DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 4/17/08

Episode Title:
Spoiler:
I Promise...

Episode Description:
Spoiler:
One Castaway has made too many promises to too many friends, leading to a Tribal Council in which she is forced to betray an alliance. One Castaway, desperate for friends and allies, makes the ultimate sacrifice in exchange for promises of safety from every single tribemate... Who will go home?

Old 04-17-08, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bump for voting
Old 04-17-08, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts
Episode Description:
Spoiler:
One Castaway has made too many promises to too many friends, leading to a Tribal Council in which she is forced to betray an alliance. One Castaway, desperate for friends and allies, makes the ultimate sacrifice in exchange for promises of safety from every single tribemate... Who will go home?

Spoiler:
Isn't "the ultimate sacrifice" normally considered to be death? If so, count me in for watching tonight's episode
Old 04-17-08, 07:41 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The immaturity of the contestants this season just hit a new high with that finger crossing ordeal. Seriously? Crossing your fingers to get out of a promise? Didn't that "rule" end after about 3rd grade?

Well, I think it's funny Ozzie got blindsided like that and didn't use the idol, but the fact the Teeth is the ring leader and probably in control of the game now really annoys me. There have been some REALLY annoying characters on this show the last few seasons, but she tops them all, and not just because she's annoying, but because of the type of person she clearly is.

We can only hope that this "girl power" thing ends up the same way last time a group of women had such control of the game - with some guy somehow surviving each week and ending up with the $1 million.

Last edited by aktick; 04-17-08 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-17-08, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome Tribal Council!!!
Old 04-17-08, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Oh Snap!
Old 04-17-08, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
I thought Eliza's eyes were going to pop out of her fucking head.
Old 04-17-08, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Best sendoff speech ever.

To the person in my alliance that voted against me, I pretty much hate you. Screw you.
Old 04-17-08, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well Oz you let your ego get the best of you. I hope Erik, James, or Amanda wins. The rest are twats I care nothing about and I hope Teeth is the next to go.
Old 04-17-08, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Finisher
I thought Eliza's eyes were going to pop out of her fucking head.
I thought that was her normal look.
Old 04-17-08, 08:04 PM

Ozzy just got too full of himself. The look he gave the others when he was voted off and leaving council was an "How dare you vote ME off" look. He was a great competetor, but he definitely needed to be humbled.
Old 04-17-08, 08:08 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Well Oz you let your ego get the best of you. I hope Erik, James, or Amanda wins. The rest are twats I care nothing about and I hope Teeth is the next to go.
Agreed...though I would add Jason to the list. He may be a moron, but if he can survive and make it to the final 3, he'd be deserving IMO.
Old 04-17-08, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
No James, Ozzy is the dumbest Survivor ever. He has nobody to blame but himself.

1. How many chances did he have to get rid of Cirie, the main schemer, and not even try to do so?
2. Failing to recognize the girl power threat.
3. Bailing on the IC so early for 3 donuts.
4. Then after all that, running with shields down at the Tribal Council.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Props to Parvati for winning that endurance challenge although you have no shot of winning now (although you may have not had one to begin with). Well maybe you can get James back in your corner with a nice BJ. Oops - forgot about those teeth.

Last edited by Red Dog; 04-17-08 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-17-08, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by aktick
Agreed...though I would add Jason to the list. He may be a moron, but if he can survive and make it to the final 3, he'd be deserving IMO.
He's gonna have to win those immunity callenges or the gals will vote him out.

Red Dog: I agree. I love me some Oz but he really fucked up big time.

Last edited by LiquidSky; 04-17-08 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-17-08, 08:31 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Ozzy.
Old 04-17-08, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, Parvati definitely lost 3 votes on the jury, as did Cirie, so it'll be interesting if either get to the final 2.

Eliza's facial expressions after the verdict was rendered were funny.

Ozfather didn't take to his ouster too kindly, excellent, true reactionary comments from him. Kudos.
Old 04-17-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cirrie is in total control and nobody seems to know. She might be worthless when it comes to challenges, but she is as good as they get when it comes to scheming. I love her.
Old 04-17-08, 09:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Yep, Ol' Oz got way overconfident & it bit him in the kiester. Hated to see him go in a way...don't know if I've even seen any contestant so comfortable in the jungle (like he could live out there & be happy)...but he was getting really cocky.

Loved the editing & the way Jeff dragged out the reading of the results.

This is shaping up to be a really good season with some seriously memorable blindsiding going on. I thought I'd be tired of seeing the favorites again...the "All-Stars" season was one of my least-favorite...but there are some great personalities.

Sorry, Sky, but I like seeing Parv hang around just to see her strolling in those little scraps of cloth. She can be really annoying, but I commented to my wife that she is also one of the strongest females from a physical standpoint ever to play the game. Not too bad at strategy either. And the girl is toned!

I'd like to know how the producers decide whom to feature. Is it just me, or has 90% of the air time gone to the favorites? I barely know who Natalie is, get Jason & Erik confused at times, have only recently started to get to know Alex, etc. After the Hulk got voted off, it seems that the only time that the fans get featured is when they are interracting with the favorites (Erik following Ozzy around while crushing on him) or when they're in mortal danger (Stacey's desperate attempt to stay alive in the game). Meanwhile, we've seen lots of Cirie's manipulations, romances between Ozzy/Amanda & James/Parvati, Jonathon's bid to control the game & subsequent injury, etc.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that the focus has been terribly skewed toward the favs.

What would be really funny would be to see Jason win it all now.
Old 04-17-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Shinobi
Ozzy just got too full of himself. The look he gave the others when he was voted off and leaving council was an "How dare you vote ME off" look.
I kind of felt like he was trying to figure out who did it.

I don't know who disappointed me more: Ozzy or Parvati. How could Ozzy not learn from James's mistake? Once they know you have the idol, they're going to keep coming after it until they get it. Use it! But Parvati turning on him and essentially eliminating herself from the game in the process? Still, it's fun to watch Cirie tear apart her own home. There was a time when she was an absolute lock for the Final 3. I'm curious to see where she ends up now that she's schemed her way out of it.

Oh, and could Jason be a bigger douche? In the open he talks about his "godlike" prowess in challenges and repeatedly refers to winning a bunch of challenges in a row in the past tense. Dude, you won a challenge. Very impressive. Let's not forget Courtney and Lil won immunity too.

I still think James is the dumbest ever, though. He had two idols with only three chances to use it left. He still had two more chances to win immunity just once and coast into the final. Ozzy at least had to think about the potential of using it later.

I wish they could find a way to do an All Badass season, where the game was restructured a bit to reward achievement. Keep the main game the way it is, but do one special season where it's all-out physical and mental competition in the challenges with rules that discourage voting someone out because "he's a threat". I know that's not what Survivor is about, but I'd love to see it anyway.

das
Old 04-17-08, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey

I wish they could find a way to do an All Badass season, where the game was restructured a bit to reward achievement. Keep the main game the way it is, but do one special season where it's all-out physical and mental competition in the challenges with rules that discourage voting someone out because "he's a threat". I know that's not what Survivor is about, but I'd love to see it anyway.

das
I totally agree. It just seems like more and more every season people that couldn't "survive" on their own on the island are making it to the end. If Survivor doesn't shake up their own game soon I'll probably be out. I guess I just miss the early seasons. Even the weak ones then at least tried to do stuff at challenges and camp.
Old 04-17-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Awesome TV moment.

Ozzy can look at everyone else with fury and say he "pretty much hates" the person who turned, but he jumped out the challenge and he didn't play his immunity idol. Bummer for him, but he just thought he was too invincible, which clearly he was not.
Old 04-17-08, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by creekdipper
I barely know who Natalie is, get Jason & Erik confused at times, have only recently started to get to know Alex, etc. After the Hulk got voted off, it seems that the only time that the fans get featured is when they are interracting with the favorites (Erik following Ozzy around while crushing on him) or when they're in mortal danger (Stacey's desperate attempt to stay alive in the game). Meanwhile, we've seen lots of Cirie's manipulations, romances between Ozzy/Amanda & James/Parvati, Jonathon's bid to control the game & subsequent injury, etc.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that the focus has been terribly skewed toward the favs.

What would be really funny would be to see Jason win it all now.
How can anyone not know the difference between Erik and Jason by now?

Who is Stacey? Do you mean Ami? She was a Favorite.

Ever think we're seeing a lot of the Favorites because one of them wins? After all, this is Survivor, not Big Brother. They know who wins and edit the show accordingly. So just think of it like any other scripted show or film. There's a reason for supporting characters or cameos.
Old 04-17-08, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts
I am fucking done with this season, and sure it sucks that they voted out Ozzy, but I hate these stupid girl power alliances. I think I would only want to see the douchebag Jason get voted out.
Old 04-17-08, 11:09 PM

That was awesome!

Fuck Ozzy and everyone else that went back on their word to Jason. Hopefully the other 3 will be miserable the rest of their stay on Micronesia.

I cannot stand people that have no intention of keeping their word. And that goes for Cirie and the others that crossed their fingers too, since they were planning on going back on their word from the start.

And for those that don't think it's wrong to go back on your word, well that just shows their character or lack thereof.

Chris

Last edited by mrpayroll; 04-17-08 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-17-08, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
And for those of you that don't think it's wrong to go back on your word, well that just shows your character or lack thereof.

Chris
I'd hate to hear how you feel about someone who sinks your battleship or forecloses on your hotel!

das

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.