Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Queen of Rock, Tina Turner, will tour again

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-06-08, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tina Turner, like her pal, Cher, has decided to come out of retirement and do another 'final' tour.

Tina Turner plans first tour in eight years

By Ray Waddell

NASHVILLE (Hollywood Reporter) - At the Grammys in February, Beyonce introduced her as "the Queen." In the fall, Tina Turner will take it to her loyal subjects.

The Rock Hall of Famer plans to embark on her first tour in eight years beginning October1 at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo.

The arena tour will be promoted by AEG Live and will include about three dozen shows in North America, likely to be followed by engagements in Europe and other international dates.

Turner announced the tour at a taping of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" set to air Thursday. She said tickets will go on sale May 12.

Turner's 2000 tour, billed as her last, was the top-grossing jaunt of that year, according to Billboard Boxscore.

It grossed almost $110 million from 89 shows and drew more than 2 million people, averaging more than 24,000 a night in attendance. At the time it was the top-grossing tour ever by a female artist. The record has since been topped by Cher and Madonna.
Old 05-08-08, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love Tina and she put on an amazing show when I saw her live in 2000. But, judging from the Grammy performance, does anyone else think she may very well have gotten too old now? I don't know if I want to see her because the 2000 tour was a perfect way to go out, she was still in fantastic shape, she still was full of electricity, judging from the Grammys, I don't know if she can still sustain that.

I hope we get some new music from her
Old 05-08-08, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have to say, if you have the chance to see Tina Turner live, do it! She's AMAZING! I saw her in Kansas City, during her "final" tour, and I couldn't believe how energetic, amazing, and alive she is! She blew me away. She's up there with Madonna, in that she puts on AMAZING shows, with a tremendous amount of energy. If I get the chance, I'd LOVE to see her again!
Old 05-08-08, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tina's a born performer. Her Grammy performance was a little lackluster though. Maybe it was the age or lack of rehearsal.
Old 05-08-08, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

seeing her on Oprah, I was wrong about my fears from the mediocre Grammy performance.

She just needed some rehearsing, which she has gotten. On Oprah she looked, moved and acted as if it was still twenty years ago.