Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Amazon Blu Ray 10% promo now 5%?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-08, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been receiving the 10% discount on all Blu Ray/HD DVD titles until today. Now when I put Blu Ray's in my cart, I'm only getting a 5% discount. Is this happening to anyone else?
Old 05-12-08, 10:42 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
At least your still getting the discount 5 months after it expired...
Old 05-12-08, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
At least your still getting the discount 5 months after it expired...
Why is it that there is always someone who has to turn the question into something it's not? I'm simply asking a question and making others aware that this is happening on my account, so maybe it's happening on yours too. I don't believe I was ranting and raving about not getting 10% anymore.
Old 05-12-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I've seen several other people stating the same thing on other sites. Seems to be the norm if you still are getting any discount.
Old 05-12-08, 12:47 PM

Same here. Was getting 10% last week and today noticed it is only at 5%. Damnit, I wouldve put in a few more preorders (just in case) last week if I knew this was going to happen.
Old 05-12-08, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by jonboy71
Why is it that there is always someone who has to turn the question into something it's not? I'm simply asking a question and making others aware that this is happening on my account, so maybe it's happening on yours too. I don't believe I was ranting and raving about not getting 10% anymore.
I haven't seen overreaction like this since the last time I posted.
Old 05-12-08, 02:20 PM
Suspended

You should call up Amazon and ask why a discount from a promotion that expired 5 months ago has been reduced from 10% off to 5%. Totally unfair.
Old 05-12-08, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep, 5%...which is pretty good considering two days ago I was getting NO DISCOUNT at all... I'd prefer 10% but I'm just happy to still have any discount at all!
Old 05-12-08, 08:21 PM

You should call up Amazon and ask why a discount from a promotion that expired 5 months ago has been reduced from 10% off to 5%. Totally unfair.
Maybe you should go back to elementary school so you can learn to read and understand words properly. I don't think it was insinuated anwhere that I was complaining or whining or calling it unfair. I simply wanted to find out if this was happening on everyone's account and to alert the people of this forum.
Old 05-12-08, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Maybe you should go back to elementary school so you can learn to read and understand words properly. I don't think it was insinuated anwhere that I was complaining or whining or calling it unfair. I simply wanted to find out if this was happening on everyone's account and to alert the people of this forum.
Old 05-12-08, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
I have been receiving the 10% discount on all Blu Ray/HD DVD titles until today. Now when I put Blu Ray's in my cart, I'm only getting a 5% discount. Is this happening to anyone else?
and

Why is it that there is always someone who has to turn the question into something it's not? I'm simply asking a question and making others aware that this is happening on my account, so maybe it's happening on yours too. I don't believe I was ranting and raving about not getting 10% anymore
and

Maybe you should go back to elementary school so you can learn to read and understand words properly. I don't think it was insinuated anwhere that I was complaining or whining or calling it unfair. I simply wanted to find out if this was happening on everyone's account and to alert the people of this forum
You're in denial. Come visit us in Psychology Talk.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 05-12-08 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-12-08, 08:33 PM
Suspended

Yes, clearly I should go back to school. I read everything you wrote and called you out for whining about a discount that expired 5 months ago that out of sheer luck you have been getting. Did you call Amazon and let them know you are receiving a discount that expired 5 months ago? Did you? No, no you didn't. Some people still get the discount, some not. No one knows why. You are one of the lucky who is still getting a discounts months after it expires for thousands of others.

Last edited by Gizmo; 05-12-08 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-12-08, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
and

and

You're in denial. Come visit us in Psychology Talk.

I'll be right there as long as Gizmo isn't the instructor.
Old 05-12-08, 10:07 PM

Yes, clearly I should go back to school. I read everything you wrote and called you out for whining about a discount that expired 5 months ago that out of sheer luck you have been getting. Did you call Amazon and let them know you are receiving a discount that expired 5 months ago? Did you? No, no you didn't. Some people still get the discount, some not. No one knows why. You are one of the lucky who is still getting a discounts months after it expires for thousands of others.

Yes, some people still get the discount, some don't. Based on your bitterness, I'm sure you're one that does not. I'm not disgruntled about it like you apparently are. The point of the email was that the discount dropped to 5%, not 0%. I guess you need math class as well. I am simply trying to find out if that's the case with everyone, as I've not read any posts before this weekend about that change.
Old 05-12-08, 10:24 PM
Suspended

Yes, some people still get the discount, some don't. Based on your bitterness, I'm sure you're one that does not. I'm not disgruntled about it like you apparently are. The point of the email was that the discount dropped to 5%, not 0%. I guess you need math class as well. I am simply trying to find out if that's the case with everyone, as I've not read any posts before this weekend about that change.
I never got the discount in the first place since I was never eligible for it. I could careless. You seem pretty bitter.

But, like I said, why not e-mail Amazon? Oh wait...
Old 05-12-08, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I really don't see why you even care. If you happened to be in some sort of minority of current amazon members getting the discount and it dropping to 5%, you'd simply be LESS lucky than others who were staying at 10%, as you shouldn't be getting a discount at all!
Old 05-13-08, 07:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I never got the discount in the first place since I was never eligible for it. I could careless.
So you really do care about it?

Or maybe you meant to say that you couldn't care less?
Old 05-13-08, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw the same thing as well. It sucks, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I never should have gotten the discount anyway, and Amazon has always been more than fair with me.
Old 05-13-08, 09:12 PM

I never got the discount in the first place since I was never eligible for it. I could careless. You seem pretty bitter.

But, like I said, why not e-mail Amazon? Oh wait...
You certainly do seem to care, seeing as how you have responded several times to a thread where you have had no constructive input.

My discount dropped to 5% as well, although when I went to order a regular DVD today I got a weird notice at the top of the screen saying that my 5% discount only applied to pre-ordered books. I got the impression that the HD/Blu-ray discount had somehow got mixed up with some other discount related to books.
Old 05-13-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by waylonsmithers
You certainly do seem to care, seeing as how you have responded several times to a thread where you have had no constructive input.
Do you want him to break his streak of posting in every thread on the forum?

btw 5% for me, too.