DVD Talk
In this instance, can an employee have lunch with their boss? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : In this instance, can an employee have lunch with their boss?

Ravenous
04-16-08, 08:33 PM
My buddy keeps telling me about this girl at work. He talks about her all the time and Im running out of stuff to tell him so I thought Id run it through the gauntlet.

He works through an employment agency that hires people and sends them off to certain business like banks and the like that need people. He works for the agency and is on contract. The agency has an onsite rep that is his boss but he digs her and hits on her alot. He says they always talk and laugh in her office and decided to ask her to lunch. She said she didnt think she could cause shes a boss and shed have to ask her manager. He said he told her to find out and that he'll try again later.

I told him that was risky cause no matter what its his boss but hes a bit more ballsy in that area than id be but since hes on an assignment thatll last 6 months he doesnt really care. I dont think there should be anything wrong with having lunch its dating id think they wouldnt like. But he throws reasons for this and that but I dont know a thing about office relationships so maybe someone her can give me some info to throw at him.

dieinafire
04-16-08, 08:39 PM
Pics? We need to know how hot she is before deciding if it's OK.

Ravenous
04-16-08, 08:43 PM
Yea I tell him to grab one with his cell but all he says is shes real cute and mid 20s

My Other Self
04-16-08, 08:48 PM
Yea I tell him to grab one with his cell but all he says is shes real cute and mid 20sI need to get laid.

Numanoid
04-16-08, 08:51 PM
She said she didnt think she could cause shes a boss and shed have to ask her manager.That's bullshit. She's not into him.

Ravenous
04-16-08, 09:03 PM
That's bullshit. She's not into him.

Yea thats my take, I just dont hit him over the head with it. But like I said he just gives excuses like 'naw its cause shes in charge of all the associates and she has to pick employess of the month amongst them and doesnt want to show a favoritism" and blah blah

I just said Ive had lunch with bosses but they were dudes so she may be letting him down easy.

mndtrp
04-16-08, 09:46 PM
She doesn't want him, but she's doing it so he doesn't feel bad. She should just cut him off right away.

prp2
04-16-08, 10:12 PM
She should just cut him off right away.

Just like a rogue penis.

Ravenous
04-16-08, 11:13 PM
She doesn't want him, but she's doing it so he doesn't feel bad. She should just cut him off right away.

He should cut her off, she has no choice cause if he goes to her shes kinda cornered :lol: Though I dont know why she doesnt just flat out tell him no or 'this is inappropriate' since shes the boss for fucks sake.

I think hes conviced otherwise cause a fellow employee who shes also the boss off told him that they were talking (both are girls) and the boss brought up how funny my buddy was and that he was 'so funny' and crap. Poor bastard

JimRochester
04-17-08, 08:39 AM
If it's only 6 months then wait the 6 months and ask again, then he'll know for sure.

VinVega
04-17-08, 09:39 AM
If it's only 6 months then wait the 6 months and ask again, then he'll know for sure.
:up:

melbatoast
04-17-08, 12:47 PM
If he's not careful she'll shorten that 6 months.

DVD Polizei
04-17-08, 09:36 PM
Penis Tease.

What he needs to do is tell her he talked to the manager and said it was just fine. See what she says then.

Ravenous
04-17-08, 09:45 PM
Man hed do that to if I gave him the idea. Hes that ballsy/crazy.

With all the stuff he tells me its like they get along and talk and kid alot.... in her office. On the floor its all professional. I told him to just take it easy before losing his job and just wait till his assignment is over. Doubt hell listen

DVD Polizei
04-17-08, 10:01 PM
Yeah, she's just being the "Friendly Networker". Women can usually be spotted like a dalmation in with a group of poodles as they work their way to being friends with everyone.

But your friend apparently has his radar broken. And his dick does not suffice for a radar.

Many of us kid around with women at work. Many are hotties. If you find yourself going out with "the guys" from work for a drink and burger, word gets out. If they want to see you outside of work, you'll know about it.

Play it cool. Don't be aggressive. Especially at work.

Ravenous
04-20-08, 12:05 PM
Thats pretty good. Interested or not, I told him to leave her wanting more and taking it slow so even if she is interested, he might have better luck playing it cool. I told him to do that and NOT go out and seek her to talk to her and shit. Now to see if he listens.