Reload this Page >

C&C 3: Kane's Wrath problems?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-16-08, 03:43 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked this one up recently and had a lot of fun playing it. Then, one day when I was turning on my computer, I had all sorts of blue screen messages about faulty dll's. Since this was the only software I had added in a long time, I figured it must be related. Is there any way to save my saved games when I reinstall the game? Tips?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-08, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't have Kane's Wrath, but when I uninstalled C&C 3, it didn't delete my profile and save games. So, you should be safe uninstalling it, and keeping your saves. I would assume Kane's Wrath does the same, and keeps it's data in the same place. However, if you want to be safe and backup your save game files somewhere else, they should be under a C&C folder in My Documents. There is also some profile stuff under C:\Documents and Settings\"your profile name"\Application Data. There should be another C&C folder there. This is assuming you are running XP. If you have Vista they might be in slightly different places. The windows user profiles in Vista are under C:\Users.
Old 05-19-08, 07:03 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

I've had mixed experiences in this regard but I appreciate your advice (especially since it worked!). The game is a lot of fun and I was kind of surprised that no one here reviewed it but despite what I saw on another website, the balance issues for most factions seem to be minimal (if you play to the strengths of the factions). EA Rocks!
Old 05-19-08, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I plan on getting it at some point. I enjoyed C&C 3. I'm just finishing up some other games before I get to Kane.
Old 05-19-08, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I'm not mistaken, the saved games are in a default EA folder in your My Documents folder.
Old 05-19-08, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i finished this game faster then it took my opening the box for it
Old 05-20-08, 12:13 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

Originally Posted by raven56706
i finished this game faster then it took my opening the box for it
Talk about leaving oneself open for a reply...

I like the game, in both modes, and doubt I'll be finishing it any time soon but I opened the box in under ten seconds so your mileage will vary for comparison purposes. The other thing to keep in mind is that some people enjoy additional options/restrictions when they play against other humans (not just the AI built into the games they play) and this game has plenty (though I wonder how quickly people playing it in the most difficult level really take to finish completely, some of the missions not exactly perfectly balanced when you play that way without a guidebook).