DVD Talk
Does the LA Times carry a liberal or conservative bias? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Does the LA Times carry a liberal or conservative bias?

CKMorpheus
05-11-08, 02:56 PM
I just got a free subscription to the LA Times and I was wondering how much to trust for unbiased news. I'm hoping it's relatively neutral, so maybe you guys can tell me. Is the LA Times liberal, conservative, or neutral?

domino harvey
05-11-08, 03:02 PM
They're staunch Whigs and proud of it!

superdeluxe
05-11-08, 03:02 PM
I hear that the Times is liberal, but this could just be coming from conservatives, so who knows.

Red Dog
05-11-08, 03:21 PM
I suggest a subscription to the O.C. Register if you live in SoCal.

Giantrobo
05-11-08, 05:51 PM
Very Liberal. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Dr Mabuse
05-11-08, 06:08 PM
Very Liberal. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:lol:

BKenn01
05-11-08, 06:09 PM
I just got a free subscription to the LA Times and I was wondering how much to trust for unbiased news. I'm hoping it's relatively neutral

Is there such a thing as unbiased or neutral? Regardless of Right or Left, I have yet to hear of a paper who isnt one or the other.

PopcornTreeCt
05-17-08, 09:22 PM
California dude.

Bronkster
05-18-08, 02:47 AM
I'd say the Times leans to left whereas the Register swings way to the right, IMHO. And the comics are better in the Times!

movielib
05-18-08, 07:26 AM
:up: Best editorial page in the country.

movielib
05-18-08, 07:27 AM
I'd say the Times leans to left whereas the Register swings way to the right, IMHO. And the comics are better in the Times!
I'd say the Register swings libertarian.

B5Erik
05-18-08, 12:04 PM
Leans? If by leans you mean barely hanging on to the center by a thread while every other bit hangs way out over the left side of the aisle then, yeah, the L.A. Times leans to the left.

macnorton
05-18-08, 01:00 PM
Is there such a thing as unbiased or neutral? Regardless of Right or Left, I have yet to hear of a paper who isnt one or the other.

Stole my line...that is exactly what I have thought of the news in general for a number of years.

DVD Polizei
05-18-08, 01:54 PM
I just got a free subscription to the LA Times and I was wondering how much to trust for unbiased news. I'm hoping it's relatively neutral, so maybe you guys can tell me. Is the LA Times liberal, conservative, or neutral?

Well, when you get your first sub, let us know what the stories on the cover page are.

classicman2
05-18-08, 02:09 PM
I'm looking for a newspaper that has a Populist leaning. Are there any out there?

classicman2
05-18-08, 02:12 PM
Didn't the managing editor of the LA Times admit that the paper was a little too far to the left not that long ago?

I'd compare it to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

General Zod
05-18-08, 09:42 PM
Leans? If by leans you mean barely hanging on to the center by a thread while every other bit hangs way out over the left side of the aisle then, yeah, the L.A. Times leans to the left.
Agreed. The L.A. times leans very left. They've even admitted as much in the past. However the new owner (Zell) has said he intends to move the paper back towards the center once he gets all the debt issues worked out that he inherited with the purchase.