Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Bang Theory -- "The Nerdvana Annihilation" -- 4/28/2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-08, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Big Bang Theory -- "The Nerdvana Annihilation" -- 4/28/2008

I have to say, this is fast becoming one of my favorite shows of this season. Between the Venn Diagraham joke, the overall "Time Machine" element (one of my favorite movies ever), and the actual implementation of said time machine (in which everyone "speeds up" - one of the funnier things I've seen in a very long time), everything seems to click with this show.

And this coming from someone who, upon viewing the first episode, thought it was terrible, and rather stupid.

Oh, and $800 for the time machine... My bid would have been the first.
Old 04-28-08, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by invisiblegt
I have to say, this is fast becoming one of my favorite shows of this season. Between the Venn Diagraham joke, the overall "Time Machine" element (one of my favorite movies ever), and the actual implementation of said time machine (in which everyone "speeds up" - one of the funnier things I've seen in a very long time), everything seems to click with this show.

And this coming from someone who, upon viewing the first episode, thought it was terrible, and rather stupid.

Oh, and $800 for the time machine... My bid would have been the first.
The first episode was terrible and stupid...I'm still amazed how they righted the ship so quickly.
Old 04-28-08, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Overall this has been a rather humorous season, and I look forward to seeing it in the future (and maybe even a dvd release)

Favorite character sheldon imo. Every episode he is spot on with that witty persona. My favorite scene this season I think was the tag outro awhile back when he thought he was drinking diet coke, but he wasn't (I don't remember what it was - but I remember her saying it was "slutty") and he was just going at it on the piano haha.

Another good episode tonight though, glad they are keeping it up.

EDIT: Concerning the pilot, it seems a bit ironic that the the director of the first episode hasn't directed since....

Last edited by pridesticks06; 04-28-08 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-29-08, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When Penny came out of her apartment, wearing the tanktop and short-shorts, did anyone else go . "what the f-?"
It's one thing to have a hot girl living next door, but that was just cruel.

D
Old 04-29-08, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Derrich
When Penny came out of her apartment, wearing the tanktop and short-shorts, did anyone else go . "what the f-?"
It's one thing to have a hot girl living next door, but that was just cruel.

D
Glad you mentioned this. I was hoping someone might have a screencap.
Old 04-29-08, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It was cruel, but tolerable.
Old 04-29-08, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
It was cruel, but tolerable.
Yes it was, but not as cruel as Mike showing up. It was then that Leonard thought "I'm nowhere near as good looking as him and I'll never get anyone that looks like her so I might as well keep all of my "nerdy" stuff."
Old 04-29-08, 09:32 AM

glad to see they dropped the last few weeks episode string of lets see what annoying thing Sheldon does today, Sheldon getting sick, Sheldon going up against a 15 year old prodigy, Sheldon facing the guys in a trivia challenge got really tiring.
Old 04-29-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by educator_bhoy
glad to see they dropped the last few weeks episode string of lets see what annoying thing Sheldon does today, Sheldon getting sick, Sheldon going up against a 15 year old prodigy, Sheldon facing the guys in a trivia challenge got really tiring.
I do have to agree; Sheldon as a member of the group, as opposed to a foil, is far better to watch, and far more entertaining.
Old 04-29-08, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by educator_bhoy
I didn't care for those first two Sheldon episodes, but i really enjoyed last weeks trivia bowl, the look on sheldon's face when the janitor spoke up made me laugh my ass off.
Last nites episode was one fo the best of the season. The.
Originally Posted by invisiblegt
I woke up my 2yr old laughing at that part.