Smallville **Season Finale** - "Arctic" 5/15/2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-08, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smallville **Season Finale** - "Arctic" 5/15/2007

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Lex is taken to the Fortress to fulfill his destiny, while Lana awakens from her coma and Chloe is arrested by the government.

Given the recent casting shake up announcements it should be interesting how they potentially write out
Spoiler:
Lex, Lana AND Chloe
all in one episode! Here's hoping this one is a doozie!
Old 05-15-08, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i am anticipating this episode... but not sure how doomsday will be next year... being the final season for smallville
Old 05-15-08, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Lex is taken to the Fortress to fulfill his destiny, while Lana awakens from her coma and Chloe is arrested by the government.

Given the recent casting shake up announcements it should be interesting how they potentially write out
Spoiler:
Lex, Lana AND Chloe
all in one episode! Here's hoping this one is a doozie!
Actually
Spoiler:
Allison Mack is returning next season. http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...ison/800039677
Old 05-15-08, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any regular Smallville watcher not as excited for this season finale as previous ones? I don't know if it's due to knowing it's
Spoiler:
Lex' final episode, and dreading the possibility of him getting a mind wipe after finding out about Clark
or what.
Old 05-15-08, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So glad Allison will be back next year. I hear Greeen Arrow may return too.
Old 05-15-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh yay, Clark and Lana broke up!

...again.
Old 05-15-08, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Ummm. Well. I guess Lex can just go missing next season. At least Clark finally took a stand for once (against Brainiac)

Not enough time in the Fortress. The ep where Lionel died would've been a better finale, compared to this.

Last edited by stingermck; 05-15-08 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-15-08, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That was probably the weakest season finale ever for Smallville, though it did have some decent bits sprinkled into it.
Old 05-15-08, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
The weakest finale for sure.

Brainiac's end didn't feel satisfying, nothing really epic about it.

Chloe getting the black box audio just like that was silly, but at least Uncle Sam caught up to her.

So basically Kara convinced Lex that Clark's no good and that it's his destiny to take him out for the good of humanity. I don't like that, too much deception behind it.

Lois and Jimmy were good.

As for the Lana stuff, when that came up, I just switched to Drake & Josh. It was the episode where Josh gets foot surgery, funny stuff.
Old 05-15-08, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Not the best season finale, but at least there didn't seem to be too many loose ends, given that some of the cast might not be even around next season. Brainiac was my favorite addition to the series, but he seemed to have little use aside from being a footnote to the plot. His demise wasn't satisfying, either.

The Clark/Lex showdown in the Fortress was all right. But Lex's mild mannered/strange visitor line didn't work at all since they were used to better effect from previous seasons.
Old 05-15-08, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
So basically Kara convinced Lex
That was Brainiac, not Kara
Old 05-15-08, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yawn.

Without Lex, what kind of show could they really have. They've gotten rid of all my favorite characters:

1. Johnathon Kent
2. Lionel Luthor
3. Lex Luthor
Old 05-15-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
So glad Allison will be back next year. I hear Greeen Arrow may return too.
Definitely a plus for Allison to be back on board, and Green Arrow's return would be terrific.

Not my favorite season finale, but ok.
Old 05-15-08, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"When I said I would do you a favor somewhere down the line, I didnt think you'd have me *gasp* lie!"
Old 05-15-08, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisih8u
"When I said I would do you a favor somewhere down the line, I didnt think you'd have me *gasp* lie!"
That about sums it up.

Lionel's death would have made a far better finale.
Old 05-15-08, 10:16 PM

Wow this was a terrible episode. As usual, everything was rushed.

Brainiac got "sick" from Chloe then went out way to easy.

The Jimmy/Lex stuff was so retarded, wa i can't lie gimme a break!

Lets see, all these years with Clark and Lex built up to.....that! The dialog and emotion in many of Clark and Lex's past scenes have been much more dramatic. You would think this would have been epic, Lex finally knowing for sure about Clark. Clarks line to Lex about never hurting Lex, oh please he should have told Lex HOW many times he has saved his life!

All in all, terrible season finale and worse conclusion to the Clark/Lex dynamic this show has been building up for years. What a waste!
Old 05-15-08, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Braniac's "what are you" to Chloe was interesting. I'm not sure he would have said that to a regular meteor freak, so I'm wondering if Chloe is something different.
Old 05-15-08, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
You know that is going to be explored next season since we now know Allison Mack is returning next season
Spoiler:
and that floating smoldering diamond shaped ash was a clear indicator that a piece of Braniac survived.
Old 05-15-08, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Here's what doesn't make sense...why did the Brainiac Kara collapse in Clark's kitchen a few eps back? And why would Brainiac drink milk in the first place?
Old 05-16-08, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
Here's what doesn't make sense...why did the Brainiac Kara collapse in Clark's kitchen a few eps back? And why would Brainiac drink milk in the first place?
I wondered that too. It was as if Kara was looking up at something and then they never went back to it.

The episode was a little rushed but keep in mind that the script writers were probably....rushed after the strike to crank out 4 all new episodes.

The Lana thing was the weakest part. I guess Kristen was filming her movie so they did a taped goodbye? Kinda anti-climatic.
Old 05-16-08, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They should rename the show "Metropolis" and go forward with the early years of Clark and Lois at the Daily Planet. That appears to be where they are leading. Renaming the show will give it a new identity.

Yeah, it was a weak season finale.
Old 05-16-08, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

it was a rushed season finale but

places where i was happy:

Lana dying or brain meltdown would be pointless... glad she left the way she did. It made more sense with how the story was going.

I marked when i saw Lois look at Clark on both occasions because it shows that they are moving closer then we think...

Jimmy was always a nerdy quick thinking goodie too shoes but him talking about lying made me cringe...

no idea what to think about the lex and clark thing but we shall see....

Also correct me if i am wrong but isnt Doomsday an animal?
Old 05-16-08, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Umm, so that was it? That was the season finale? A show that puts so much into the season premiere and finale gave us that piece of crap? I hope they have Lex back for episode one next season to wrap things up properly. How did Braniac get control of Kara? Or are we to assume that Kara never came back? But how would that explain the kitchen scene? As much as most hate Lana the character has been around for 7 years and she gets written of with a Dear John DVD? Braniac gets electrocuted and that's it?

Not happy with this episode at all.
Old 05-16-08, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
How did Braniac get control of Kara? Or are we to assume that Kara never came back? But how would that explain the kitchen scene?
Brainiac can assume the physical form of others, so I don't think it was a matter of him controlling her. Kara was shown trapped in the Phantom Zone towards the end.
Old 05-16-08, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
Umm, so that was it? That was the season finale? A show that puts so much into the season premiere and finale gave us that piece of crap? I hope they have Lex back for episode one next season to wrap things up properly. How did Braniac get control of Kara? Or are we to assume that Kara never came back? But how would that explain the kitchen scene? As much as most hate Lana the character has been around for 7 years and she gets written of with a Dear John DVD? Braniac gets electrocuted and that's it?

Not happy with this episode at all.
Braniac didn't take control of Kara, he took her form.

Clark specifically said "Kara never came back from Krypton did she? You killed her!" Then Braniac said something about her being much worse off than that, and then later in the episode it showed her in the crystal plate floating through space. I assume she's going to the Phantom Zone.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.