DVD Talk
Extra 20% credit on trade-ins @ SecondSpin.com - 4/25-4/28 ONLY!! [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Extra 20% credit on trade-ins @ SecondSpin.com - 4/25-4/28 ONLY!!

bwsmom
04-24-08, 07:28 PM
For those of you who've been waiting, it's that time again!

From my email:

Don't leave your music, movies & games sitting around gathering dust - turn them into CASH! And for four days only, get 20% more for your trade-in! And since SecondSpin.com pays the most for your Used CDs, DVDs & Games, that's a lot of cash! Use promo code 20more4 at checkout to receive your 20% bonus. But hurry... this offer is valid only Friday, April 25 thru 11:59 p.m., Monday, April 28! (Any sell order placed after this time will not receive the 20% bonus.) So don't waste any time...gather your CDs, DVDs & Games and start making 20% more cash now! Your friends at SecondSpin.com (http://www.secondspin.com) .

Enjoy! :)

BambooLounge
04-24-08, 07:42 PM
Damnit! I waited and waited, then finally got impatient and sent in a huge batch last week...I knew this would happen.

Flynn
04-25-08, 12:18 AM
Hallelujah!

Arpeggi
04-25-08, 12:38 AM
Thank You!

DVDmaniac14
04-25-08, 02:49 AM
man im sad i got banned :(

Mosskeeto
04-25-08, 03:27 AM
man im sad i got banned :(
What did it? Huge quantities or just duplicate copies of a title.

***J***
04-25-08, 06:20 AM
Can you use this code more then once?

DVDmaniac14
04-25-08, 07:24 AM
What did it? Huge quantities or just duplicate copies of a title.

Duplicate copies...and secondspin.com hates me :(

moonraker
04-25-08, 12:39 PM
{sigh} They are only offering $0.25 for Scoop (2006)... so the extra 20% would raise this to a whopping $0.30. Call me crazy, but I'm not getting too excited.

dkny75
04-25-08, 12:52 PM
I have a bunch of older versions of movies that DVD Planet doesn't have in their database so this is huge for me. I've never sent stuff to SecondSpin but how do they want boxes packed and shipped? I couldn't find any info on their site.

lena
04-26-08, 01:34 AM
I have a bunch of older versions of movies that DVD Planet doesn't have in their database so this is huge for me. I've never sent stuff to SecondSpin but how do they want boxes packed and shipped? I couldn't find any info on their site.I've never sold anything to them either, but will give it a shot. Hope this helps: Store Policies (http://www.secondspin.com/stores/ss/help/store-policies.jsp)

longshanks
04-26-08, 02:07 AM
It doesn't explicitly say it in the policies, but does anyone know if they accept DVDs that have black marker over the UPCs? I have some sets from Dollar General that are marked in this way....

Mosskeeto
04-26-08, 04:42 PM
It doesn't explicitly say it in the policies, but does anyone know if they accept DVDs that have black marker over the UPCs? I have some sets from Dollar General that are marked in this way....
This might be a little iffy according to their acceptance policies:

"Prices offered on our site are for personal use items only. Sorry, prices are not valid for overstocked items.
"We do not accept items with any writing on the artwork. (if you'd like us to make an exception, please email us.)
"CDs with notches or holes cut into the jewel case are accepted on an "as needed" basis. (please email us the list of items)."

Try e-mailing them to settle this.

Mosskeeto
04-26-08, 04:49 PM
I've never sold anything to them either, but will give it a shot.
I've sold to them twice and will try to get a package together for this one. Use their guidelines but don't overdo it. One box with contents cushioned by bubblewrap or peanut fill is fine. They reimburse shipping media-mail costs at a modest sum, determined by title count NOT actual postage meter amount.

ruk
04-26-08, 05:03 PM
where does it say that they will reimburse you for shipping, i cannot seem to find it, thanks.

Nevermind, found it

tesey20
04-26-08, 05:51 PM
What is the best way to ship the DVDs to them? Do I need to bubble wrap everything?

valkyrie
04-26-08, 08:58 PM
Anyone know if they take items with the proof-of-purchase cut out?

JTH182
04-26-08, 09:38 PM
how much does it usually cost to ship DVDs? they only reimburse $2.57 for 5-6 items. Is that about right?

valkyrie
04-26-08, 09:42 PM
how much does it usually cost to ship DVDs? they only reimburse $2.57 for 5-6 items. Is that about right?

Even if you use media mail, it will probably be a bit more expensive than that. I suppose you could do smaller lots.

Mosskeeto
04-28-08, 02:42 AM
Anyone know if they take items with the proof-of-purchase cut out?
They will reject it if it's missing the UPC/Barcode which are often sacrificed for most mail-in offers/rebates. The little perforated P.O.P. tabs are not an issue.

johnsun
04-28-08, 08:06 AM
Hi. What time zone does secondspin operated by? Is it 11:59 p.m PST?
Thanks

docdoowop
04-28-08, 09:05 AM
Duplicate copies...and secondspin.com hates me :(

Yeah, same. I'm still in Wherehouse's good graces tho. Wish they'd bring back the extra 20% promotion.

jewellrunner
04-28-08, 10:10 AM
They only reimburse shipping for a minimum of 5 items? They used to do 3. I put in a quote for 3 items, but I'll probably never send. I'll use 1/4 of my credit to ship the items.

Mr.Briggs
05-11-08, 05:43 PM
I've never used secondspin before. Does it matter if the dvds are still factory sealed? I have 5 dvds I want to sell back to them & 2 have never been opened but I can't get much anywhere for them (original Jewel of the Nile & Nightmare Before Christmas). Do they want them opened so they've been checked out or is it okay just to send them sealed? I'm surprised not to see that on their faq.

ben12
05-11-08, 06:39 PM
I've never used secondspin before. Does it matter if the dvds are still factory sealed? I have 5 dvds I want to sell back to them & 2 have never been opened but I can't get much anywhere for them (original Jewel of the Nile & Nightmare Before Christmas). Do they want them opened so they've been checked out or is it okay just to send them sealed? I'm surprised not to see that on their faq.
I'm not 100% sure, but since they don't offer more for sealed discs, I think they'll just open them up and check the disc out before paying you.

Kory
05-11-08, 06:45 PM
You can't sell "Nightmare Before Christmas"? Isn't it OOP and actually somewhat sought-after?

Cosmic Bus
05-22-08, 08:28 PM
They reimburse shipping media-mail costs at a modest sum, determined by title count NOT actual postage meter amount.

I received my check today and was not reimbursed for the shipping (nor have I ever been in the past). Is there some trick to getting them to do this? My trade-ins consisted over 25 or so DVDs and a handful of CDs...

Mosskeeto
05-23-08, 03:01 AM
I received my check today and was not reimbursed for the shipping (nor have I ever been in the past). Is there some trick to getting them to do this? My trade-ins consisted over 25 or so DVDs and a handful of CDs...
Here is their FAQ quote:

"Shipping Reimbursement:
We now offer shipping credit for up to 25 items! When you sell 5 or more items in one transaction we'll give you a shipping credit for the Media Mail rate of your shipment. This credit is based on the number of items sold in one transaction (see our postage credit below). Please note we will only provide credit for items that are ACCEPTED.

Trade in 5-6 items; receive $2.47 credit
Trade in 7-10 items; receive $2.81 credit
Trade in 11-14 items; receive $3.15 credit
Trade in 15-17 items; receive $3.49 credit
Trade in 18-21 items; receive $3.83 credit
Trade in 22-24 items; receive $4.17 credit
Trade in 25 or more items; receive $4.51 credit

The credit will appear in your account when we receive your trade-ins. Sorry, we cannot offer more credit if your shipping costs are higher.
If you ship multiple sell orders in the same box, the orders will be combined and you will only receive one shipping reimbursement based on the number of units accepted from the combined order."

My recent shipment was accepted in full and credited with Media Mail costs without prompting. The check is en route.

Mosskeeto
05-23-08, 03:05 AM
Store Policies (https://www.secondspin.com/help/) link.

Jim
05-23-08, 11:12 AM
I've sent DVDs in twice this year when they've had the extra 20% offer and was reimbursed for the shipping as expected. I've been very happy with selling to them.

Are you sure you didn't get reimbursed for shipping? It's added into the check they send, although it doesn't show up in the totals in the emails you receive. If you didn't, you should just contact them to clear it up.

Mosskeeto
05-23-08, 03:40 PM
In the e-mail notification of "Selling To SecondSpin" that one receives, they usually specify the payment in this manner (this example is from my recent order):

"This amount consists of $--.-- for the items sent plus $2.81 to reimburse your shipping expenses."