TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Office -- "Night Out" -- 4/24/2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-08, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Office -- "Night Out" -- 4/24/2008

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Michael (Steve Carell) and Dwight (Rainn Wilson) decide to surprise Ryan (B.J. Novak) in New York for a night of clubbing and meet his friends. Meanwhile, the Scranton branch is upset when they find out they have to come in on a Saturday for Ryan's website project. Jim's plan to save them has unexpected results.

Reminder from the Office Tally webpage:

Looks like we get some extra minutes of Office goodness for the next few weeks.

My contacts at NBC have confirmed that the next three episodes, Night Out, Did I Stutter? and Job Fair, will run a minute or two over its normal air time. (My TiVo programming guide states The Office will run from 9pm to 9:32pm).

Last edited by enderwiggin; 04-24-08 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-24-08, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news. Ain't It Cool has plot synopses up for the next few episodes...and 1 of them might actually take place in the office. Maybe.
Old 04-24-08, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmmm... good and bad news. Does that also mean LESS 30 Rock?
Old 04-24-08, 10:03 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Less commercials during 30 Rock maybe?
Old 04-24-08, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Wonder if this episode is modeled after the British Office episode when they went to a night club. Gareth ended up going home with a swinging couple. Maybe Dwight will have the same fate.
Old 04-24-08, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cungar
Wonder if this episode is modeled after the British Office episode when they went to a night club. Gareth ended up going home with a swinging couple. Maybe Dwight will have the same fate.
Old 04-24-08, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
40 year old virgin all over again.

"do you have powers?"

lmao.
Old 04-24-08, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Toby -

Funniest scene in the whole episode.
Old 04-24-08, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
LOL at Pam's pass into Meredith's face at point blank range. Pretty funny episode, overall. Tobey's surprise announcement was a WTF moment, but worthy of laugh.
Old 04-24-08, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

"Son of a Bitch" lol,

Great episode.
Old 04-24-08, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
weak episode. not a fan of pam and jim being turned into bad guys. the toby stuff was pretty funny though.
Old 04-24-08, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great episode. "Mom, I have to go, one of my friends is being beat up by a bunch of girls"
Old 04-24-08, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Patman
LOL at Pam's pass into Meredith's face at point blank range. Pretty funny episode, overall. Tobey's surprise announcement was a WTF moment, but worthy of laugh.
I think he realized everyone saw what he did to Pam, and he panicked.
Old 04-24-08, 08:34 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
"I've been watching The Wire, don't understand a word they're saying"
Old 04-24-08, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Only Dwight would come up with a genius plan to get in the club, make out with one of the girls, then turn her down for some silly reason.
Old 04-24-08, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I liked this. As soon as Michael said they were going to New York, I immediately thought of the complaints coming from this place. But I think this excursion from the office can be justified by the obvious drug storyline they're going to engage in with Ryan. I can see some people crying foul at such a serious angle happening in the show, but it has the potential to produce some interesting TV since you know The Office isn't going to get all sappy on us with it.

And am I the only one thinking that maybe, just maybe, when we see the end of Jim and Pam, Toby will be the open arms Pam needs?
Old 04-24-08, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I usually hate "out of office" Offices, but I actually liked this one. Mainly because the rest of the cast was involved. That's usually my main complaint when they go out of the office because when that happens the show usually focuses on only a couple of the cast members. This time, the focus was obviously on Michael, Dwight and Ryan, but at least the rest of the cast got some screen time and some good lines. I still hate Pam and Jim more and more everytime I see them though.

P.S. I wonder how much coke Ryan actually did that night. He was flying!
Old 04-24-08, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Toby running off and jumping the fence had me

So did the unveil of Ryan's apartment. Finally a show that accurately depicts living in NY!
Old 04-24-08, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
not a fan of pam and jim being turned into bad guys.
Jim and Pam were turned into bad guys? I must have missed that part.
Old 04-24-08, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I totally bought the Toby reaction. I bought it so much that I had hide my face behind my hands and watch the rest of the scene through my fingers. He got caught, panicked, and overreacted. I hope that really was PL jumping the fence.

About Jim's non-reaction, I think he was so shocked at what Toby did, that he couldn't do anything.

I gotta admit that if I was in Dwight's shoes, I wouldn't take one for the team. I would've left Michael and Ryan and hooked up with the "Amazon" woman. Tall, drop dead gorgeous blonde? Right up my alley!

Pam throwing the football in Meredith's face was hilarious. I was laughing hard for a good 30 seconds! TWSS!

I figured once I saw Ryans hands twitching like crazy that he was high on coke. I wonder if he's going to head up the office in the spin off, The Office: South Central L.A.?

ETA to add the first thing I thought of: Wouldn't entering the phone sales as Internet sales be illegal?
Old 04-24-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really enjoyed this episode. I agree with whoever said that this was better than the other episodes out of "The Office" because all the cast was involved; it was taking place in and out of "The Office" so that definitely made it better.

Toby was hilarious tonight. I was shocked when he was touching Pam, I didn't know what to think or what was going on. His reaction to being "caught" was priceless though; making up a lame excuse and running, jumping the fence, and getting the hell out of there was one of the highlights of this episode.

Ryan on coke was fantastic. I don't really like his character, so it'd be nice to see him kinda self-destruct. I like how his "friend" was like "Don't take him to the hospital" and got the hell outta there.

I like how Hank showed up and nobody was there. And Jim assumed the cleaning crew spoke Spanish, and then Oscar said they just happened to speak Spanish.

Great episode overall.
Old 04-24-08, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Al Padrino
And am I the only one thinking that maybe, just maybe, when we see the end of Jim and Pam, Toby will be the open arms Pam needs?
According to Wikipedia, the title of the season finale is
Spoiler:
"Goodbye, Toby." So, unless they're throwing us a curveball, it doesn't look like Mr. Flenderson will be around anymore. Which is too bad, because I love Toby. I was hoping it was B.J. Novak who was leaving.

And that's on Wikipedia, so it has to be true.
Old 04-24-08, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Toby Flenderson is all that is wrong with the paper industry.
Old 04-24-08, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Pam hitting Merideth was the highlight for me. Pam says she knows how to throw and proceeds to nail Merideth. Complete with *thud* sound effect.

I can't believe no one's mentioned the child predators using the DM web site. I thought that was great.
Old 04-24-08, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I nearly lost it (and actually was yelling at the tv) when Michael took a cell phone picture of Dwigt and his friend making out.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.