TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ER " Season Finale"

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-08, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ER " Season Finale"

I didnt see one for this but i am sure someone saw the show last night

anyways... sucked to see Mareli get punched and cursed off just for explaining and making the wrong decision...

it was a really stupid way to end the season but since next year is the end of the road for the show... i hate to say it but its about time.
Old 05-16-08, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, both Pratt and Sam were a little too happy in their current relationships, so it was kinda obvious one of them was going to be a possible casualty of the witness protectee's return to Chicago to attend his mother's funeral.

Lucian just up and quit, leaving Neelah mentor-less. Hated her hook-up with Anspaugh's nephew.

Can Abby and Luka salvage their marriage? I think punching Morelli helped Luka get over it (plus what the old guy said to him).
Old 05-16-08, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i think Pratt was in the ambulance....

i was hoping Abby stood right next to the ambu when it exploded...

Neelah having sex with that guy made me cringe because i hate his character and i knew this was going to happen
Old 05-16-08, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are they going to have enough cast to do another season? Abby, Kovac, Dubenko = gone, Pratt - ?.

I guess they'll still have Gates, Morris and Brenner, and will add some more.

I wonder if the 4 episodes with Wylie with be Africa only.
Old 05-16-08, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
i think Pratt was in the ambulance....
Spoiler:
It's definitely Pratt. Mekhi Phifer said this would be his last season.

So-so season finale. At this point they just seem to be going through the motions.

I saw that Neelah and Dr. Douche bag hook-up coming a mile away.

I'm hoping they turn it around next year and have a memorable 19 final episodes. If Law & Order, a show in its 18th season, can turn it around and come back from seasons of mediocrity, I think ER could pull it off. I'm telling you; bring back Dr. Greene from the dead. That'll be great. Really though, hopefully they could bring back some old faces, and instead of just focusing on the remaining cast members it could just be a season of returns and just do something different then what's been done in the last couple of years.
Old 05-16-08, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
That show's still on? I thought it had ended already.
Old 05-16-08, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I used to love this show. I think I finally stopped watching it about five years ago. It was once a great show that I loved.
Old 05-16-08, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I liked Pratt more than Sam (at least her damn son is gone) so I hope she was in the ambulance
wouldn't have minded Abby getting a piece of metal in the head from the explosion
Old 05-17-08, 05:03 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
My guess is at the last minute neither of them went into the ambulance.

(I am secretly hoping that out of nowhere Neela came running down and offered to go)
Old 05-17-08, 12:51 PM

Anyone notice that the ambulance was parked when it blew up? Found that peculiar.
Old 05-17-08, 02:06 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by saoirse
I used to love this show. I think I finally stopped watching it about five years ago. It was once a great show that I loved.
I used to watch this show religiously around the same time frame. Then I started to realize that working in this ER is more dangerous than working in Iraq. All of the ‘must see” and the “most gripping” story lines burned me out.

Old 05-19-08, 02:32 AM

they can still pull off episodes..it's the season as a whole that lacks....

case in point...a couple of weeks ago, when moriss and neela were trying to save someone while at gunpoint....really good episode
Old 05-19-08, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This season finale blew.
Old 05-19-08, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Southside
they can still pull off episodes..it's the season as a whole that lacks....
Couldnt have said it better myself... Ive watched the show from beginning to now (breaks here and there) but they still do quality shows, they just cant seem to string enough together to make a complete season. And the thing is, some of the cast members now are better than some of the originals, but I think they just ran out of enough stuff to make a complete season.
Old 05-19-08, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by abanytime
Are they going to have enough cast to do another season? Abby, Kovac, Dubenko = gone, Pratt - ?.

I guess they'll still have Gates, Morris and Brenner, and will add some more.

I wonder if the 4 episodes with Wylie with be Africa only.
It's possible Abby & Kovac will be back for a few episodes. She wanted to them to kill her off, but they wouldn't.

The episodes with Wyle were reported to be in the ER. But that was months ago.

Angela Bassett is joining for the whole season, and 4 more people are suppose to as well.

There were some wacky rumors Anthony Edwards would be back (Obviously flashbacks, or some sort of "episode in the past" episode)

Ray was suppose to be in 1-2 episodes this season, but that may happen next season.

Julianna Margulies's show was canned, so she's a possibility. Clooney too. (however unlikely)

Plus whatever old characters they can throw money at to come back..
Old 05-19-08, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by pilot
The episodes with Wyle were reported to be in the ER. But that was months ago.
I hope that's the case.

There were some wacky rumors Anthony Edwards would be back (Obviously he's coming back from the dead)
Fixed.

Julianna Margulies's show was canned, so she's a possibility. Clooney too. (however unlikely)
I think Julianna Margulies is a definitely possibility, but I'd be very shocked if Clooney made an appearance. He might come back based on the fact that ER is the show that jumped started his career. He might do it.
Old 05-19-08, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Noah Wyle is (and has been) signed on 4 episodes next season, I'm almost certain they contracted him to do the final 4 episodes of the series years ago as the show ultimately was his character's journey. They've already stated his time with Doctors without Borders will end, and he'll be trying to adjust back to the Us system (which they did before around season 10), but it seems fitting to have him at the end of the show (why Morris, Abby and Luka couldn't get signed on to finish the (likely) final season is beyond me).

I think the only satisfying way they could end the show for me would be an ending similar to TNG's All Good Things shifting between the early/later ER casts, but it's probably unfeasible (though everyone except for Clooney have basically done nothing since).

However, lest we not forget that Clooney made one of the biggest surprise unbilled cameos ever at the end of the 6th season.
Old 05-19-08, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is Maura Tierney really not signed for next season?
Old 05-19-08, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tierney won't be riding the "ER" train to its last stop, however. The show will end its 15-year run in February 2009, but Abby's story lines will be resolved about 15 episodes before then.

"I'm not exactly sure how many episodes I'm going to be doing next season. ... It has not been worked out yet," Tierney said.

It's "complicated" because of the writers' strike that interrupted this season, Wells said, adding that it will be "in the first episodes" of Season 15 — possibly the third, fourth or fifth to air. "We're trying to kind of figure it out."
http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695274599,00.html
Old 05-19-08, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also more about Wyle and the possible flashback finale:

Although it's unlikely Clooney will do an "ER" cameo next season, Noah Wyle has committed to four episodes as Dr. John Carter. "ER" die-hards watched Carter morph from bumbling medical student in season one to skilled physician working in the genocide zones of Africa by Wyle's last appearance in 2006.

"Carter figures centrally in the way I wanted to end the series, which I'd planned six or seven years ago," Wells says.

"When Tony Edwards was leaving the show at the end of season eight, I thought we would probably come to an end pretty quickly, so I spent time thinking about what the end of the series should be," Wells recalls.

And yes, "Africa will figure prominently in the storyline of Noah's return," Wells says.

Wells also hints he may not be able to resist trying some nostalgic flashbacks for "ER's" last fling.

"But we'd be concerned about doing too much in the way of fantasy sequences because of the way that 'St. Elsewhere' ended," Wells says of the earlier NBC medical series. In 1988, "St. Elsewhere's" finale implied that its entire run had been imagined by an autistic child.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...1YW1QD90KBO500