Britney's Back!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-08, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Britney's Back!

Hate to say I told you so, but...

Spears To Return To TV Show

Britney Spears is to return to the TV sitcom which gave her a career boost last month. The pop star gave show How I Met Your Mother its highest ratings ever when she appeared as a love-struck secretary in an episode on March 24, and now she had agreed to reprise her character, according to reports. A source says, "The show is ecstatic and so is Britney. She had so much fun the first time around she really wanted to come back. It was a mutual decision to work together more."
Old 04-21-08, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts
Listening to Segal talk about her on a radio show, he was trying to be kind, but you could tell he hated working with her.
Old 04-21-08, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 426 Likes on 307 Posts
Neil Patrick Harris has stated publically that He doesn't want Britney to comeback, not specifically her, but doesn't think the show should use stunt casting to boast ratings, I agree.
Old 04-21-08, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I welcome Britney back. She is always good on television comedy (Will & Grace, SNL, HIMYM...)

I am sure the actors have had to work with a lot of people they didn't care for throughout their acting careers, tough luck.

Has the show even been renewed yet? Don't get me wrong, I watch it every week, but if Britney can help them some more, I don't see the harm. Plus, they didn't use her a ton in the episode -- nothing like how Will & Grace used people. Her appearance reminded me more of say Brad Pitt on Friends (I hate Karen Green!), perfect for the situation.
Old 04-21-08, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,308 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Neil Patrick Harris has stated publically that He doesn't want Britney to comeback, not specifically her, but doesn't think the show should use stunt casting to boast ratings, I agree.
"It seems that yesterday a writer took some quotes of mine and speculated an opinion about their intent. I write to you to set the record straight," the actor says. "Britney did a great job on the show. She really did. In fact, we are all hoping that she returns rather soon to reprise her role as Abby."

At first, the AP stood by its story. "I respect his right to change his stance," said AP entertainment editor Jesse Washington, "but... Neil Patrick Harris told us unequivocally that he did not believe that Britney should be on the show." But by late Friday, April 11, the AP seemed to have changed its tune. "We're issuing a clarification to our story," Washington said in a statement. "Harris did not say that he opposed a return engagement for Spears, and our lede said that he did."

Neil Patrick Harris clarifies his Britney Spears remarks, AP then clarifies its story
Old 04-21-08, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial

I understand his contempt for stunt casting, but I actually think the Britney character works. I'm not a fan of Britney Spears (in fact, I'd never heard of her until her appearance on HIMYM), but if you're on the bubble...whatever it takes, right?
Old 04-21-08, 08:27 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Ugh. She is still alive? Its sad that they have to cast her just to improve ratings so the show comes back next season. As much as I enjoy HIMYM when Ive watched it, this is just pathetic. The only place Britney belongs is in a jail cell or a mental ward. I know if I pulled half the crap she has in the past year I'd be at either one or dead.
Old 04-21-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by mike7162
I'm not a fan of Britney Spears (in fact, I'd never heard of her until her appearance on HIMYM),
What rock do you live under?
Old 04-22-08, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
I'm not a fan of Britney Spears (in fact, I'd never heard of her until her appearance on HIMYM)
That I just don't believe. Unless you've been inside a block of ice for 10 years
Old 04-22-08, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(in fact, I'd never heard of her until her appearance on HIMYM)

liar liar pants on fire!
Old 04-22-08, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If her being back means that Sarah Chalke is also coming back (which is the case), then I am fine with it.