Reload this Page >

Reaper "Cancun" (season finale) 5/20/08

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-20-08, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The demons target Sam (Bret Harrison) when they fear he may pose a greater threat to their rebellion than the Devil (Ray Wise) himself. A treacherous trap is set, bringing surprising allies to Sam's side and leading to shocking revelations that could have explosive implications for his future.

Meanwhile, Sock (Tyler Labine) falls for a demon (guest star Cindy Sampson).

Missy Peregrym, Rick Gonzalez, Valarie Rae Miller, Donovan Stinson and Andrew Airlie also star.

IMO, this show has really pick up nicely over the last episodes. Glad to see it is returning mid-season.

Last edited by A-aron; 05-20-08 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-20-08, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't wait! My boyfriend and I have really gotten into this show! It's really funny and original!
Old 05-20-08, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nice old promo pic w/ Nikki Reed.
Old 05-20-08, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looking forward to this one. Probably missed 4 or 5 episodes but the show came back really strong and am looking forward to next season(hoping there is one).
Old 05-20-08, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Nice old promo pic w/ Nikki Reed.

fixed

Last edited by A-aron; 05-20-08 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-20-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice season-ending episode - and great news that it will be back!
Old 05-20-08, 10:43 PM
Banned

Not a bad season ender but...

1. How did she find where her demon-husband was buried?
2. What happened to the cage he was buried in? She got to him very quick.
3. How did they even get away with all that construction w/o interference from police? Did they have permits to dig?
4. How the hell can Steve be an angel?
5. How was the baseball a vessel? Sock simply threw it toward the car and it went through the windshield and took the demon. Huh? Because they needed to get at it from a distance?

Last edited by cracksky; 05-21-08 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-21-08, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

1) She asked Sam where he was buried.
2) I'm guessing she might not be as human as she appears.
3) Seriously?
4) We'll probably find out. We don't know all the rules yet.
5) Why can't the baseball be a vessel? All sorts of things have been vessels.
Old 05-21-08, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Was that the first time anyone other than Sam used the vessel to actually capture the demon?

As soon as Sam's dad was thrown into the cage with him, I knew exactly where the ending was going.

Given Supernatural and Reaper had a fairly similar season-long plot going this year, Supernatural wins hands down in the cliffhanger contest.
Old 05-21-08, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

cracksky - sock was able to do that because his kissing of the demon girl gave him super strength for a short period of time.
Old 05-21-08, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow. That was really a strong ending to a show that really got its legs over the course of the season. During the first few episodes, I had a hard time liking it, but it certainly turned around. Next season will certainly be INTERESTING!
Old 05-21-08, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Great episode. If I have to guess maybe Sam's parents aren't completely human. However they don't have horns so I don't know what to make of it. Maybe they traded immortality to bear the devil's son?
Old 05-21-08, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, considering the "father" wasn't dead, it is likely that he is a demon (much like Gladys in the previous episode). Perhaps the deal was to make Sam human as opposed to a demon child.
Old 05-21-08, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by achau9598
Well, considering the "father" wasn't dead, it is likely that he is a demon (much like Gladys in the previous episode). Perhaps the deal was to make Sam human as opposed to a demon child.
That's certainly an interesting theory. It would also fit with Sam's father removing all mentions of him from the contract- it would reveal him to be a demon. Of course, it doesn't explain why Sam wasn't killed by the washer.
Old 05-21-08, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
That's certainly an interesting theory. It would also fit with Sam's father removing all mentions of him from the contract- it would reveal him to be a demon. Of course, it doesn't explain why Sam wasn't killed by the washer.
Well and what's then up with his brother? He seems to have vanished from the show even though he was supposedly going to college in the beginning. The parents sent him and not Sam because Sam wasn't worth the investment since he was contracted to the devil. Maybe they're dropped that character entirely?
Old 05-21-08, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How about: Sam's father is the son of the devil? That would explain removing him (Sam's father) from the contract and why Sam has powers (and still fits with the "make Sam human" portion of the contract---just a human with powers)
Old 05-21-08, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Chew
How about: Sam's father is the son of the devil? That would explain removing him (Sam's father) from the contract and why Sam has powers (and still fits with the "make Sam human" portion of the contract---just a human with powers)
That could be too- any older character with the same haircut as a character 25 years younger than him has to be evil.
Old 05-21-08, 09:53 AM
Banned

1) She asked Sam where he was buried.
Didn't she say 'tell me where he's buried in the morning?'

Originally Posted by achau9598
sock was able to do that because his kissing of the demon girl gave him super strength for a short period of time.
Most vessels seem more specific to each demon than this one. So, whomever picks the vessel knows the future and all life is predetermined in this show? It was known that Sock would throw the ball and that he would have super-strength from kissing the succubus.
Old 05-21-08, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cracksky
Didn't she say 'tell me where he's buried in the morning?'
I don't remember the exact line.

Most vessels seem more specific to each demon than this one. So, whomever picks the vessel knows the future and all life is predetermined in this show? It was known that Sock would throw the ball and that he would have super-strength from kissing the succubus.
Huh? Where are you getting this stuff from? I've never seen any predetermination at work with the vessels, nor have most of them been related to the soul they're intended to capture (toaster, snow globe, handvac, remote-controlled car, etc.). Sock got lucky with the vessel, that's all.
Old 05-21-08, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought it was a really good season ender. I can't wait until next season!
Old 05-21-08, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nth Power
I thought it was a really good season ender. I can't wait until next season!
Same here. This has become a pretty enjoyable show.
Old 05-21-08, 11:59 AM

I have to echo the sentiments of everyone else, Reaper has rapidly improved and I would have been sad to see it go.

Wise always makes me laugh, especially when he tries to be hip around Sam.

Although T.L. was grating to me early on (I couldn't stand him on Invasion) I think Sock is pretty damn funny now. He seems to have good delivery and timing.

Oh, and, more Missy....
Old 05-21-08, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Great episode. If I have to guess maybe Sam's parents aren't completely human. However they don't have horns so I don't know what to make of it. Maybe they traded immortality to bear the devil's son?
Remember steve and Tony didnt have horns, if they chose not to.
Old 05-21-08, 04:21 PM
Banned

I don't remember the exact line.
It was close if not that very line.

Huh? Where are you getting this stuff from? I've never seen any predetermination at work with the vessels, nor have most of them been related to the soul they're intended to capture (toaster, snow globe, handvac, remote-controlled car, etc.). Sock got lucky with the vessel, that's all.
What I mean is that each vessel is specifically picked for each scenario that Sam will eventually get into. It's predetermined. He has the baseball in his hand while he is being choked so he tosses it to Sock to save him. Sock throws the ball at the car at super-speed to catch the soul which he couldn't have done without kissing the girl. The Devil had to know this all was gonna happen already that's why the baseball was chosen. It's like the 'What You Need' episode of The Twilight Zone where the guy always gave you the object that would benefit you in the near future.
Old 05-21-08, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jjcool
Remember steve and Tony didnt have horns, if they chose not to.
What are you talking about "chose not to"? We've seen that they have to shave them down to hide them (a la Hellboy). That's what Sock saw them doing when he discovered they were demons.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.