Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

A few visual Q's & LG digital audio systems

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-08, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently got an LG RU-52SZ61D DLP as a "hand-me-down." 1080i became passe' or something. I'm trying to max out the picture quality first, then focus on sound. It has composite, S-video, 2 component, VGA, and DVI imputs, but no HDMI. Currently, I have both my PS3 and 360 hooked up with component cables. Toys R Us has the 360 VGA cable on clearance for $10 or so. Would the picture quality between the YPbPr and VGA even be noticeable? If I used the HDMI A/V cables on the 360, I'd have to get an HDMI->DVI adapter. Would that even make a difference?

Ok, now about the audio systems. I'm looking at the LHT754, LFD790, and for S&Gs, the LHT888. Has anyone heard pros/cons or had any personal experience with them? With the HDMI output, I already know I'll have to use the aforementioned HDMI->DVI adapter and seperate audio cables.
Old 05-20-08, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why would you limit yourself to LG audio systems? The company isn't known for audio. You have much better options out there for a home-theater-in-a-box (HTiB). Onkyo being chief among them.
Old 05-20-08, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Interesting. A DLP cannot be 1080i, so....interesting. Reminds me of the excuses on the little cards at the humane society.
Old 05-21-08, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

As someone who loves his LG bedroom LCD and his LG French Door Refrigerator, stay far away from an LG audio system.