Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Battlestar Galactica "Escape Velocity" 4/25/08

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: What did you think of this weeks episode of BSG?
Ugh, horrible stuff.
10.39%
Eh. I didn't care for it.
20.78%
It was OK.
40.26%
I enjoyed it.
19.48%
Fantastic Episode!!!
9.09%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-08, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Battlestar Galactica "Escape Velocity"

looks like they only streamed half the episode today, and only at noon

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/episodes/index.php
Old 04-25-08, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Lets start a drinking game. Everytime Starbuck yells "we're going the wrong way!" everybody take a shot. We should all be drunk about 4 minutes into the episode.
Old 04-25-08, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

So far my favorite episode of the season, perhaps because of the lack of Starbuck.
Old 04-25-08, 10:41 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, that was a really annoying episode. I'm not liking the way this season has started. For every good scene, there are 5 bad ones. Maybe it's just me.

It was neat to see Baltar being lifted up by...nobody, as seen by the others.

No Starbuck I figured would be a good thing, but at least that part of things we know is leading towards the end game. Tory and Lee couldn't be more annoying if the writers tried.
Old 04-25-08, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Boring episode. Most of this season has been lackluster.
Old 04-25-08, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorry, didn't see the other one, prob b/c it was posted so early. I thought mods were all up in arms about no threads till it airs?
Old 04-26-08, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really liked the RAZOR movie and the first episode of this season -- so I thought this show was back on track.

But the last three episodes have really seemed to be put together in a haphazard way which has limited my enjoyment of the eps. We get fragments of good scenes, but there doesn't seem to be a cohesive main point to the individual episodes. It's OK to work toward the main arc of the series (and I realize there's just 16 new episodes left now); but there needs to be a more satisfying and definitive "front" story to each episode than we're currently getting.

Another thing: Since we still don't understand the "boundaries" of the makeup of the newly-revealed human Cylons, its really hard to get emotionally involved in what they're doing. Last week Tory ejected Carrie out of the airlock; saving the hybrid baby in the process. This week Tyrol fails to properly service a ship which almost results in multiple human deaths. Did he do this due to being distracted by the grief of losing his human wife? Or was this a subconscious demand from his Cylon side? The confrontation with Adama in the bar later only served to muddle any possible answer to this question. I dunno' ... perhaps these episodes will be more enjoyable later when we know for sure what the newly revealed "four" are all about. But right now it's just difficult to get involved with these characters (even Tigh who's character I've always enjoyed until now).

I was actually hoping for a scene or two this week depicting where we stood with the resolution of the Cylon civil war. Are most of the "Sixes" and "Sharons" dead now? Will the "Three" series be unboxed? Right now, I'm enjoying that plotline more than the disjointed scenes that we're getting dealing with the remnants of the human fleet. But like everything else it's being doled out at a glacier pace.

Last edited by Joseph B; 04-26-08 at 02:00 AM.
Old 04-26-08, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Jadzia:
Can you merge the Battlestar Galactica threads? There is 2 floating around now.

Also, why does the Battlestar Galactica episode threads need a poll?
Old 04-26-08, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Joseph B
Another thing: Since we still don't understand the "boundaries" of the makeup of the newly-revealed human Cylons, its really hard to get emotionally involved in what they're doing. Last week Tory ejected Carrie out of the airlock; saving the hybrid baby in the process. This week Tyrol fails to properly service a ship which almost results in multiple human deaths. Did he do this due to being distracted by the grief of losing his human wife? Or was this a subconscious demand from his Cylon side? The confrontation with Adama in the bar later only served to muddle any possible answer to this question. I dunno' ... perhaps these episodes will be more enjoyable later when we know for sure what the newly revealed "four" are all about. But right now it's just difficult to get involved with these characters (even Tigh who's character I've always enjoyed until now).
I think we're seeing Tyrol's internal conflict with what he's become. He can't accept it or handle it. Cally (Callandra?) "committing suicide" just makes it worse. I wonder what he'll do when he finds out Torry killed her? Tigh is in complete denial regarding being a cylon, and Torry revels in it. All three are breaking down, but in different ways. We don't know what Sam is feeling, but since he's locked up in a rusty freighter with Kara, he's got bigger problems than realizing he's a cylon, so he's probably not even thinking about it.

I don't think Baltar is the twelfth cylon, but he's instrumental in how all will be revealed. Lee is setting himself up nicely to become president when Laura croaks.
Old 04-26-08, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Since I've gotten used to watching the past seasons' episodes without commercials, I've been DVR-ing the 4th season episodes, and starting around 20 minutes after the episodes starts. I was so unengaged and underwhelmed by this week's episode that I dozed off during the final scene (where Baltar and his groupies are being kept in smaller congregational numbers before Lee shows up to save the political day). So far, still too many B-plots interwoven into these early episodes, and the quest for earth seems to be an after-thought. Didn't think much of the "pain is growth, pain is learning" lesson for Tigh. Tyrol just flushed away his job and rank(?). Tori is power-mad. Starbuck is tired. Laura is bald(ing). Adama is finally finishing a favorite book. Baltar is still currying martyr points for his clan. I was hoping for a little better writing from Jane Espenson, but I fear she was hamstrung by the dictates of the longer arc for this season.
Old 04-26-08, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Much boringness except for the Baltar and Lee subplots.

But what's up with Harvey-6 being able to physically lift Baltar? It looked physically impossible for Baltar to do it himself, which pretty much eliminates the possibilities that she's a chip or figment of his imagination. Does that mean she's Iblis?
Old 04-26-08, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ugh lame episode all around for me.
Old 04-26-08, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya
Jadzia:
Also, why does the Battlestar Galactica episode threads need a poll?
Whenever there isn't one people ask for it.
Old 04-26-08, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm catching up with the third season so I can catch up with the fourth. Should I even bother?
Old 04-26-08, 06:30 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
I'm catching up with the third season so I can catch up with the fourth. Should I even bother?
Yeah, I would...while the first few this season haven't been great overall, and there were some lame S3 eps, I'm still hopeful that the last 10 eps or so of the series will be great.
Old 04-26-08, 09:09 PM

Just an ok episode but still better than some of the stand alone episodes that Season 3 had. It also seems that the first four episodes are rolling into some bigger episodes coming soon. Kind of like how B5 would build up for some major episodes.

Loved Baltar's line to Tori " I think I prefered it when you cried" when she was holding him down. LOL
Old 04-27-08, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
I'm not trying to be mean here but, if you're stupid enough to stop watching a show that you like, that you're 75% of the way through because some other people don't like it then maybe you should quit watching.
Old 04-27-08, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jason
Tigh is in complete denial regarding being a cylon...
Imagine how he is going to feel when it is revealed that his wife is not dead... because she is the final cylon.
Old 04-27-08, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Excellent episode. The stuff with Baltar was great, the government breaking down, the different ways the Four are dealing with their situation, Tyrol's tearing down of Callie, saying exactly what I've always thought about their relationship...any other show would have given us a "she was too good for me" reaction but nope, we get brutal honesty here. Tigh gets his own brand of crazy, Roslin goes more and more power-hungry, Tory embraces her "perfection"...just great stuff all around.

Can't wait to see where this all goes. Seems like they are really setting up the big blowout that ends the series. I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited by Draven; 04-27-08 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-27-08, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I thought it was pretty good. I think the last cyclon might be god. And the form god is taking is the six in balter's head or balter sometimes balter in six's head. Notice how six lifts balter up like she is really there.
Old 04-27-08, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Barry Van Dyke is the last cylon
Old 04-27-08, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
While still a favorite character of mind, it was refreshing to see Galen refer to Cally that way. It really does seem the writers are taking advantage of knowing that this is the last hurrah.

Couple of weird Fight Club vibes here and there, when Baltar is being shown invisibly supported, and when Caprica Six/head-Ellen are beating the crap out of Tigh and talking about using the pain.
Old 04-27-08, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Pain was the theme this episode. Don't forget Tori pulling out baltar's hair.
Old 04-27-08, 07:25 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Tyrol and Tigh falling apart was the best part of the episode. Can't wait until he finds out it was Tory that got rid of Cally
Old 04-27-08, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
You know, someone could not have watched the the first four episodes of this season, pick up on Ep. 5, and not have missed anything.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.