UBISoft announces 2 titles that uses Wii Balance Board

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-28-08, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/05/...s-shaun-w.html

Ubisoft is getting behind, or on top of, or whatever, the Wii Fit Balance Board in a big way.

Two major Wii titles announced today at the company's Paris press conference will use the Balance Board as an optional accessory: The third game to feature our favorite crazy bunnies, titled Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party, and Shaun White Snowboarding.

Rabbids will use the Balance Board in all the kinds of crazy ways you'd expect, from sledding on an upside-down cow to... I mean, that's all they've announced thus far, but I think that's telling.

Shaun White Snowboarding, I shouldn't have to tell you. At a Ubisoft event in San Francisco earlier this month, I watched a company employee demonstrate how the board will work: You'll actually do little jumps on the board to make your character jump. We weren't able to get hands-on (feet-on?) with it, but I'm sure that this year's E3 will be a virtual playground of Balance Board games.

Speaking of which, let's see if we can't recall all of the announced Balance Board-compatible games: Electronic Arts' Skate It, Bandai Namco's We Ski, THQ's cheerleader game... Am I forgetting any?

Image: Ubisoft
This is the first I have heard of a Cheerleader game.

But rabbids on balance board makes sense, as does the snowboarding game.
Old 05-28-08, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For a game like, say, Rabbids, will the board be required for certain games or just optional? I can't imagine that a game like that would actually require the board, and instead would just make certain things optional for the board.
Old 05-29-08, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent L
For a game like, say, Rabbids, will the board be required for certain games or just optional? I can't imagine that a game like that would actually require the board, and instead would just make certain things optional for the board.

It says optional accessory