Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

LOST -- "There's No Place Like Home Pts. 2 & 3" -- 05.29.2008

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-28-08, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"There's No Place Like Home Pts. 2 & 3"

The face-off between the survivors and the freighter people continues, and the Oceanic Six find themselves closer to rescue.
Old 05-28-08, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

12:01... wow.
Old 05-29-08, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by John Slider
12:01... wow.
It's not even midnight for me! At any rate, I've managed to avoid reading spoilers until now, so I'm officially on an internet embargo until after this airs!
Old 05-29-08, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
I wonder how the ratings will be for this. I know it gets roughly 11-12M viewers a week, but it's the only original program left from the major 3 networks. I think it should easily dominate the evening.
Old 05-29-08, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't even know this was going to be 2 hours tonight, cool.
Old 05-29-08, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I work at 3am 3 days a week.....should I sacrifice to watch tonight??
Old 05-29-08, 05:38 AM

LOST is worth sacrificing your job. I say do it!
Old 05-29-08, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunately one of my jackass co-workers decided to start telling us about all these "spoilers" he read yesterday. We cut him off pretty quickly. I will still never understand why people want to know every single part before it airs. Isn't not knowing what crazy crap happens next the best part of watching a show like this?
Old 05-29-08, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can't wait!

Although it's a bittersweet feeling, considering it'll be another loooooooong wait for season 5.
Old 05-29-08, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Puzznic
I didn't even know this was going to be 2 hours tonight, cool.
Also I've read that the "enhanced" repeat of part 1 at 8PM EST will include additional footage yet not aired ... so you may want to set yourself up for three hours on the old TiVo (and definitely PAD the end by 5 minutes)!

That said... can't wait! Happy dance!
Old 05-29-08, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Dark UFO has several clips from tonight's episode:

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/

Navigate to the second page.

I'd particularly avoid the Charlotte clip as

Spoiler:
apparently, she's been to the island before

There is also PLENTY OF spoilers there, so be careful.

Finale spoilers:

Spoiler:
Episodes 4.13 and 4.14: There's No Place Like Home, Parts 2 & 3 (Season finale, part 2)
Airdate: May 29, 2008 from 9 to 11 p.m.

* 05/15 - Not only is the kiss spectacular, but according to a very solid source, it's the kind of liplock that "stops f---ing time" and "makes the entire world vanish in the moment." There's a fair amount of blood shed in next week's two-hour capper. And there's at least one significant death. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* 05/15 - Summary of the preview shown during the Upfronts: Two pilots are at the helm of a transport plane, maybe a C-17. One chastises the other for clinging to his lucky charm; the one holding the rabbit's foot says he has to be extra vigilant considering the cargo they are carrying. These two are piloting a Coast Guard transport that's bringing the Oceanic Six back to the mainland. Michelle Forbes is an Oceanic Airlines rep, strapped into the jump seat immediately behind the pilots. The pilots tell Forbes they're approaching the Tarmac. She goes back into the cargo hold where Jack, Hurley, Sayid, Sun and Kate are strapped in to passenger seats. Kate is holding Aaron. Michelle Forbes tells the Six the press wants to talk to them, but she can get them out of it. Jack speaks for the group and says that's fine, they're prepared to answer any questions. Michelle Forbes leaves, tottering back to the cockpit in her stilettos. Jack says they all know the story, but if they get any questions they can't answer, the press will just assume they're in shock. Sun: "Jack, we are in shock." Sun and Sayid do look like they're in shock, whereas Kate just looks generally devastated. Aaron is wearing an insanely adorable little overall jumper. The plane lands, and the gangplank is lowered. The Six exit the back of the transport. Mama Reyes, Papa and Mama Paik and Mama Shephard are all waiting. All three clans are overjoyed to see each other. Sayid and Kate have no families greeting them. Hugo jumps back after hugging his mom hello and introduces Sayid, who gets the full family hug treatment. Kate, who looks especially freckly for some reason, holds on tight to baby Aaron and looks around, all alone. I know that Sam Austen is probably supposed to be in Iraq or something (the background soldiers in "Something Nice Back Home"), and I know her mom is perpetually dying, but she's all alone, and it shows. Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 05/15 - The face-off between the survivors and the freighter people continues, and the Oceanic Six find themselves closer to rescue. Guest starring are Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Ken Leung as Miles Straume, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, John Terry as Christian Shephard, Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Kevin Durand as Keamy, Francois Chau as Dr. Marvin Candle, Anthony Azizi as Omar, Alex Petrovitch as Henrik and Starletta DuPois as Michael's mom. Source: ABC
* 05/05 - Lost headed way out to Wai'anae, the arid, rural west coast of O'ahu. They established a base camp at Wai'anae Regional Park, and enlisted a handful of boats to carry equipment and crew across Pokai Bay... Action is called, and the stars get wet. Jorge Garcia, Yunjun Kim, Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly, Naveen Andrews and Henry Ian Cusick swim toward a large, octagonal raft through some debris. In several takes, Hurley - clutching a doll that's most likely playing Aaron - helps pull Kate, Sun, and Sayid aboard. But Jack and Desmond take a little longer to reach them. And Desmond is holding someone who's not moving. Source: The Transmission
* 05/05 - I'm hearing there's a supersecret Sawyer scene in the finale. Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 05/05 - Scaling down somewhat from the huge shoot at Kalaeloa on Wednesday, the Lost crew headed out to upscale East Honolulu today to film at a mansion in Kahala. Specifically, they returned to Hurley's mansion as last seen in "Tricia Tanaka is Dead," a $5.5 million property that's actually on the market. There wasn't much to see from the street, but when a group of extras made a run for craft services they were impossible to miss. Party hats, loud shirts, a couple of cheesy plastic lei. it certainly looked as if Hurley has something to celebrate. Word is it was a surprise party for Hurley's birthday, and in attendance were Sayid and Nadia, and Kate and Aaron. Source: The Transmission
* 04/24 - [...] It was the return of the Oceanic Si . The moment when Jack, Sayid, Hurley, Sun, Kate, and Aaron arrive back in the real world, a moment that the flash forwards seem to have been building backwards toward since the end of Season 3. Their rescue is as huge a media circus as you'd imagine, with a throng of reporters and photographers on hand as they step off the plane. A military transport plane. That brought them back to the United States. Via Honolulu. Actually, the dramatic disembarkation was to be filmed later. But today's filming focused on an elaborate Oceanic Airlines-coordinated press conference. Or, as my two sources put it, "a big press con." The world's media was there for answers, as well as several familiar faces: Veronica Hamel (Margo Shephard), Cheech Marin (David Reyes) and Lillian Hurst (Carmen Reyes). But as Lost fans know, the answers they got merely raised more questions. Ms. Austen, how old is Aaron? Ms. Kwon, what happened to your husband? Mr. Reyes, what of your fortune, and this hefty airline settlement? The answers they give, I dare not tell. But suffice it to say, the press is as skeptical of the official story as Lost toughest fans. (And Hurley's hackles are raised by a query that's been raised by viewers and comedians alike since Season 1.) Sayid toes the line, but isn't happy about it. And yes, the Oceanic Six make surprising mention of some long, lost friends. Three of them, at least, whose deaths occurred in each of the first three seasons. Source: The Transmission
* 04/23 - The May [29] finale will complicate the Jack-Kate-Sawyer love triangle by featuring "a spectacular kiss" and elaborate on Jack's flash-forward ambition to journey back to the Island. "This year's finale will sum up exactly how difficult it may be to accomplish that," says Lindelof, who adds this cryptic response to speculation that flash-forwards will vanish once Island present meets off-Island future: "There could easily be a time when the word flash becomes irrelevant." Source: Entertainment Weekly
* 04/23 - My frenemy at E! Online is reporting that Greg Grunberg will reprise his role as Oceanic pilot Seth Norris in the two-hour season finale. Coincidentally, that same episode will feature the introduction of another pilot, a "young Top Gun type" who, per the casting sheet, doesn't like it when his copilot brings Lucky Charms onboard. Or was it a lucky charm? Eh, it was one of those two. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* 04/23 - Greg Grunberg, aka Oceanic pilot Seth Norris, was in Hawaii last week filming scenes for the show. According to my sources, the Orchid Station, which we should finally see soon, may be a major set going into next season as well. Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 04/09 - [The spectacular kiss will occur off the island between in a boy and a girl.] Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 04/09 - A big scene is being planned for filming currently involving the rescue. The Freighter people are NOT the ones that do the rescuing. The season finale will leave you ballistic as far as cliffhangers go. Source: Lost Spoilers
* 04/03 - In the new issue of Lost magazine, DL teased, "Romance is always blooming on and off the island. And I hereby promise you one of the most spectacular kisses you've ever seen on the show in this year's finale." Naturally, I pressed DL's partner in crime, Carlton Cuse, for further details on the earth-shattering smooch, to which he replied, "I can disclose no more details other than to say it's one of my favorite moments of the whole series so far. And contrary to some speculation, it is a male/female kiss." Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* 04/03 - It appears that Michael Emerson and Yunjin Kim have just flown into Heathrow for some London based filming along with Jack Bender. My source is speculating that this could be some scenes from the finale although this part is purely speculation based on Jack Bender directing previous finales. Source: Lost Spoilers
* 03/17 - Cuse and Lindelof reveal: Ben was telling a truth and a lie [about Widmore]. He is behind the freighter, but he is not there for the reason that Ben says he is. We'll know by the end of season four. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog
* 02/26 - This "Oceanic 6" make it off the island, but one will die - exactly who will be revealed this season. Source: New York Post
* 12/13/2007 - [Carlton] Cuse also fessed up about the person in the coffin seen at the very end of season three. Was it someone we've seen before? "Yes," he said without elaboration. Source: Sci Fi Wire

Season Five Spoiler:

Spoiler:

A series regular who has been on the series since the first season will not be back next season (season five). According to inside sources, this person's contract has been put into a holding deal and the plan at this point is to have him or her return for season six. It is not Jack or Sawyer. It's a she. Remember how I told you that time traveling and teleporting is most definitely happening? Well, let's just say that it's going to be happening on a much larger scale in the coming seasons. Source: Kristin on E!Online
Old 05-29-08, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Man, I hate when you post in these threads. Do you know how much willpower it takes to not click those spoilers?!? And i'm still weak from this nasty virus I had...
Old 05-29-08, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Must. Not. Click. Only 8.5 hours until LOST!!!!!
Old 05-29-08, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
T-8 hours. This afternoon is going to be hell to get through.
Old 05-29-08, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Man, I hate when you post in these threads. Do you know how much willpower it takes to not click those spoilers?!? And i'm still weak from this nasty virus I had...
In truth, the worst spoilers for this week are the video promos on UFO's site. THOSE even I wish I hadn't watched.
Old 05-29-08, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 306 Posts
Not gonna spoil it for myself this year. I read the synopsis of the season ender last year and it KILLED the finale for me. Must resist...
Old 05-29-08, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not reading anything. I hope my next post here is after 11 pm.
Old 05-29-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Me too. And my next post will be after 11PM
Old 05-29-08, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On the Producer's podcast, they confirmed that the island force that is preventing Michael from dying / killing himself, also had a hand in the car crash that got Jack off that bridge. And is also what Ben was referring to when Widmore asked if he was there to kill him and Ben replied, 'You know I can't do that'. The island wants them. It needs them.

Oh, and can't wait!
Old 05-29-08, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
Not gonna spoil it for myself this year. I read the synopsis of the season ender last year and it KILLED the finale for me. Must resist...
Amen to that. DVDJosh - why must you tempt us so!?
Old 05-29-08, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re-watched Through The Looking Glass last night, in order to remind me of some of the pivotal flash-forward moments the producers have said will be resolved in tonights episode. I still can't get over how fantastically written, directed, and acted (Fox is stunning) that episode is. If tonight's two hours are half as good we can count ourselves lucky.

Will be rewatching the first hour just before, too.
Old 05-29-08, 03:53 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
gonna rewatch Looking Glass tonight as well. Woot!
Old 05-29-08, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Amen to that. DVDJosh - why must you tempt us so!?
Old 05-29-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For those of you in Eastern Canada, or have access to those channels, the 2 hour finale started 6PM EST. I am watching it now as we speak
Old 05-29-08, 06:45 PM

I'm going to go crazy waiting.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.