Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Platinum Games (formerly Clover) announces Trio of Greatness!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-08, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sadly, they've made a publishing deal with Sega, the harbinger of doom.

BUT DAMN DAMN DAMN THESE LOOK HOT!

Bayonetta, a stylish action game for the PS3/360 from Devil May Cry creator Hideki Kamiya.

Mad World, a violent black and white action game for this Wii.

Infinite Line, a science-fiction RPG for the DS.
Old 05-13-08, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sega apparently has an event this week, better quality videos are expected then.
Old 05-13-08, 10:47 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I find that second game kind of funny, I find it kind of sad.
Old 05-13-08, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

links are down already.
Old 05-13-08, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
links are down already.
Indeed. It seems to be widespread too.

I guess we'll just have to wait.

Mad World looked sick though, reminiscent of No More Heroes (but with awesome graphics).
Old 05-13-08, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Indeed. It seems to be widespread too.

I guess we'll just have to wait.

Mad World looked sick though, reminiscent of No More Heroes (but with awesome graphics).
yeah, yanked from Gametrailers already too.
Old 05-13-08, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn, I got a bit excited for the "Mad World" description until I saw "Wii" at the end instead of 360
Old 05-13-08, 12:41 PM

Yes, because it's impossible for a good game to be on the Wii.
Old 05-13-08, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mad World is definite buy. Glad I have a Wii.
Old 05-13-08, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
My eyes a streaming tears of joy...this is awesome news!
Old 05-13-08, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Platinum Games (formerly Clover)
I loved Clover Studios games and look forward to their new output (not that I can see the vids), but all their name makes me think of is:
Old 05-13-08, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Yes, because it's impossible for a good game to be on the Wii.
pretty much...
Not trying to start a fight, I own a Wii...just saying I much rather have a 360 game.
Old 05-13-08, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by discostu1337
pretty much...
Not trying to start a fight, I own a Wii...just saying I much rather have a 360 game.
You are getting a 360 game, it just isn't Mad World. I see no reason why, if the developer designed a game specifically for the Wii, that it would somehow be a terrible game but magically better on the 360. And you own a Wii, some I'm not sure how you are no longer excited. You can still buy a game that you thought looked great.
Old 05-14-08, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Delicious Scans!

Bayonetta:
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/677/bayonettacu2.jpg

Mad World:
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7928/madworldgy6.jpg

Infinite Line:
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9...itelineng0.jpg
Old 05-14-08, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

One of the scans indicates that a 4th game hasn't been announced yet.
Old 05-14-08, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Mad World looks pretty interesting. Not really much to go on for any of the three games yet, but the other two don't look like my cup of tea.
Old 05-15-08, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Official Press Release!

SEGA Announces a Platinum Partnership

Famed Developers Confirm Exclusive Four-Game Deal With SEGA

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced a worldwide partnership with PlatinumGames Inc., the development studio recently formed by the team behind some of the most successful franchises in the video game industry. Under the agreement, PlatinumGames will develop three ground-breaking new SEGA titles -- MADWORLD™, Infinite Line™ and Bayonetta™ –covering a variety of game genres with innovative design concepts that explore the depths of today’s best-selling platforms. A soon-to-be-announced fourth title, being directed by legendary gaming icon Shinji Mikami, is also part of the agreement.

“The creative forces at PlatinumGames bring a new level of imagination into the SEGA family at a pivotal time in the video game industry when the demand for quality, originality and fun has never been greater,” said Tatsuya Minami, President and CEO, PlatinumGames. “These new titles will contribute meaningfully to SEGA’s brand, while adding a new level of depth to the strategic portfolio of games in our library.”

“This relationship underscores SEGA’s continuing drive to bring high-quality content to Western audiences, pushing current standards of innovation in gameplay by introducing fresh, original IP that plays to the strengths of the individual platforms,” said Simon Jeffery, President and COO, SEGA of America.

MADWORLD, the first title set for release in Q1 2009, is an inventive third-person action game exclusively for Wii™. Produced by Atsushi Inaba, MADWORLD has a unique black and white style depicting an incredibly sharp backdrop that straddles graphic novels and 3D worlds. As players battle opponents, they must master the use of various weapons and items found within their environment, such as chainsaws and street signs, while entertaining sports commentary adds to the third-person gameplay. With its irreverent humor and over-the-top violence, MADWORLD will deliver a unique core gaming experience currently missing on the Wii system.

Infinite Line (working title), a role playing game exclusively for the Nintendo DS™ portable handheld system, takes place in outer space and gives players the ability to control, build, outfit and customize more than 150 spaceships. Infinite Line stretches the DS hardware to the limit, offering over 200 characters and the ability to control multiple spaceships at any one time. Releasing in 2009 and currently being produced by Atsushi Inaba and directed by Hifumi Kouno (from developer Nude Maker), Infinite Line is one of the most complex RPG titles developed for the DS to date.

Bayonetta is a stylish and cinematic action game, directed by Hideki Kamiya, set for release in 2009 on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. A witch with powers beyond the comprehension of mere mortals, Bayonetta faces-off against countless angelic enemies, many reaching epic proportions, in a game of 100% pure, unadulterated all-out action. Outlandish finishing moves are performed with balletic grace as Bayonetta flows from one fight to another. With magnificent over-the-top action taking place in stages that are a veritable theme park of exciting attractions, Bayonetta pushes the limits of the action genre, bringing to life its fast-paced, dynamic climax combat.

For more information regarding the partnership between SEGA and PlatinumGames please go to www.sega.com/platinumgames

For press information and assets please visit www.sega-press.com for Europe and the SEGA FTP for America at: http://segapr.segaamerica.com.
Old 05-15-08, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

IGN on Mad World:

We've often stated that Wii developers need to push the console from a stylistic perspective since they will not be able to compete with the sheer horsepower of systems like Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. Having seen Mad World up close, we're thrilled that one of the best software houses in the world completely agrees. Platinum Games has with its first official Wii effort created not only one of the console's most beautiful games, but one with real gameplay substance and seemingly smart controls. Here is also a project unabashedly centered on the hardcore audience. Mad World has skyrocketed to the tip-top of our most wanted list and we are officially putting all Wii owners on (blood) red alert: prepare to go 'Mad' sometime next year.
Old 05-15-08, 10:39 AM

MADWORLD, the first title set for release in Q1 2009, is an inventive third-person action game exclusively for Wii™. Produced by Atsushi Inaba, MADWORLD has a unique black and white style depicting an incredibly sharp backdrop that straddles graphic novels and 3D worlds. As players battle opponents, they must master the use of various weapons and items found within their environment, such as chainsaws and street signs, while entertaining sports commentary adds to the third-person gameplay. With its irreverent humor and over-the-top violence, MADWORLD will deliver a unique core gaming experience currently missing on the Wii system.
No More Heroes meets Dead Rising...? The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had!