Reaper -- "Coming to Grips" -- 4/29/2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-08, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Reaper -- "Coming to Grips" -- 4/29/2008

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Andi finally learns Sam's secret regarding the Devil after she is captured by a demon and the gang must rescue her. Unfortunately for Sam, the truth causes Andi to fear him and keep her distance. Meanwhile, Ben meets the woman of his dreams while chasing a demon at a hospital's maternity ward, but a major fact keeps them from being together.

Interesting to see where they go from here now that the rebellion has failed...
Old 04-29-08, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another good episode. It seemed the season is picking up with these last few episodes. Looking forward to see what direction they are going to go with it.
Old 04-30-08, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show has really come into its own.
Old 04-30-08, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If I were Sam, I would tell Tony right away about what the devil wants.
Old 04-30-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

These last few episodes have really put the show on a nice track. There is a Buffy-esqe feel to the show. Any word on if it will return for another season? I have a feeling that since I like it, it will not return.
Old 04-30-08, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really hope the CW gives this another season. I liked it from the beginning but it's really taken off these past few weeks.

It's good to see Andi finally in the know. Now I'm waiting for an Andi/Cady catfight.
Old 04-30-08, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Well hopefully Farmer Wants a Wife will bomb tonight and the CW will realize they need scripted shows. Plus with Smackdown leaving the network, they need another 2 hours to fill Friday nights.
Old 04-30-08, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This was a big step down from last week, but that on was great. Sucks that Steve is gone. I thought they were a great addition to the show. Michael Ian Black must've had to start working on I Love the 00's for VH-1.
Old 05-01-08, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nth Power
I really hope the CW gives this another season. I liked it from the beginning but it's really taken off these past few weeks.

It's good to see Andi finally in the know. Now I'm waiting for an Andi/Cady catfight.
Gotta agree with you on all those points. It's been great these past few weeks. Here's to the Cady/Andi fight....

I do hope Michael Ian Black isn't gone for good.
Old 05-01-08, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another great episode. I hope that they bring this back for next season, but I kinda doubt it.
Old 05-01-08, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by achau9598
These last few episodes have really put the show on a nice track. There is a Buffy-esqe feel to the show. Any word on if it will return for another season? I have a feeling that since I like it, it will not return.
I posted in last weeks thread that it is on the bubble right now. The remaining weeks ratings will probably determine its fate!

Chris
Old 05-01-08, 02:11 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've grown to like REAPER enough that I think it easily earns the award for "most underrated and underappreciated series of the year". Watching last week, I decided this is what a good spinoff of Keven Smith's DOGMA would (should?) be like.
Old 05-01-08, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
This show has been several levels of awesome the last couple of weeks.

The cast has better chemistry than most.
Old 05-02-08, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
I enjoyed the episode, but it seemed kind of rushed towards the end. I also hope for a girl fight between Cady and Andi. I know Andi would be crushed, but I can still hope.
Old 05-04-08, 10:01 PM

Yes, sigh....a show that I like ... and is not liked mainstream (Jericho, Arrested Development, Brimstone, Journeyman, etc) means that it will probably not be renewed, but I hope it will!

This was a great episode... get in the circle! And the girl with the piercing green eyes from BSG could be a great addition....
Old 05-04-08, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Can't really add to what's been said other than I love this show. Count me as another who hopes it gets renewed.
Old 05-05-08, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hollywood Reporter is saying that Reaper looks likely to be back for the Fall season

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...12bc5f94313790

Some shows will get second chances despite ratings
By James Hibberd

May 4, 2008, 09:16 PM

For broadcast series still hoping for a renewal, last week was rough sledding.

CBS' "Shark" and ABC's "Women's Murder Club" returned to post about a 2.0 rating among adults 18 to 49, joining low-rated outings by fellow bubble shows "Moonlight" (CBS), "Boston Legal" (ABC) and "Reaper" (The CW).

But with most scripted series struggling from a writers strike ratings hangover, the networks seem inclined to give some of the lagging shows a second chance this fall.

Here's how things stand:

-- "Men in Trees": Producers of ABC's drama were recently told the show will not return for a third season. Last year, the show scored a surprising early renewal, but last month averaged only about a 1.6 demo rating.

-- "Boston Legal": A recent episode of "Legal" hit a series low but, then again, what show hasn't? Given a strong lead-in, "Legal" tends to hold a reliable number. It's also an Emmy darling. A likely pickup.

-- "Reaper": The word on CW's cult-favorite supernatural dramedy has turned unexpectedly positive. Though recent episodes have pulled about a 1.1 rating, the CW needs a suitable Thursday night partner for "Supernatural" as next season is expected to be the last for "Smallville." Plus, after adding DVR use, "Reaper" ratings often climb a higher percentage than any other series, and CW executives are fond of the show.

-- "Shark": Another network might be inclined to give this drama another chance, but CBS sets a high ratings bar for pickups and "Shark" has a tough time clearing it. Industry oddsmakers are pessimistic about a fall return.

-- "The New Adventures of Old Christine": With CBS' Monday night comedy block continuing to perform strong while other returning shows crash, the network is considering opening up another night of comedy. If so, the net is going to need "Christine." As for "How I Met Your Mother," a pickup is considered a given.

-- "Moonlight": Since returning post-strike, "Moonlight" remains the weakest link in CBS' Friday night lineup. Yet the vampire drama continues to win its time period. A pickup is all but certain.

-- "Eli Stone": and "Women's Murder Club" The bubbliest of the bubble shows, "Stone" has split industry opinions. The season finale scored only a 2.0 rating. Yet ABC likes the show and the network has a history of giving a second chance to modestly rated freshman series ("Trees," "What About Brian"). If ABC picks up "Stone," a renewal for similarly rated "Murder Club" becomes less likely.

-- "Cashmere Mafia" and "October Road": With uninspiring ratings and stars of both ABC shows posed to move to other projects, a return appears unlikely.
Old 05-05-08, 09:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Great news.
Old 05-06-08, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Who was the girl that was Ben's "perfect girl" in the Hospital, she looked really familiar?
Old 05-06-08, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

She plays on Battlestar Galactica.
Old 05-06-08, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fantastic news, if true.
Old 05-06-08, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
One benefit from the writers strike. Shows that normally would have been canceled in a heartbeat getting a second chance next year.
Old 05-08-08, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

how long does it take for these to show up onthe cw page, this weeks isn't up yet...