Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'P2'

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-08, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
DVD Talk review of 'P2'

I read Ian Jane's DVD review of P2 at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=32863 and...

I respect the reviewer's opinions on the movie. However, personally, I found it be quite entertaining, smartly written, well-acted (Wes Bentley is a blast to watch) and a lot of good old fashioned popcorn fun.

Sure, it's cliche ridden but I'm a fan of Aja's brand of horror/suspense. Honestly, I didn't expect much going in given the wretched reviews but it's not nearly as awful as people would have you believe. Give 'P2' a chance for some good escapism. It's not overly long and gets to the point without a tedious exercise in needless characterization.

Oh, and the constant eye candy cleavage didn't hurt either

Last edited by Dan1boy; 04-25-08 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-25-08, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dan1boy
I read Ian Jane's DVD review of P2 at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=32863 and...

I respect the reviewer's opinions on the movie. However, personally, I found it be quite entertaining, smartly written, well-acted (Wes Bentley is a blast to watch) and a lot of good old fashioned popcorn fun.

Sure, it's cliche ridden but I'm a fan of Aja's brand of horror/suspense. Honestly, I didn't expect much going in given the wretched reviews but it's not nearly as awful as people would have you believe. Give 'P2' a chance for some good escapism. It's not overly long and gets to the point without a tedious exercise in needless characterization.

Oh, and the constant eye candy cleavage didn't hurt either
Ian Jane wrote a thoughtful review, and it was interesting to read.

But, I felt the same way as you about the movie itself: not great, but not nearly as bad as reviews would have you believe.

By the way, if you liked Rachel Nichols in this, you should check out the horror flick The Woods. She's great in a supporting role as a really mean schoolgirl.