Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

My first draft...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-08, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first draft...

Hey friends,

So the last couple years of late night lurking and DVD collecting has earned me some friends here. I just finished the first draft of my book the other day and thought some of you might want to take a peek at it. You can download it for free on www.shanesipp.com . give it a read, tell me what you think. It does have a lot of adult content so i wouldnt reccommend it for the younger readers.

Oh, by the way it's about basketball, growing up, raising consciousness and most importantly fart jokes.

Enjoy,

Shane
Old 06-09-08, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hey man, if you've ever got aspirations of publishing your manuscript (it's not a book yet, it's a manuscript), don't put it up online. Could really hurt you down the road (assuming its publishable, of course).

If it's something you did more as a lark or just for fun, that warning doesn't matter, obviously.
Old 06-09-08, 12:50 AM

My original plan was to self publish it, but I couldnt even get my friends to read it No one had time to edit it, and sadly i just kinda gave up on trying to make a buck off it. By giving it away for free I'm hoping a couple people will read it, get a good chuckle out of it, and drop me a line to say either 'you rock dude,' or 'thanks for wasting my time.'

Shane
Old 06-09-08, 12:57 AM

I read the first few pages and liked it a lot. I'm gonna try and read it all tomorrow. I'll tell you what I think.
Old 06-09-08, 01:25 AM

dlinke01- Thank you so much! I hope you like it! Ive been told that the middle of the book is by far the best (and most outlandish) So, i hope you make it that far! Look forward to hearing back from you!

Shane