Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Samsung DLPs T6176S or 61A750 opinions?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-08, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My last TV I had for close to 8 years (old 65" Pioneer Elite) so I've been reading up on the newer technologies, and although LCD looks much better than it used to (PQ and pricewise), I still want to go slim DLP, and these are my top two choices right now. Basically what I've come down to is that I can get the older T6176S for around $1413, and the 61A750 for about $1844, so about $400 difference. My question is for those that own either of these sets or just know these TV's/technologies inside and out, are the updates in the 61A750 worth the extra $400? BTW, $400 isn't going to break my budget either way, just trying to figure out if the value is there.
Old 05-01-08, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont know about those 2 models but i think if you have the money its best to go for the pricier one. especially since you are going to have it for awhile.

i have a 50" samsung slim dlp and its really nice. the bulb just went out after a year though. luckily its covered under the samsung warranty. they are sending a tech over to replace it for free. i just beat the warranty cut off by a couple weeks. i have an extended warranty but its nice to know i still have 1 more bulb coming free.
Old 05-19-08, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Absolutely go for the higher priced one because it's an LED DLP. The bulb will probably last as long as you watch the TV so that will save you every few years. Also, there's no color wheel which, I've heard, can give you some rainbow effects and makes a noise.

I have the predecessor LED model to the 61A750 and I couldn't be happier with it (except that the new model is cheaper and, I assume, has made some improvements.). It's a no-brainer.

I'm sorry I didn't see your thread earlier. I hope you didn't get the cheap one.

Last edited by movielib; 05-19-08 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-19-08, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
I just got an HL61750A last week and I love it. The LED is a plus, since you never have to worry bulb replacement (the LED is supposed to last the life of the TV - about 9 or 10 years if you average 6 hours of TV per day). Plus, as mentioned there's no noise or rainbow problems.