LOST -- "Something Nice Back Home" -- 05.01.2008

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-08, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Something Nice Back Home"

Juliet and Kate must work together to save Jack when his health is seriously compromised; something goes wrong as Sawyer, Claire, Miles and Aaron head back to the beach.
Old 04-30-08, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
have a feeling this won't be that good.
Old 05-01-08, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah you gotta feel there's a "things go really wrong" episode coming soon, based on how the flashforwards are coming together.
Old 05-01-08, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can't wait!
Old 05-01-08, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
Yeah you gotta feel there's a "things go really wrong" episode coming soon, based on how the flashforwards are coming together.
D & C have said the flashforwards this season have been working towards how Jack and Kate got to be where they were in last year's finale, as well as revealing who was in the coffin, so we should be expecting things to go really badly sometime soon (for Jack, at least).
Old 05-01-08, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I would think we would need to see something about Claire soon, it's been a long time since they used her in a story.
Old 05-01-08, 09:52 AM

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
If this one is half as good as the last one, we are in for a treat!
Old 05-01-08, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh Lordy! My head is still reeling from last week's bloodbath... and yet... BRING IT ON!
Old 05-01-08, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can't wait!
Old 05-01-08, 10:42 AM
Banned

I wonder how Iron Man opening tonight will affect the ratings?
Old 05-01-08, 10:50 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
I wonder how Iron Man opening tonight will affect the ratings?
Niko Bellic is giving Iron Man a good kick in the nuts this week. I'd imagine there will be plenty of Losties taking a 1 hour break from mass murder to tune in tonight.

I'm ambivalent on this episode. I hope they can keep the pacing of last week, but it looks like filler until we can get back to the search for Jacob.

Last edited by Flay; 05-01-08 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-01-08, 11:10 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Flay
Niko Bellic is giving Iron Man a good kick in the nuts this week. I'm imagine there will be plenty of Losties taking a 1 hour break from mass murder to tune in tonight.
Yep, I've been blowing off everything I normally watch the last 2 nights, but I'll definitely take a break to watch Lost tonight.
Old 05-01-08, 01:27 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
shit i was thinkin this was last episode before pt 1 of finale. should be good then.
Old 05-01-08, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Early bet: Jack is time jumping.
Old 05-01-08, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Niko Bellic is giving Iron Man a good kick in the nuts this week. I'd imagine there will be plenty of Losties taking a 1 hour break from mass murder to tune in tonight.
I've been so exited to go home and play GTA4 that I almost forgot about LOST tonight

Early bet: Jack's Preggers. This island can do some weird things.
Old 05-01-08, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Not much in the way of spoilers for this one.

Spoiler:
Episode 4.10: Something Nice Back Home (Jack-centric)
Airdate: May 1, 2008

* 04/23 - TV Guide caught a scene shot for the May 1 episode in which Jack collapses, unconscious, on the beach. Expect Juliet to take charge and perform emergency surgery. "I get to go into Jack's guts!" says a gleeful Mitchell, who adds, "After reading this episode, I realized that Juliet really does truly love him." Even so, Jack's flash-forward revolves around Kate. Source: TV Guide
* 04/23 - "The Shape of Things to Come" will be followed by a flash-forward installment for Jack. "We're starting to close the loop on the end of last season," says [Matthew] Fox. "Jack in the future is a man marked by weakness, but the Jack of the present is strong. You're going to understand how he made that transition." Source: Entertainment Weekly
* 04/23 - On Juliet and Jack: "Well, Jack and Juliet obviously kissed in the sixth episode this year, and we will be sort of revisiting the emotional idea of that and their relationship in our second episode back, which is the one that airs on May 1," says Damon. Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 04/21 - When Jack's health is seriously compromised, Kate and Juliet must learn to work together in order to save him; and something goes wrong as Sawyer, Claire, Aaron and Miles continue their trek away from Locke's camp and back to the beach. Guest starring are Ken Leung as Miles, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Sam Anderson as Bernard, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose and Kevin Durand as Keamy. Source: ABC
* 03/30 - Lost returned to the Windward Community College campus in Kaneohe today to film another scene at the "Santa Rosa Mental Institute." A sign was set up in back, fronting a sometimes soccer field, and Jack's old pickup truck was parked nearby. Filming took place inside Hale Kuhina, the continuing education/employment training building, with Jorge Garcia and Matthew Fox. A man dressed as a doctor (Dr. Stillman, perhaps, given recent casting calls) and a couple of burly orderlies were also sighted milling about. Hale Kuhina is within a stone's throw of the Hawaii State Hospital building and shady tree that served as the Santa Rosa lawn where Hurley received a mysterious visit from Charlie. On Friday, Lost set up shop in Hawaii Pacific University's Frear Center, located in an office building in downtown Honolulu. The scene took place inside "St. Sebastian Neuro Clinic," so of course Matthew Fox (Jack Shepherd) was spotted among dozens of extras dressed in medical garb. But also featured prominently was John Terry (Christian Shepherd). Brief shots were filmed at the clinic's front desk, and inside Dr. Jack Shepherd's office. Source: The Transmission
* 03/22 - Dr. Stillman - Male, 50s, any ethnicity. A kind, but no-nonsense psychiatrist who reaches a wall with a patient and has to reach out for help. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog
* 03/17 - Dr. Erika Stevens - Female, African-American, late-30s or older. An intelligent, caring doctor who is not adverse to putting in long work hours to help her patients. Source: Lost Spoilers
* 03/12 - Walt's Island visitations are alluded to in episode 10, but that's it for explaining the mysteries of Walt for the rest of this much-shorter-than-it-should-be season four. Source: Kristin on E!Online
Old 05-01-08, 02:56 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Early bet: Jack has the rockin' pneumonia (some are guessing that it's actually the boogie-woogie blues -- but those people are idiots).
Old 05-01-08, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^ boogie-woogie flu
Old 05-01-08, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm going to see Lost AND Iron Man tonight. Should be fun!
Old 05-01-08, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess most of the people already know, or think they know, who is in the casket.
Old 05-01-08, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Raul3
I guess most of the people already know, or think they know, who is in the casket.
Not really. Everyone has their own theory. I believe Michael is still the lead contender followed by Ben, Jacob, Whidmore and then some unknown player.
Old 05-01-08, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Not really. Everyone has their own theory. I believe Michael is still the lead contender followed by Ben, Jacob, Whidmore and then some unknown player.
I never thought of the possibility that it could be Widmore. Of course, I also can't see how someone as powerful as him dies, under a false name, and no one figures it out. Why would he even be in LA?

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if it is in fact Ben, and Sayid is the one who put him there. Ben might have been behind Nadia's death all along. I only thought of that because last week they confirmed Sayid was living with Nadia in LA before her death. Ben told Sayid that he would contact him when it was time to kill someone else. I figure it's only natural for Sayid to return home to wait for Ben's message. Of course, the problem with this theory is that I think Ben has become too important to kill off in the "future" storylines.
Old 05-01-08, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Fuck! Guess that kills any chance of Rousseau stalking around the island..

Old 05-01-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I loved the Millenium Falcon in the beginning :P
Old 05-01-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
My favorite aspect of the series, that feeling of "wtf? well maybe if..." came rushing back w/ the Hurley scene for some reason, yaaah.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.