judgement, but they are making this look WAY too serious and WAY too epic... ie. this movie doesn't look like much FUN at all.

Brack
12-13-08, 05:32 PM
They can't all be Punisher: War Zone quality.

Ranger
12-13-08, 06:53 PM
The trailer will be officially online tomorrow, right?

I saw it earlier today, still kind of sitting on the fence. I don't think it had any Deadpool.

fumanstan
12-13-08, 10:25 PM
It looked like they had the same quick shot of Reynolds swinging some swords that was in the previous Comic Con teaser.

FinkPish
12-14-08, 12:16 AM
That bootleg trailer is pretty hard on the eyes, so I can't make a good judgement, but they are making this look WAY too serious and WAY too epic... ie. this movie doesn't look like much FUN at all.

Yeah, because that whole serious and epic approach didn't work at all for The Dark Knight.

I wouldn't want a fun, bright, shiny "Iron Man" type comic book movie for Wolverine; the character and especially the origin story just don't lend themselves to that. I would hope that this is more of a character-driven movie rather than a straight up action flick.

My Other Self
12-14-08, 05:47 AM
Yeah, because that whole serious and epic approach didn't work at all for The Dark Knight.

I wouldn't want a fun, bright, shiny "Iron Man" type comic book movie for Wolverine; the character and especially the origin story just don't lend themselves to that. I would hope that this is more of a character-driven movie rather than a straight up action flick.Absolutely. Knowing the subject matter and the depth of the character, a film in TDK vein would bide much better than something cheery.. this isn't another X-Men flick, thank God.

DonnachaOne
12-14-08, 06:32 AM
Underwhelming Wolverine trailer is underwhelming.

stingermck
12-14-08, 06:50 AM
Trailer was awesome, especially the shots of Gambit, floating cards, and his glowing bo staff.

edstein
12-14-08, 10:43 AM
That trailer looked good to me. Was that Blob in the fighting ring?

mdc3000
12-14-08, 01:10 PM

Which is exactly the point - they're going to market EVERY comic book movie like The Dark Knight from now on regardless... hell, they're even going to 'darken' certain characters just for the sake of hoping to repeat TDK's success. I'm not saying it has to be a Fantastic Four level of lite, I'm just saying that a Wolverine movie should be a badass fun time at the movies and they're making this thing look like Saving Private Ryan. (and dark doesn't negate fun - The Dark Knight was not only a great movie but it had it's fun moments too, I'm just saying the trailer didn't inspire me to say "I NEED TO SEE THIS NOW!")

Brack
12-14-08, 01:12 PM
^^^ I don't think anyone is taking the trailer that way. It's not going for the Oscar or anything.

The Antipodean
12-14-08, 01:35 PM
One thing I know is that I just saw director Gavin Hood's "Tsotsi" a few days back and boy, that was a pretty great piece of work. It's interesting he was chosen rather than a Brett Ratner or somesuch to direct this.

FinkPish
12-14-08, 01:57 PM
One thing I know is that I just saw director Gavin Hood's "Tsotsi" a few days back and boy, that was a pretty great piece of work. It's interesting he was chosen rather than a Brett Ratner or somesuch to direct this.

I believe Hugh Jackman stipulated that he wouldn't do the project unless he had his pick of director. I think Gavin Hood is a really interesting choice and I'm really curious to see what he was able to do with this, assuming the geniuses over at Fox didn't get in his way.

mdc3000
12-14-08, 02:48 PM
I've heard reports that Tom Rothman had been having a few battles with Hood, so we'll have to wait and see who won out. Tsotsi was a great film - but Rendition, not so much. We'll have to see which Hood showed up to direct this one ;)

LorenzoL
12-14-08, 07:57 PM
The trailer has been pulled.

MBoyd
12-14-08, 08:31 PM
http://runrunhero.com/viewthread.php?tid=18389&extra=page%3D1

Wolverine movie action figures . . . Dead Pool, Wolverine and Gambit all look very much in their comic book costumes . . .

fumanstan
12-14-08, 08:52 PM
Those look a little too much like their comic book costumes to make me think they're truly based on the movie... especially Wolvie in the brown suit and Maverick.

MBoyd
12-14-08, 09:05 PM
I thought the same, but there it is . . . maybe a preliminary mock-up? If this is before the X Men movies I guess Wolverine could have his brown costume . . .

K&AJones
12-14-08, 10:18 PM
I caught the trailer at The Day the Earth Stood Still and it appeared more action packed than the previous XMen. It was good to see "Gambit" but I'll have to polish up on all the others.

Spaeking of trailers the others were bad including one "Watchmen".

Kenny J

TRC
12-15-08, 12:26 AM
http://runrunhero.com/viewthread.php?tid=18389&extra=page%3D1

Wolverine movie action figures . . . Dead Pool, Wolverine and Gambit all look very much in their comic book costumes . . .

It's common practice for action figure lines based on comic book movies to include characters taken from the comics that aren't actually in the movie. For example The Dark Knight toyline has Deathstroke and Firefly figures and the Iron Man line has Titanium Man and several variants of Iron Man's armor including War Machine and Captain America inspired armors.

Draven
12-15-08, 11:04 AM
Let me see if this works:

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=48138606">Wolverine</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=48138606,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=48138606,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

I think this looks awesome. Gambit, Deadpool, the Blob, couple of other people I can't place. Just badass from start to finish.

Mondo Kane
12-15-08, 11:12 AM
^It works. Thanks!

mdc3000
12-15-08, 12:02 PM
OK, I'll admit I was wrong. That shitty youtube version really obscured the action (the cool Gambit stuff etc.) and watching the HD version of the trailer, this does look pretty damn good and looks like the action will be very entertaining. That'll teach me not to wait for a high quality version to make judgement.... my only complaint about that trailer is not enough Deadpool.

Zen Peckinpah
12-15-08, 12:21 PM
As someone who likes the first, loves the second, and completely despises the third film, all I can say is HOLY SHIT. This movie looks bitchin'. Danny Huston looks like he's going to make this one.

The Bus
12-15-08, 12:39 PM
Danny Huston :up:

Who's Deadpool? The Asian guy who shoots Wolverine in the face? And who's the vampire?

My X-Men skills are rusty. :lol:

If there's a sequel, I hope we get Omega Red.

DonnachaOne
12-15-08, 12:57 PM
Deadpool is the very generic-looking guy in red played by Ryan Reynolds swinging swords about. "The Vampire" is Sabretooth. Not a vampire.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0