Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby "Revved Up Edition" (7/15/08)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-08, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2-Disk Set Including the Director's cut of the film. $19.95 list price.
More details to follow....

Here are more details:
"

* The new 2-disc Revved Up Edition of Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby is unrated and features an all-new added value disc!
* Hilarious never-before-seen special features including 10 additional deleted scenes, interviews with Ricky and Jean, raw takes, Writer/Director Adam McKay’s Video Diaries, cast auditions and more!"

Cover art is here: http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/043396186972

Last edited by chris_sc77; 05-05-08 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-05-08, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 181 Posts
I'm in if it contains movie cash for pineapple express. Same distributor?
Old 05-05-08, 06:12 PM

i will get this as i have not gotten around to getting the first release...
Old 05-05-08, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Ah, gotta love Sony and their double dips...
Old 05-05-08, 06:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nesbit
I'm in if it contains movie cash for pineapple express. Same distributor?
I would think it more likely to include a ticket to Step-Brothers if it did include a free ticket.
Old 05-05-08, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If there's nothing lost from the original release, I might pick this up. I bought the first release PV at Hollywood Video, so it might be worth it to sell the other copy for cheap and pick this up, especially if it has movie cash.
Old 05-05-08, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by chris_sc77
I would think it more likely to include a ticket to Step-Brothers if it did include a free ticket.
Oh, thought that was released before this. It would help if I looked stuff up or cared.
Old 05-05-08, 06:47 PM

Ironic, but I purchased this movie on DVD months ago but just got around to watching in this weekend. Mine has deleted & extended scenes, bonus race footage, gag reel, "line-o-rama" (whatever that is?) and a feature where Will Ferrell returns to Talladega.

I watched about half of it and quit. Not sure if I'll ever finish it or not. I may try and sell it on Amazon. Very doubtful I'd even buy that one again.

Last edited by Flicker; 05-05-08 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-05-08, 07:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to threadcrap, but this is a completely unnecesary double dip. Has any Sony representative wandered around in a retail shop like FYE or Gamestop? Talladega Nights and Spider-Man 3 have completely saturated their market. You can see multiple copies of the SD and Blu-Ray editions everywhere selling at discount prices.
Old 05-05-08, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll buy it. I find myself watching at least bits of this movie every few weeks, this would be a good buy for me.
Old 05-05-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Was I the only one who thought the theatrical cut was far superior to the unrated, extended cut?
Old 05-05-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Was I the only one who thought the theatrical cut was far superior to the unrated, extended cut?
I'm not sure I'd quite go as far as to say "far superior", but I prefer it. That's why I own both DVDs. This new one had better have something good or be available for a damn good price for me to buy a third copy.
Old 05-10-08, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
2-Disk Set Including the Director's cut of the film. $19.95 list price.
More details to follow....

Here are more details:
"

* The new 2-disc Revved Up Edition of Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby is unrated and features an all-new added value disc!
* Hilarious never-before-seen special features including 10 additional deleted scenes, interviews with Ricky and Jean, raw takes, Writer/Director Adam McKay’s Video Diaries, cast auditions and more!"

Cover art is here: http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/043396186972

The other version was pretty good and the extra content looks unlikely to be worth the double dip. It's clearly being brought out to release alongside the newFerrell-McKay movie Stepbrothers in the hope they can wring yet more money of one of 2006's biggest box-office hits. Bit sad really...still the movie is worth a look as it's got some good laughs and those looking to add it to their collections might enjoy this new version.
Old 05-10-08, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder if McKay's "Director's Cut" is actually a third version of this movie.

The main thing I was annoyed with, that most of the reviewers seemed to ignore (perhaps review copies were altered?) was that I listened to like 20 minutes of the director's commentary for the Unrated Talladega and it was NOT the one with Ferrell and Reilly pretending to commentate from 2029 or whatever. The main way I'd be enticed to pick this up is if they stuck out a companion Blu-Ray that contained all three cuts, their respective commentaries, and the rest of the extras on a separate disc.
Old 05-10-08, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Has anyone seen anything about this edition elsewhere? Out of curiosity I tried to Google it and the only results are the axelmusic link in this thread, this thread itself and a listing on Wal-Mart.com with really mixed up information.
Old 05-10-08, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Most likely, it'll probably be the unrated cut. If it is a new director's cut, here's hoping they replace the alternate unrated footage with the funnier (and superior) PG-13 footage.

The original one-disc was lacking compared to the other Apatow releases ESPECIALLY considering the balls-to-the-wall Anchorman two-disc set (which contains nearly three hours of deleted footage -- for those of us who bought it at Best Buy, there as an extra third disc with 30+ minutes more).

If this set is more aligned with the other Apatow releases, I'll double-dip. You have me sold if there's a free ticket to Step Brothers included.
Old 07-09-08, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Any updates on this? None of the ads that Speedy posted for next week appear to have this listed, and I can't find any more details about it online really. I'm wondering if it's the same cut as the previous Unrated release, and if it includes all of the special features from it as well.

Help!
Old 07-09-08, 09:18 PM
Banned

^Unfortunately I dont know what happened to this release. My guess would be either it has been canceled or it has been delayed to coincide with the step-Brothers DVD release in the fall or winter.